Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-22-2024, 11:09 PM   #136
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The index does not have to be (stay) sequential.
Compacting the DB just gets rid of the deadwood (records marked inactive).
You gain nothing by re-sequencing
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:07 AM   #137
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Are saved searches case-sensitive?
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM   #138
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Are saved searches case-sensitive?
Not sure what you are asking. The search in the saved search respects the current search options, whatever they are. The name of the search is IIRC case sensitive, but I don't know why that would matter.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:49 AM   #139
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, the name of the search. I was fixing some inconsistent capitalization and wanted to know if I ought to double-check that it didn't mess up anything that might reference it (VLs).
Old 05-04-2024, 03:22 PM   #140
Xadro
Xadro began at the beginning.

Device: Kavita
Greetings,

I'm trying to do something seemingly simple but can't get it to work.

The result i want is when i try to save my ebooks to disk is:

{series}/{title} - {authors}

But half my books are not part of a series so in those cases I want to pick {authors}

I thought it should look kinda like this:

{series||authors}/{title} - {authors}

But that doesn't work.

Anyone able to help? Or point me in the right direction at least.
Xadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2024, 09:03 PM   #141
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The template I use for save to disk is:

Code:
{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{series:|[|} {series_index:0>2s||] - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
Basically, create a subdirectory based on the first author in the author_sort list then add the series/series index if it exists in [ ] - , then title - first entry in the author list.

Say I saved David Eddings' Losers to disk, I would see the following:

Code:
Eddings, David/Losers - David Eddings.epub
Whereas if I saved J. D. Robb's Desperation in Death (In Death #56] to disk, I would see:

Code:
Robb, J. D_/[In Death 56] - Desperation in Death - J. D. Robb.epub
The reason for not including the entire author list is that I have quite a few anthologies where the filename alone never mind the filepath/filename exceed the 240 character maximum path length calibre used.

For instance the The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One 1929-1964 edited by Robert Silverberg would require a total of 1464 characters if I tried to use the entire author/author sort list:

Silverberg, Robert & Weinbaum, Stanley G. & Campbell, John W. & Rey, Lester Del & Heinlein, Robert A. & Sturgeon, Theodore & Asimov, Isaac & Vogt, A. E. Van & Padgett, Lewis & Simak, Clifford D. & Brown, Fredric & Leinster, Murray & Merril, Judith & Smith, Cordwainer & Bradbury, Ray & Kornbluth, C. M. & Matheson, Richard & Leiber, Fritz & Boucher, Anthony & Blish, James & Clarke, Arthur C. & Bixby, Jerome & Godwin, Tom & Bester, Alfred & Knight, Damon & Keyes, Daniel & Zelazny, Roger/[SF Hall of Fame 01] - The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume One 1929-1964 - Robert Silverberg (ed) & Stanley G. Weinbaum & John W. Campbell & Lester Del Rey & Robert A. Heinlein & Theodore Sturgeon & Isaac Asimov & A. E. Van Vogt & Lewis Padgett & Clifford D. Simak & Fredric Brown & Murray Leinster & Judith Merril & Cordwainer Smith & Ray Bradbury & C. M. Kornbluth & Richard Matheson & Fritz Leiber & Anthony Boucher & James Blish & Arthur C. Clarke & Jerome Bixby & Tom Godwin & Alfred Bester & Damon Knight & Daniel Keyes & Roger Zelazny

Last edited by DNSB; 05-04-2024 at 09:06 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:32 AM   #142
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xadro View Post
Greetings,

I'm trying to do something seemingly simple but can't get it to work.

The result i want is when i try to save my ebooks to disk is:

{series}/{title} - {authors}

But half my books are not part of a series so in those cases I want to pick {authors}

I thought it should look kinda like this:

{series||authors}/{title} - {authors}

But that doesn't work.

Anyone able to help? Or point me in the right direction at least.
Code:
{series:ifempty({authors})}/{title} - {authors}
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 11:51 AM   #143
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Code:
{series:ifempty({authors})}/{title} - {authors}
Subtemplates don't work reliably in single function mode (SFM) because they are interpolated before the arguments are parsed, meaning the content will be parsed as arguments.

Better would be this in template program mode (TPM):
Code:
{series:'ifempty($, $authors)'}/{title} - {authors}
I suggest that the template should use only the first author to avoid path length problems. This one does that using both TPM and SFM
Code:
{series:'ifempty($, list_item($authors, 0, '&'))'}/{title} - {authors:list_item(0,&)}

Last edited by chaley; 05-05-2024 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Added links to the manual
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 02:36 PM   #144
Xadro

Thank you all for the quick and thorough replies, in the end i also got something to work:

Code:
{series:first_non_empty({series},{author:sublist(0,1,&)})}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
Haven't tried it yet with my entire library but with a few tests it does exactly what i wanted.
Old 05-05-2024, 03:17 PM   #145
Xadro

Since i was on a roll i further changed how i wanted it to look and now i got this

Quote:
{series:'ifempty("{series:|[|]}", list_item($author, 0, '&'))'}/{series:|| [{series_index:0>2.1f}] - }{title} - {authors:sublist(0,2, & )}
Just to prettify things up.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:34 PM   #146
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

What does the menu option "Book list header menu" supposed to do? I tried it but saw no effect.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:02 PM   #147
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
What does the menu option "Book list header menu" supposed to do? I tried it but saw no effect.
you mean the menu that opens when one right clicks the book list column headers?
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:06 PM   #148
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I'm not sure. I noticed it in the Toolbars & Menus options.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:35 PM   #149
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can split the book list apart Vertically.
Every thang to the right, movest to the left.
Right click a column header where you want it to split: slect split

Don't worry, the next time you right click an a header, there is NOW and undo split
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2024, 08:46 PM   #150
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
oh, I see. I had never tried this, but I just noticed that, when placed on the main toolbar, that menu opens at the Title column position, regardless of its position on the toolbar, it seems.

So maybe you're not seeing where it's opening, for some reason

edit: the menu opens at the selected "cell", which happened to be on the Title column in this case!

Last edited by Comfy.n; 05-05-2024 at 09:00 PM.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote