Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-21-2024, 05:09 PM   #1
Pocok
Pocok began at the beginning.

Device: none
Customizing Import and Save to Disk of Calibre

Hey there,

I'm using only Calibre if I want to modify something with ebooks and normally store them elsewhere. That's why I need to somehow tinker with some settings in order to change its behavior in two ways and for that I would like to ask the community's help:

1) Put EVERY newly imported (and later saved) book into a single folder.

I want Calibre to use universally a folder named "books" as its base of operations. No Author/Title, no Unknown, nothing, just a single huge folder.

2) I tried to work with Regexp, managed to remove the author from the file name, but now it uses a (built in) "- Unknown" following the actual book(title) name.

I want Calibre to not use that Unknown either, but rather just the file name as I imported the book.

Are these possible and if so what settings should I change? I've looked around the Preferences and couldn't find the specific options for my taste.

Thank you in advance!

Edit: I found the related FAQ part for this, so its not possible

Last edited by Pocok; 04-21-2024 at 05:37 PM.
Pocok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:50 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You can invoke the calibre editor on its own.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:55 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You can invoke the calibre editor on its own.
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔

See ebook-edit ==>> Command Line Interface
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote