Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-21-2024, 12:26 PM   #3961
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Danger in the Depths (New York Harbor Patrol #1) by Addison Fox (C-/2 stars)
  • Throw a Monkey Wrench (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #1) by Karen Chester (C+/3 stars)
  • Pushed to the Limit (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #2) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)
  • Murder Most Likely (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #3) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)
  • Witch Way to Murder (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #4) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)
  • In the Dead of Winter (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #5) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)
  • A Case of Cold Feet (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #6) by Karen Chester (D+/2 stars)
  • Last Resort (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #7) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)
  • No Place Like Home (Emma Cassidy Mysteries #8) by Karen Chester (C-/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-21.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	205956  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 10:33 PM   #3962
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
There's a Joffe Free Friday romance still free right now, as of Saturday night on the US Pacific coast.

Dawn of a Legend, Jane Elizabeth Digby #1, by Christopher Nicole
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078TGP898
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078TGP898

There are also a couple of Joffe mystery/thrillers going free right now - they're posted in the Mystery thread.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 03:09 PM   #3963
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • When It's Right by Jeanette Grey (B-/3 stars)
  • Random in Death (In Death #58/#69) by JD Robb (B/4 stars)
  • Cold Case Identity (Hudson Sibling Solutions #2) by Nicole Helm (A-/5 stars)
  • Playing the Sicilian’s Game of Revenge (Parisi Family #2) by Lorraine Hall (C/2 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 1-28.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	206071  
Old 01-29-2024, 05:59 PM   #3964
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The second of Estep's Section 47 series, Sugar Plum Spies, is on sale now at Kindle UK for £1.99.

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B1BMXKMX

Spoiler:
Quote:
VISIONS OF SUGAR PLUMS . . .

Most spies take a break for the holidays, but not me, Charlotte Locke. As an analyst for Section 47, a secret spy organization, I normally use my magical form of synesthesia to uncover lies and track paramortal criminals from the comfort of my cubicle. But tonight I’m going out into the field, along with my partner, Desmond Percy, a powerful galvanist.

Instead of enjoying Christmastime in the city, I’m in a German castle, dressed like a toy soldier and masquerading as a waitress at a swanky Christmas Eve party. My mission? To gather information that will help Section 47 track down a dangerous enemy.

Despite the glitz and glamour, I can’t shake the sense that something is wrong—and that Desmond and I might not leave the party alive.

DANCES OF DEATH . . .

My name is Desmond Percy, although I’ve had many aliases during my years working as a cleaner for Section 47. But I’ve never had a real partner until Charlotte Locke.

My part of the mission is simple: pretend to be a guest and keep an eye on things at the party while Charlotte uses her synesthesia to track down the information we need. But what starts out as a sugar plum dream quickly turns into a holiday nightmare.

Forget the mission. All I want for Christmas is to keep Charlotte safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I'm a bit late with my "best of 2022", but it's still only Jan 3, so here's my list:

{edited other books}

Jennifer Estep's two books (A Sense of Danger, Sugar Plum Spies) in her Section 47 series, which is kind of a romp-ish urban fiction spy series, with, of course, some romance too. I thought they were sort of like tossing James Bond (although with a steady love interest) into one of Ilona Andrews' worlds.

{edited other books}
Old 02-01-2024, 01:07 PM   #3965
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Midnight Crystal by Jayne Castle (Dreamlight Trilogy #3 / World of Harmony / Arcane Society #10) is $1.99

Spoiler:
It began with Krentz...continued with Quick...and now it will end with Castle.

Book Three of the Dreamlight trilogy.

For many earthly centuries, a legendary curse has plagued the Winters family, stemming from the tumultuous founding of the Arcane Society. But now, on the futuristic world of Harmony, the curse's final mystery will be unraveled...

Head of the ghost hunters guild Adam Winters and dreamlight reader extraordinaire Marlowe Jones must break the curse, save Harmony's entire underworld-and fight a passion that could destroy them both.

Kobo

Google Play

Apple Books

Amazon
Advert
Old 02-03-2024, 11:05 PM   #3966
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

There is a free romance among Joffe's Free Friday books this week, still free as of now (Saturday evening, US Pacific time)...

Noble Deeds, Noble Saga #2, by Christine Marion Fraser

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0765XCGM6
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765XCGM6
Old 02-04-2024, 01:56 PM   #3967
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Last Gasp (Pelican Bay Mysteries #1) by Karen Chester (B-/3 stars)
  • As Good As Dead (Pelican Bay Mysteries #2) by Karen Chester (B+/4 stars)
  • Dead Wood (Pelican Bay Mysteries #3) by Karen Chester (B/4 stars)
  • Snowy Mountains Dawn (Bundilla #4) by Alissa Callen (B+/4 stars)
Also started my annual complete Psy/Changeling series reread. I am up to Mine to Possess (#4).

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 2-4.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	206201  
Old 02-06-2024, 02:43 PM   #3968
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

A few freebies that I spotted. A couple repeats, one new to me...

Gifted Thief, Highland Magic #1, by Helen Harper (I really liked her Slouch Witch series)
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017EG7VLS
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017EG7VLS

Wicked Days, Ivy Morgan #1, by Lily Harper Hart
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XJ9FIWE
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00XJ9FIWE

Deadly Intentions, Hardy Brothers Security #1, by Lily Harper Hart, I haven't read any of her "contemporary" books, but have liked some of her cozy paranormal mysteries - nice to get to try one for free
Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NSV7DWG
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NSV7DWG
Old 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM   #3969
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Kelly Jamieson's Body Shot is free right now in the US. I read and liked (although without remembering a lot of specifics) some of her early hockey romances, but haven't read much by her recently. Free is good though!

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVVZ31SL
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/body-shot-6

Spoiler:
Quote:
Beck Whitcomb
I left a world of privilege to prove I can make my own way, first as a Navy SEAL, now as a business owner. Money, mansions, expensive cars—none of it could heal the loss of my older brother or buy my parents’ love. Now, after using my trust fund to open the Conquistadors tequila bar with my brothers-in-arms, I have it all: good friends, fine liquor, and hot hookups. When it comes to women, commitment’s not my thing—until I get a taste of the pretty professor who walks into my bar . . . and winds up in my bed.

Hayden Miles
I know all too well that emotional decisions can lead to heartbreak, and nothing screams “bad decision” like a playboy bartender with inked biceps and a wicked smile. Still, our chemistry is off-the-charts explosive—and I know chemistry. For once, this good girl longs to let loose and have a fling. But am I willing to risk the pain to quench my thirst? With the promise of more on the table, I’m eager to believe . . . before I miss my shot.
Old 02-10-2024, 11:14 AM   #3970
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

There is a Humble Bundle out right now for "romantasy" dramatized audiobooks, by Graphic Audio. These are not standard audiobooks, read by a narrator or narrators, but are more like dramatized adaptions or audio screenplays. I have several of the Ilona Andrews Innkeeper Graphic Audio versions, and quite like them. The top-level bundle includes 24 titles for $18, which is quite a bargain even if you already have some of them. The authors include some popular writers - in addition to IA, there are books by Jeaniene Frost, KF Breene, Charlaine Harris, Shannon Mayer, Eileen Wilks and others. And there are a couple of cheaper bundles as well - these obviously include fewer titles.

Here's a link to the Humble Bundle page, which indicates that the Bundle is available for about 14 more days: https://www.humblebundle.com/books/r...ene-more-books
Old 02-11-2024, 10:21 AM   #3971
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

I read and enjoyed Danielle L Jensen's Bridge Kingdom series in KU a while back, but haven't read any of her other books. But I did put her on eReaderIQ, and now Tarnished Empire, which is described as being in the same world as her Dark Shores books, has dropped to $0.99/£0.99 at Kindle US/UK. And it's also KU, as is the rest of the series, in the US at least. But it can also be nice to have one's own copy at a nice price, in case the author (or the publisher) decides to take the series out of KU at some point in the future. Given that I liked the Bridge Kingdom books, I'll probably grab this one on spec ...

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L8KD1HT
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L8KD1HT

Spoiler:
Quote:
DEFIANCE IS TREASON. TREASON IS DEATH.

A siege is laid against the last resistance to the Senate’s rule. As the battle rages, a commander, a soldier, and a rebel will decide how far they are willing to go for victory.

THE COMMANDER

Marcus is forced to choose between destroying the rebel forces and liberating his legion. He must face the true cost of being a leader. And an oppressor.

THE SOLDIER

Agrippa sets his sights on glory to fill the deepening void within him. He discovers that the price of fame might not just be paid in blood, it might be paid by his heart.

THE REBEL

Silvara joins the rebel forces to fight against the legions who would see her family dead. While she dreams of being a warrior, she finds her sharpest weapon is seduction. But to defeat the Empire, she’ll have to betray the young man who now has her heart.

Inspired by the harsh world of ancient Rome, readers are obsessed with this martial tale of fiery romance, friendship, and enmity. Told from three points of view, TARNISHED EMPIRE is filled with twists you’ll never see coming but will keep you turning the pages all night.

TARNISHED EMPIRE is set in the world of Danielle L. Jensen’s DARK SHORES. But readers new to the world can begin here.
Old 02-11-2024, 03:55 PM   #3972
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Snowball's Christmas (Snowball #1) by Kristen McKanagh (B+/4 stars)
  • The Twelve Days of Snowball (Snowball #2) by Kristen McKanagh (A-/5 stars)
  • How Snowball Stole Christmas (Snowball #3) by Kristen McKanagh (C/2 stars)
  • Snowball Unwrapped (Snowball #4) by Kristen McKanagh (B-/3 stars)
  • Pursued by Peril (Tracking Trouble #4) by Lindsay Buroker (A/5 stars)
  • Rokhan (Sectors New Allies #18) by Veronica Scott (B+/4 stars)
Also up to Blaze of Memory in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread.

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	books 2-11.JPG
Views:	24
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	206315  
Old 02-16-2024, 03:19 PM   #3973
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Joffe's Free Friday books today (often, but not always, good through the weekend) include a romance: We Ride the Gale by Emilie Loring

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R55B7HK
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08R55B7HK

Spoiler:
Quote:
A classic romance by Emilie Loring: a tale of misunderstanding and dislike slowly transforming into love.

When the notorious playboy Guy Farr comes into her life, young Sonia Carson resists his advances, preferring to pursue her career. In retaliation, Guy marries Sonia’s sister, then abandons her.

When her sister dies, leaving a small son, the boy remains unacknowledged by his irresponsible father. Swallowing her pride, Sonia travels to the Farr family’s estate to demand the name that rightfully belongs to her nephew. There she meets Guy’s intense, volatile brother, Michael — and suddenly finds herself swept into a world of romance and intrigue that alters the course of her life.

And there are also a free mystery and a free military thriller this week, posted in the Mystery/Thriller thread...
Old 02-18-2024, 11:00 AM   #3974
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Cold Case Squad (Cavanaugh Justice #48) by Marie Ferrarella (C-/2 stars)
  • Fish Out of Water by Katie Ruggle (B-/3 stars)
Still on Blaze of Memory in my complete Psy/Changeling series reread as haven't started it yet.

Purchased:
none
Old 02-20-2024, 01:45 PM   #3975
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Shifting Dreams isn't free this time, but is on sale as part of the US Kindle Daily Deal today, for $2.99. I really really like the Cambio Springs series - it's a very nice mix of two of my favorite genres: urban (or desert, in this case) fantasy and mystery. It's also in KU if you have that.

@apesmom's link below is still good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Free again with new covers for the series

Shifting Dreams (Cambio Springs #1) by Elizabeth Hunter
Spoiler:
Welcome to the desert town of Cambio Springs where the water is cool, the summers sizzle, and all the residents wear fur, feathers, or snakeskin on full moon nights.

Single mom Jena Crowe is desperate for a day off. Work at her diner never ends, her two boys are bundles of energy, and she’s pretty sure her oldest is about to shift into something furry or feathery.

Added to that, changes are coming to the tiny desert town of shapeshifters. Changes not everyone will welcome.

Caleb Gilbert was looking for a fresh start, and the quiet town of Cambio Springs seemed like just the ticket for a more peaceful life. Now if he could just get the spitfire owner of the local diner to go on a date with him.

But when murder rocks their small community, Caleb and Jena will have to work together before the secret of their safe haven is exposed.

{edited other book}[/SPOILER]