Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-29-2023, 10:13 PM   #1
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kobo Libra H20, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles
Kobo Libra 2 vs Kobo Sage

I'm thinking of upgrading from the Libra H2O. I can't decide if I should go with the Libra 2 or the Sage. I like the extra inch on the Sage and the flush screen, but I've heard the battery life is not good. Those of you with the Sage: how often are you charging your device? If you have both, which one would you recommend?
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 11:09 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Frankly, I haven't kept track of the frequency of my charging. Once a week? Every 5-6 days? No idea. Moreover, the amount I read daily varies.

I also find it hard to recommend one over the other. I slightly prefer the Sage, because it's slimmer and the ergonomics suit me better, even though it's heavier; there's also that extra inch of screen, and it's a bit faster. But I can't deny the Libra has a very beautiful and sharp screen, better than the Sage. The difference isn't big, however. I do use both of them.

Then there's the issue of the Sage buttons. Specifically, sometimes clicking doesn't work and I have to touch the screen to turn the page, after that the clicking works again. It doesn't happen very often, but not very seldom either, and seems to be universal to most Sages, from what I've read. It doesn't bother me too much, but it may bother you. The Libra has no button issues.

If portability and battery life matter to you, get the Libra. Otherwise, the Sage is also a good choice, and ultimately it very much depends on personal priorities.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 01:34 AM   #3
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is it really worth upgrading from the Libra 1 at all? Unless you need the audiobook support, I might be inclined to wait to see what the Libra 3 and Sage 2 have to offer when they eventually come out. I'm not sure the improvement from the Carta 1200 screen would be worth the expense, unless your existing Libra's battery can't hold a charge anymore.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 05:08 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have a Libra original (was Wife's but she got a Sage), Libra 2 and a Sage.
It's totally not worth getting a Libra 2 if you have a Libra.
Wife never uses Pen/Notes on Sage but would not go back to PW3 or Libra.
Two others in family have the Sage. I passed my original Libra on to a grandson.

I can't imagine an original Libra battery needing replaced unless it was faulty. Even original H2O (6.8″ + SD card slot) battery is still OK. The original Libra is easy to open and replace battery.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 03:16 PM   #5
CAFlanny
Connoisseur
CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CAFlanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Kobo Libra H20, Meebook P78 Pro, Kindles
Hmmm....maybe I will wait then. My Libra H20 is in perfect shape. I bought it right before the Libra 2 came out. With my luck, they would announce new ones right after I ordered the Libra 2 or the Sage.
CAFlanny is offline   Reply With Quote