Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-08-2024, 08:25 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Creating a column for Authors from Goodreads

For my own reasons, I need to create a column that would have an author name in LN, FN format. I don't want to break up the name. How would I do this? It will only be one name.

Text shown in the column browser? Or Text Comma Separated with Names?

It may be names, but I want it to be left alone when creating a catalog, I want the column to show the names exactly how they were entered.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 04:13 PM   #2
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
And why not create a simple yes/no column and keep your calibre settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captura de pantalla_2024-04-13_17-12-33.png
Views:	36
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	207552  
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 04:35 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
{author_sort}
The plugboard can replace {authors} if the driver does not have a setting (like for Kindle)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 07:53 PM   #4
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
I need the columns for multiple imports from Goodreads, Library Thing, and The Story Graph. Then I need to compare the books from each with my current libary to see if they all match up.
My OCD is riding hard on getting all the info correct. This means making sure each column from each export is included.

Of course they are all going into a blank libary - I wouldn't do that to my regular libary.

Then in order to export into other library sites, they need the exact way that goodreads exports are done. A pain, but satisfying when it comes together.

So, Text shown in the browser with & for the additional authors and no & for the single authors that Goodreads uses.
Calibre shows all the authors.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote