Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-02-2024, 10:37 AM   #2821
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
New Valancourt - GOOD UNTIL MARCH 15
Thanks again for the Valencourt finds!

Quote:
Stephen Laws's GHOST TRAIN (1985) 2.99
https://www.amazon.com/Ghost-Train-S...s%2C114&sr=8-1

This cover rocks
Yeah, it is a nice cover. I wonder why more Stephen Laws isn't available as ebook? I have a number of his paperbacks from the Leisure Horror days.

Quote:
Robin Maugham's THE LINK (1969), a gay thriller set in the Victorian era, 2.99

https://www.amazon.com/Link-Victoria...xt%2C99&sr=1-1

This cover reminds me of a movie poster with Kevin Spacey on it for some reason!! Looks so familiar
I totally get the Kevin Spacey vibe.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:45 AM   #2822
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The Influence by Ramsey Campbell is $1 Amazon, B&N and Kobo.

Quote:
Queenie is the ageing matriarch of the Faraday family, and even death can’t break her hold over her eleven-year-old granddaughter Rowan. She’s buried with a locket that contains a lock of Rowan’s hair, and soon afterwards Rowan is befriended by a mysterious uncannily intelligent girl of her own age. Only her aunt Hermione suspects how sinister this is, but will retrieving the locket save her niece? By the time anyone sees what effect the ghostly influence on Rowan is having, it may be too late for her. if the child who takes her place in the family isn’t Rowan, Rowan may be somewhere else not quite like our world…
Advert
Old 04-04-2024, 10:24 AM   #2823
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Cunning Folk by Adam L.G. Nevill is $2. Seems to be Amazon exclusive as far as the ebook goes.

Quote:
A compelling folk horror story of deadly rivalry and the oldest magic from the four times winner of The August Derleth Award for Best Horror Novel.

No home is heaven with hell next door.

Money's tight and their new home is a fixer-upper. Deep in rural South West England, with an ancient wood at the foot of the garden, Tom and his family are miles from anywhere and anyone familiar. His wife, Fiona, was never convinced that buying the money-pit at auction was a good idea. Not least because the previous owner committed suicide. Though no one can explain why.

Within days of crossing the threshold, when hostilities break out with the elderly couple next door, Tom's dreams of future contentment are threatened by an escalating tit-for-tat campaign of petty damage and disruption.

Increasingly isolated and tormented, Tom risks losing his home, everyone dear to him and his mind. Because, surely, only the mad would suspect that the oddballs across the hedgerow command unearthly powers. A malicious magic even older than the eerie wood and the strange barrow therein. A hallowed realm from where, he suspects, his neighbours draw a hideous power.
Old 04-04-2024, 11:29 AM   #2824
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Autumnal: The Complete Series by Daniel Kraus is $5 at Amazon, B&N and Kobo US. This is a graphic novel, hence the higher than usual price for a deal.

Quote:
WELCOME TO COMFORT NOTCH! HOME OF AMERICA'S PRETTIEST AUTUMN. YOU'LL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE.

Following the death of her estranged mother, Kat Somerville and her daughter, Sybil, flee a difficult life in Chicago for the quaint--and possibly pernicious--town of Comfort Notch, New Hampshire. From NY Times best-selling author, Daniel Kraus (The Shape of Water, Trollhunters, The Living Dead), and rising star Chris Shehan, comes a haunting vision of America's prettiest autumn. Collects the complete eight issue series.

“Superb, fall-toned art plays on a recurring theme of leaves. The gripping, violent plot and the sharply drawn mother-daughter dynamic at its core are a complex combo that will easily satisfy genre fans.” --PUBLISHERS WEEKLY
Old 04-04-2024, 05:36 PM   #2825
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thanks again for the Valencourt finds!

Yeah, it is a nice cover. I wonder why more Stephen Laws isn't available as ebook? I have a number of his paperbacks from the Leisure Horror days.

I totally get the Kevin Spacey vibe.
Yeah the cover reminds me of something somewhere, who knows!

I read a Stephen Laws Leisure I did not like years back, but haven't touched any of his books since. Grabbed this one so will give another try.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2024, 05:37 PM   #2826
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Influence by Ramsey Campbell is $1 Amazon, B&N and Kobo.
I actually have this one in an awesome paperback version I still have never read for many moons ago. I keep meaning to add this author to read a lot more of his back catalogue but you know how that goes - so many, so little time, so many mood changes
Old 04-04-2024, 05:39 PM   #2827
Paperbackstash
Wizard

Quote:
The Autumnal: The Complete Series by Daniel Kraus is $5 at Amazon, B&N and Kobo US. This is a graphic novel, hence the higher than usual price for a deal.
Hm, will take a chance. I did a sampling and one of the first pages someone is holding up Stephen King's Eye of the Dragon and I like the colors. That cover is odd!
Old 04-05-2024, 07:48 AM   #2828
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
That cover is odd!
That's exactly what it should be!
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:19 AM   #2829
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
I keep meaning to add this author to read a lot more of his back catalogue but you know how that goes - so many, so little time, so many mood changes
I agree. So far the only Ramsey Campbell I've read is Midnight Sun and some short stories. I really need to read more.
Old 04-06-2024, 11:45 AM   #2830
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Ragman by JG Faherty is $1 at Amazon, B&N and probably Kobo, which I can't get to load.

I read Faherty's Sins of the Father and didn't like it. But this book has a mummy!

Quote:
If you love a great horror tale with ancient mummies, a deluded priest and two oddball cops, then you're in for a treat...

In 1882, a group of British soldiers plunder an Egyptian temple and kill the high priest. The priest vows revenge, and is finally revived in the present day. He finds the great-grandson of the man who killed him, but they form an uneasy partnership to get back all the stolen artifacts and send all the descendants of the other soldiers to the Underworld. Two police officers, former partners who had a falling out, must put aside their differences as they go from trying to solve gruesome, unexplained murders to risking their lives to stop the supernatural mummy the priest has called forth.
Old 04-11-2024, 04:22 AM   #2831
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Reformatory by Tananarive Due is £2 in the UK (Kobo, Amazon)
Quote:
A gloriously creepy Deep South horror story based on the infamous Dozier School for boys.

Jim Crow Florida, 1950.

Twelve-year-old Robert Stephens Jr., who for a trivial scuffle with a white boy is sent to The Gracetown School for Boys. But the segregated reformatory is a chamber of horrors, haunted by the boys that have died there.

In order to survive the school governor and his Funhouse, Robert must enlist the help of the school's ghosts – only they have their own motivations...
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:53 AM   #2832
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty-horse View Post
The Reformatory by Tananarive Due is £2 in the UK (Kobo, Amazon)
Thanks. I need to read her stuff. I have My Soul to Keep from her. I thought I had more, but that's it so far.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:13 PM   #2833
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Children of the Dark 2: The Night Flyers by Jonathan Janz is available to pre-order for $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Last summer, sixteen-year-old Will Burgess lost many of the people he loved most. Now he’s imprisoned in the Sunny Woods Rehabilitation Center, a facility for troubled youths. Separated from his surviving loved ones and terrified of a change inside him, Will is tormented by a new group of bullies and a sadistic government doctor. When his only ally, an orderly named Pierre, tells him there have been sightings of winged creatures with glowing red eyes, Will believes him.

Because Will has seen the Night Flyers too.

Even worse, he learns the monstrous Children are still lurking underground. They want revenge on Will and will stop at nothing to destroy everyone he cares about. Will and his friends, new and old, must band together to fight the forces of darkness—both human and supernatural. But as Will learned last summer, evil is relentless. And it won’t rest until its hunger is sated.
Publication date: April 26, 2024.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 08:24 PM   #2834
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRead View Post
Children of the Dark 2: The Night Flyers by Jonathan Janz is available to pre-order for $0.99 at Amazon US.

Publication date: April 26, 2024.
I preordered it even though I read the first book and don't remember a damn thing about it. TBH: I'd think I hadn't read it, but Goodreads says I did.
Old 04-16-2024, 06:46 AM   #2835
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
I preordered it even though I read the first book and don't remember a damn thing about it. TBH: I'd think I hadn't read it, but Goodreads says I did.
You remember that first book was revised (and recently offered for sale), but in what way the book was revised I have no idea.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote