Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
importing books from Kindle for PC

I have Calibre v 7.8, Kindle for PC v2.3.1, the latest kfx-input and DeDRM 10.0.9.

I use Kindle for PC to download new books from time to time, which puts each book in a separate directory under ..\My Kindle Content, for example B000FC0X9Q_EBOK, which then contains several files, including B000FC0X9Q_EBOK.azw.

I can go to each subdirectory under My Kindle content, and drag the .azw file to Calibre, which correctly loads and DeDRMs the file, so I can later convert to epub, my preferred format.

However, it is tedious going to each individual subdirectory and dragging the file. It would be easier to have the .azw files in a single directory so they can be selected together and dragged to Calibre (like what was possible with Kindle v1.7). So I created a PowerShell script to copy all of the new .azw files to a single directory. selected them all, and dragged to Calibre. But rather than properly imported books, I got entries that had a title like B000FC0X9Q_EBOK and were in a format kfx-zip.

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going wrong with the import?
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 01:43 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I suspect that as the files in the new directory are no longer associated with the Kindle for PC, Calibre has no clue how to decrypt them.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 02:29 PM   #3
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I have solved this, for now.

In the script, instead of copying the .azw files to a separate directory, I just call calibre with the book path to import the book within the script, which works.

I will probably run into more problems later, but I am OK for now.
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote