Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-19-2023, 11:12 AM   #1
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
'no savepoint' error

Hi

I tried deleting a few items from my database but got the 'no savepoint' error as others have done.

I followed advice in those older posts I found to use Library Maintenance but there is no change to this error message when I try to delete.

Then I ran 'check database' action (with 'compact database' checked). That generated the string of errors below!

Note: I have I have two databases; both have been moved manually a few times during computer upgrade; both were created in W10 now using W11 (though that is unlikely the cause). One passes the Lib Maintenance test, the other doesn't. It's an issue because I would like to delete a number of items but can't.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Error messages follow (don't like the look of the last one!):
-----------------------------------------------------
calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Failed: Database integrity check failed, click "Show details" for details.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\check_library.py", line 85, in vacuum
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 85, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2642, in vacuum
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1314, in vacuum
File "calibre\db\fts\connect.py", line 83, in vacuum
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 400, in execute
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 11:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Backup your library folder, then use the restore database function under library maintenance. That will rebuild the database from distributed backups and hopefully fix the corruption.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2023, 07:25 AM   #3
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Thanks but did not work

HI
Thanks for the advice. Tried that but no change - books that cannot be deleted still generate 'no savepoint' error ... I'll try again ...
Old 09-20-2023, 09:13 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Is your library on a network drive or in a dropbox/onedrive/??? folder?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 03:15 PM   #5
Savate
Enthusiast

Yes but not used - only for brief storage

Yes -but not used. Put there while I rebuilt my PC ... did not use Calibre
Advert
Old 09-21-2023, 10:55 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Where is your calibre library located? On what type of drive with what filesystem? Try rebooting in safe mode and see if you can delete the books.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:47 PM   #7
KSlauson
KSlauson began at the beginning.

Device: none
I get the same error. I've been trying various suggestions, including exporting the library and reimporting it to a different local drive. My library passes all the check library tests. I can add and edit books, but I cannot delete some books. There's a serious bug in Calibre somewhere. Here's the error message:
Spoiler:

calibre, version 7.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>SQLError</b>:SQLError: no such savepoint: _apsw-0

calibre 7.8 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Baen (1, 1, 0) && Barnes & Noble (1, 5, 4) && Clipboard Search (1, 5, 1) && Comments Cleaner (1, 13, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 6) && DOC Input (1, 0, 1) && Ebook Translator (2, 3, 3) && Editor Chains (1, 1, 6) && EpubMerge (2, 18, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 7, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 2) && FanFicFare (4, 33, 0) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 7, 0) && Fantastic Fiction Adults (1, 3, 1) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && FictionDB (1, 4, 2) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 9) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 4) && Goodreads (1, 8, 1) && ISFDB3 (1, 2, 2) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 10, 0) && From KFX (2, 10, 0) && KFX Input (2, 10, 0) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 1) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Kobo Metadata (1, 5, 0) && Manage Series (1, 5, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && NASA STI Repository (1, 0, 2) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9) && Overdrive Link (2, 57, 0) && Quality Check (1, 13, 10) && Quick Preferences (1, 7, 1) && Resize Cover (1, 2, 1) && Search The Internet (1, 11, 2) && Smashwords Metadata (1, 0, 2) && TTS to MP3 (0, 6, 0) && TextDiff (1, 2, 4) && Walk Search History (1, 5, 4) && Wikidata (2, 0, 0) && ePub Extended Metadata {Writer} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata {Reader} (0, 11, 2) && ePub Extended Metadata (0, 11, 2) && Overdrive Link Metadata Source (2, 57, 0)
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1159, in executemany
File "C:\t\t\apsw-42s16m2x\src\cursor.c", line 240, in resetcursor
apsw.ConstraintError: ConstraintError: constraint failed

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 459, in delete_books
File "calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 436, in do_library_delete
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 459, in delete_books_by_id
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 86, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 2220, in remove_books
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 2292, in remove_books