Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-19-2023, 02:09 PM   #1
Leo137
Leo137 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Ultra Tab C
Unhappy Keyboard on magnetic etui does not type non-Latin on Ultra Tab C

Hello,
I tried different virtual keyboards including Microsoft, Gboard and Onyx with non-Latin input such as Ukrainian and Greek. It just types Latin characters.
I would appreciate any help.
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:04 PM   #2
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
I'm using OpenBoard on Leaf 2:
Ασδφγηξ
Фівапрол
That said, I don't expect gboard to have any problems. Just enable langages in gboard settings and it should be ok.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2023, 01:24 AM   #3
Leo137
Leo137 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Ultra Tab C
Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. Non-Latin characters work when I use virtual keyboards, but they don't work when I type on my physical non-virtual etui keyboard. Even if it's switched to Greek, it still types Latin characters.
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:27 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
You've selected override in settings and selected multiple languages?
i.e. US, Greek, Ukraine?
And you can use the hotkey (ctrl space or something?) to switch between them?

(I just use fixed .kl for hardware keyboards and only a single language that matches the keytops. I have two different BT.)
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 09:05 AM   #5
popej
Connoisseur
popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.popej has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: onyx boox leaf 2 black
Now I have connected Microsoft BT keyboard:
ασδφγηξ-
фівапро
I had to enable languages in Android setting, where I got access to Microsoft keyboard configuration. Then i could switch languages pressing Ctrl+space on phisical keyboard.
popej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert