Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-26-2018, 12:57 AM   #1
abrogard
Zealot
abrogard began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Please Update Me on Importing Kindle Books

I used to use Calibre to read my kindle books and play with them - changing formats and such.

Haven't done anything for a year or more.

Now I find there's been lots of changes everywhere. Amazon has changed the format - calibre couldn't import, then calibre can import, calibre has a plugin to change formats, amazon is changing its format yet again...

On and on. Confuses me reading about it all.

Can I please get a straightforward update on the situation?

I want to put all my Kindle for PC books into Calibre and be able to export them from there in different formats.
I'd also like to remove DRM if that's necessary. I used to do that with a plugin I remember.

And I used to have an old version of Kindle for PC to help with things, I remember.

Had a system disk crash about a year ago.

My old install of Kindle for PC has gone - I had to get a new one now it is Kindle for PC 1.21.0

and I had to get a new install of Calibre, too, 3.17 it says.

I just got about 100 of my Kindle books and tried to import them to Calibre. It told me they were KFX and gave me a link to tell me what to do about them.

But that link led me onto all that confusing reading I've just mentioned

Can I get it straight and simple? What must I do?
abrogard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
See the Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre thread for solutions to KFX.

Google Apprentice Alf or Apprentice Harper for DRM removal information.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert