Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 10-27-2022, 07:11 PM   #1
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Screensaver Images Wanted

I should like the screensaver images from my C67, T68, Poke 2 and Poke 3 as .PNG files (or .JPG or whatever).

I should be grateful for instructions on how to read them or export them from my machines.

Or, being lazy, I should be even more grateful if anyone who has such files would send them to me or give me URL(s) where I can download them from the Internet.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 08:54 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Do you mean the sea shells?

They're in /system/media

Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: zip poke3png.zip (1.49 MB, 166 views)
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 07:43 AM   #3
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Thank you very much

Those files are just what I'm after - thank you again. If you're ever in the New Forest in Southern England I owe you a beer - do call and collect it.

I can't find system/media - do I have to root the books to get there? Izzit it safe for a bear of very little brain like myself to attempt that?

I'm also after the cityscapes from the Poke2 and C67/T68 (can't remember which, and don't particularly want the typewriter/parchments/corks from the other one and the Poke Pro). If you (or anyone) has 'em I'd be grateful.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:35 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bryant View Post
If you're ever in the New Forest in Southern England I owe you a beer - do call and collect it.
Hmm, I've been to Bournemouth, but never the New Forest. It sounds quite foresty. I've been to many of the US National Forests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bryant View Post
I can't find system/media...
Most everything under /system can be viewed/copied without a problem and without risk.

You can try these commands:
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ find /system -name '*.png'
/system/media/shutdown-default.png
/system/media/standby-1.png
/system/media/standby-2.png
/system/media/standby-3.png
$ find /system -name '*.jpg'
$ ^D
C:\>adb pull /system/media/standby-1.png
Under the Poke3 the default system images can be replaced by putting images with the same name in a writeable directory, e.g. /data/local/assets/standby-1.png

Undoubtedly the other models store the images in different directories.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 01:20 AM   #5
swedenboy
swedenboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Hmm, I've been to Bournemouth, but never the New Forest. It sounds quite foresty. I've been to many of the US National Forests.

Most everything under /system can be viewed/copied without a problem and without risk.

You can try these commands:
Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ find /system -name '*.png'
/system/media/shutdown-default.png
/system/media/standby-1.png
/system/media/standby-2.png
/system/media/standby-3.png
$ find /system -name '*.jpg'
$ ^D
C:\>adb pull /system/media/standby-1.png
Under the Poke3 the default system images can be replaced by putting images with the same name in a writeable directory, e.g. /data/local/assets/standby-1.png

Undoubtedly the other models store the images in different directories.
Thank you so much, it worked great on Poke 5
swedenboy is offline   Reply With Quote