Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2024, 11:12 AM   #1
Sajit Nair
Sajit Nair began at the beginning.

Device: Laptop
Institutional Use of Calibre as a Digital Library Platform

Been using Calibre for quite some time and it answers all my queries ( save for format standardization when it comes to pdf conversions into epub).

I am thinking of recommending my Institute ( a not-for-profit Academic Organization) to adopt Calibre & its Content sever capabilities.

A few questions :-

1. Any thoughts from folks who have done this before ?
2. Is there any kind of licensing that I would need to know about beyond the usual Fair usage terms ?
3. My institute runs an ip-based Digital Library, can I authenticate & connect the calibre server to the stated ip ?
Sajit Nair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:31 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
2. There is no licensing restriction as far as calibre is concerned. Anyone can use it for any purpose the only restrictions come if you try to redistribute calibre itself or a product based on calibre.

3. You can put calibre behind any server you like, see https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html for examples of using a reverse proxy in front of calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
digital library, institution