Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Both are addictive. They'll eat through that battery life pretty quickly.
No kidding! Playing them churns my battery down so that I have to charge it every night. Not sure it's worth it for playing on my DX, though maybe when the K3 comes in with its longer battery life, I won't notice as much.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #17
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Oh no. Now people won't be able to READ on their kindle without all the distraction of GAMES! You know, like how the iPad is so terrible for being able to do so many other things than reading such that someone can't actually have self control to read.

Lee
At least we have to choose to be distracted on the Kindle. Every time I try to read on my iPhone Kindle app I get bombarded by all my other activity (email notifications, txt msgs, calls, push notifications from countless apps). Not to mention the dang battery is decimated by even a few hours of reading.

Good thing I only read on the phone when I'm desperate.

Maybe the iPad would be a better experience though. I do plan to get one, someday. Probably ver.2 (I'm just crossing my fingers it has expandable memory, a use port and a camera). I'd jump all over that.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #18
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneD View Post
Maybe now that the UK Kindle store has launched, they'll make the apps available.
The UK store still doesn't show the applications

It's a bit laughable that they released their KDK (Kindle Development Kit) to a limited number of developers and now, after approx 7 months, precisely 2 small applications have been released.

Neither of which will work on my UK device.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:39 AM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
The UK store still doesn't show the applications

It's a bit laughable that they released their KDK (Kindle Development Kit) to a limited number of developers and now, after approx 7 months, precisely 2 small applications have been released.

Neither of which will work on my UK device.
Dig it. I was hoping for a word-processing app by now.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #20
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I ordered both games for my K3, but I'd really like to see interactive adventures like the old Zork games, or even choose your own adventure books. I'm a big reader, but a I like taking a break to play a few games once in a while.
CYOA books have been available for a while. It's not nearly as fun on an ereader. I was that kid who used bookmarks and fingers to hold open the pages and read every possible scenario. This is a little more difficult on the Kindle
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert