Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-25-2023, 03:56 AM   #1
mgbsher
mgbsher began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question the best device for reading only with the biggest screen and features? Not tablet!

Hi,
I am using Amazon Kindle MX for years.
It is not working as well as it used to.
I've tried the kindle paperwhite but did not like it at all because of the small screen size compared to the MX model.
I've googled and found a lot of models but found most devices trying to provide something balanced between a tablet and an e-ink reader.
I am not interested in a tablet at all.
But very interested in a device with a big screen and support good suitable storage space, with good features.
Just for reading, nothing more, nothing less.
So please recommend.
Budget 650-700 USD.
Thanks
mgbsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 05:50 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgbsher View Post
But very interested in a device with a big screen and support good suitable storage space, with good features.
Just for reading, nothing more, nothing less.
Budget 650-700 USD.
Cheaper, but more: Meebook P10 Pro
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2023, 03:29 PM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
There are many ereaders with big screen: Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa and Kobo Elipsa 2, Pocketbook Inkpad X (or the cheapest but only 150 PPI Pocketbook Inkpad Lite). None of them is only ereader: with them in some cases you can take notes, sometimes listen to audio books and so on. But they are the closest to what you are looking for. I didn't check the price.

There are also many ereader that uses Android but generally they are tablet with eink screen so You can use them like ereader.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 08:24 AM   #4
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Kindle Scribe and don't use the pen?
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 12:45 PM   #5
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillAdams View Post
Kindle Scribe and don't use the pen?
I own a Kobo Elipsa because I want to read with a large screen but I don't use the pen :

I know that it sounds strange for someone but after all: who cares?
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2023, 01:28 PM   #6
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I own a Kobo Elipsa because I want to read with a large screen but I don't use the pen :

I know that it sounds strange for someone but after all: who cares?
I only use the Pen on the Elipsa to indicate format errors on PDFs for POD. I do almost all ereading on a Sage and all Advanced Notes on the Sage. It's nearly perfect.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2023, 06:07 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
There is also the Pocketbook Inkpad X with a 10.3" screen.

https://pocketbook.ch/en-ch/catalog?...=10.3%20inches
https://www.newegg.com/p/0VG-00FH-00...9SIAM05ANZ1967
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote