Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 01:20 PM   #1
Druidneil
Druidneil began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Book Covers not showing for ll books

Hi ll,

Been using Calibre for over 10 years so have some experience. I now have a problem where not all book covers are being shown where they were before. when I add new books then the cover is displayed even when I close and reopen Calibre But a lot of my books covers are not displayed and these are some recent additions and some I added years ago. When i select the book the cover is displayed in the side panel but not on the cover grid.

any siggestions?
Thanks
Druidneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 01:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you read the Official faq? Do, it will help prevent problems.

That said: This might be:
1) Your Library is not on a Local drive
2) The drive is being synced (2 way) while calibre is running
3) You are using the OS file manager to add covers direct. (never change /add /delete) ANYTHING in the Library folder, Calibre knows what it put there. Anything else can cause the DB to be out nof sync. Run the Library Maintenance tool found on the Library icon
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2024, 02:34 PM   #3
Druidneil

Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you read the Official faq? Do, it will help prevent problems.

That said: This might be:
1) Your Library is not on a Local drive
- it is on a external drive and I've directed Calibre to read my library here and it has always worked showing my book covers
2) The drive is being synced (2 way) while calibre is running
- only get synced once when loading
3) You are using the OS file manager to add covers direct. (never change /add /delete) ANYTHING in the Library folder, Calibre knows what it put there. Anything else can cause the DB to be out nof sync. Run the Library Maintenance tool found on the Library icon
- agree i always added via the tools in Calibre

Still have the issue as book covers are there and exist in the folder where some are read but now not all
Old 04-01-2024, 03:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I am out of ideas
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 03:35 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try running the calibre 7.7.101 preview release. It has a fix for some covers not showing in the cover view.

This thread has a lot of information about the problem, including a work-around if you don't want to run the preview (post 23 on).
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2024, 05:07 PM   #6
Druidneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Try running the calibre 7.7.101 preview release. It has a fix for some covers not showing in the cover view.

This thread has a lot of information about the problem, including a work-around if you don't want to run the preview (post 23 on).
Yep - did the preview release and sorted - thx

Tags
cover; book cover display