Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-27-2024, 07:17 PM   #556
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Laura,

You mentioned that I can use Kindle for PC with new books. I currently run KfPc v1.17.1, which had worked with the original DeDRM . I was able to download books in that app, and then import in to Calibre. However, more recently published books now show an error msg when attempting to download: "Kindle app requires an update to download".

Are you saying that if I install an more recent verision of KfPC, I will be able to download azw ebook files, and then import into Calibre?

TIA
Ed
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:55 PM   #557
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by gandoe View Post
Are you saying that if I install an more recent verision of KfPC, I will be able to download azw ebook files, and then import into Calibre?
You will need the newest version of K4PC, calibre, the KFX Input plugin and the updated DeDRM plugin. You will be downloading KFX format ebooks—K4PC downloads Mobi, AZW3/KF8 and KFX as .azw, Amazon alone knows why.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:16 AM   #558
gandoe
Enthusiast
gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.gandoe can eat soup with a fork.

Device: none
Thank you for the response and information. I'll back up, and then update.
gandoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #559
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Today I came upon a book (published in May 2024) that couldn't be downloaded with the Bluestacks method - I got the error message saying that I needed to update the Android app. Books published in April still download and can be deDRMed.

So it seems this method will stop working soon enough, as new books can't be downloaded with it.

The Kindle for PC method still works with new books. And the Download & Transfer method, of course.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:34 PM   #560
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Today I came upon a book (published in May 2024) that couldn't be downloaded with the Bluestacks method - I got the error message saying that I needed to update the Android app. Books published in April still download and can be deDRMed.

So it seems this method will stop working soon enough, as new books can't be downloaded with it.

The Kindle for PC method still works with new books. And the Download & Transfer method, of course.
Can you give this eBook a go? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D349NYL4
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #561
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you give this eBook a go? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D349NYL4
Hmm, that one worked. I wonder why the other one didn't; there seemed nothing unusual about it, the latest book in a series. Nothing unusual on its product page either.

Still, this was the first time for me that a book has required the Android app to be updated, so who knows what's going on.
Old Yesterday, 07:00 PM   #562
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hmm, that one worked. I wonder why the other one didn't; there seemed nothing unusual about it, the latest book in a series. Nothing unusual on its product page either.

Still, this was the first time for me that a book has required the Android app to be updated, so who knows what's going on.
What book is it that failed for you? Maybe it's KFX only (just a guess).
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #563
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What book is it that failed for you? Maybe it's KFX only (just a guess).
This one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0CPS3V3WM

Last edited by Sirtel; Yesterday at 07:37 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #564
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Given that the book you tried is a KU book, try this one. It was released on May 12, 2024.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CW1HXQ5R
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM   #565
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Given that the book you tried is a KU book, try this one. It was released on May 12, 2024.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CW1HXQ5R
It's 7.62$ here, too expensive. KU is not available in my country.
Old Yesterday, 08:16 PM   #566
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
It's 7.62$ here, too expensive. KU is not available in my country.
I'm guessing it could be an issue because the book you could not download is KU even though you bought it.
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM   #567
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm guessing it could be an issue because the book you could not download is KU even though you bought it.
I've bought many books that presumably are in KU, as they were only available on Amazon. Including the earlier books in that series.

The only thing I noticed was the relatively large file size. But other books in the series have the same large size and they downloaded just fine with the Bluestacks method.
Old Today, 05:05 AM   #568
riverz
riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.riverz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
I've bought many books that presumably are in KU, as they were only available on Amazon. Including the earlier books in that series.

The only thing I noticed was the relatively large file size. But other books in the series have the same large size and they downloaded just fine with the Bluestacks method.
Out of curiosity I tried to download it and same message as you. It's likely nothing to do with KU as I've had the same message every now and again with books I've bought. Hasn't happened frequently enough for me to figure out what in the book is different.

Last edited by riverz; Today at 05:07 AM.
riverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #569
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverz View Post
Out of curiosity I tried to download it and same message as you. It's likely nothing to do with KU as I've had the same message every now and again with books I've bought. Hasn't happened frequently enough for me to figure out what in the book is different.
Ah, good to know it's happened before - it was the first time for me. Nothing to do with the publication date, then.
Old Today, 08:10 AM   #570
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus, Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
How annoying since that one would be DRM-free to begin with as long as you could download it in non-kfx format.
lkmiller is online now   Reply With Quote