Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2023, 09:43 AM   #76
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
I was going to try it but just saw the only Kindle device at home was updated to 5.16.4 that came out 3 days ago? Bummer, I may get another one just for this.
Thats a shame my kindle has been permanently in airplane mode since I got it
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:26 AM   #77
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Getting "shipping mode error" at 13

battery level too high

Any advice?
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 10:39 AM   #78
Hammerhand
Hammerhand began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
Seems like i was wrong and it might only work on 5.16.X where X < 3
I myself am running 5.16.2.1.1 and it worked great on it. So i suggest manually updating to a version <= to that. You can find links to firmware in the spoiler in the original post.
Yes, that's the case. I updated and could install jailbreak (I suffered the remount problem but it's solved too with your latter post).

Thanks a lot for your work!!!
Hammerhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 10:42 AM   #79
Marek
Zealot
Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.Marek writes prose that makes the Gods weep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccadi View Post
Getting "shipping mode error" at 13

battery level too high

Any advice?
You haven't copied the files correctly
Old 10-28-2023, 10:43 AM   #80
ccadi
Alive'n'Reading
ccadi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Libra 2, Paperwhite 5 SE
Quote:
You haven't copied the files correctly
Thank you, will start again.
Got there in the end ��

Last edited by ccadi; 10-28-2023 at 02:32 PM.
ccadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2023, 11:29 AM   #81
KoKoRoKo
KoKoRoKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (11th Gen)
Koreader

Quote:
As for the jailbreak install hotfix again and for KUAL check this post
Thanks for the fix, KUAL works but the extensions are a mess, I tried Koreader and Sox so far and both don't seem to work. That's an extension issue I believe? Will update if I have any progress...

On a side note, can we downgrade the fw?
KoKoRoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:40 AM   #82
lowsense
lowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheeselowsense can extract oil from cheese

Device: Hisense A5
Quote:
Make sure you are using coplates KUAL and that you have already copied mrinstaller before copying this extensions folder, don't install dumb shit or you WILL brick your kindle
Wow! You rock! I canconfirm it works!

I finally successfully installed Kual.Now I have Koreader, RenameOTAbinaries, Helper+ extensions, all work!

Thank you so much Marek!
lowsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 11:48 AM   #83
reminon
Enthusiast
reminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterreminon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Scribe.
[QUOTE=KoKoRoKo;4367435]Thanks for the fix, KUAL works but the extensions are a mess, I tried Koreader and Sox so far and both don't seem to work. That's an extension issue I believe? Will update if I have any progress...

On a side note, can we downgrade the fw? :chin

NVM. I see you are on a PW5.
reminon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 12:18 PM   #84
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoKoRoKo View Post
Thanks for the fix, KUAL works but the extensions are a mess, I tried Koreader and Sox so far and both don't seem to work. That's an extension issue I believe? Will update if I have any progress...

On a side note, can we downgrade the fw?
You can downgrade there's a guide on kindlemodding.gitbook.io
As for koreader it seems to be a common problem on the pw5 and i have no clue what Sox is
Old 10-28-2023, 12:46 PM   #85
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
You can downgrade there's a guide on kindlemodding.gitbook.io
As for koreader it seems to be a common problem on the pw5 and i have no clue what Sox is
Sox plays audio files and internet audio streams. Only works on models that support Audible books via Bluetooth or headphone/speaker jack.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #86
KoKoRoKo
KoKoRoKo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 5 (11th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Sox plays audio files and internet audio streams. Only works on models that support Audible books via Bluetooth or headphone/speaker jack.

Dave
Hey dude! Glad to see you here. I got the Sox menu to load but it doesn't play my mp3s for some reason. You have any ideas as to what I can try? I hope sox isn't fw specific?
KoKoRoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 02:05 PM   #87
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminon View Post
I don't believe you can. At least I wasn't able to. I just placed it into airplane mode as soon as I got past the sign-in. I am fully jailbroken on my scribe on 5.16.2 with kual and koreader.
Have you tried usbnet?
j.p.s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 02:47 PM   #88
snake218
snake218 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3&4
Thanks! This is indeed great news.
I will try on a P4 i had lying around in a lower firmware.

I guess the Paperwhite 5 in 5.16.3 are out of plans on a near future?
snake218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 03:18 PM   #89
Bella
Bella began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake218 View Post

I guess the Paperwhite 5 in 5.16.3 are out of plans on a near future?
It looks like there's an exploit for firmware 5.16.3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=46

Hopefully Amazon will have fixed this in firmware 5.16.4.
Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 03:32 PM   #90
snake218
snake218 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3&4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
It looks like there's an exploit for firmware 5.16.3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=46

Hopefully Amazon will have fixed this in firmware 5.16.4.
Thanks for the info, maybe with 5.16.4 being released now, the 5.16.3 point of entry can be discussed and led to (let's hope) another exploit.
snake218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak