Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-17-2024, 06:54 AM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Boxx and Adobe DRM

when I wanted to read an ebook with Adobe DRM protection on my old Boox Max, I could authorize the Max with Adobe Digital Editions on a Mac or PC and copy the file.

The new Boox Page however doesn't show up in Adobe Digitl Editions (ADE) on the PC or Mac and therefore can not be authorized.

To read the DRM protected file on the Boox Page I had to install the ADE android app on the Page and read the within the app. This app however is a nuisance.
Is there a way on the Page (or other newer Boox) to rad a Adobe DRM proteced file with a normal/standard reader?
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:33 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
There's kind of two questions here:
1) Whether your device can be recognized by the ADE desktop application
2) Whether your reader can decrypt ADE EPUBs

1) Means a UMS device that has .adobe-digital-edition and "Digital Editions" directories.
I don't believe that ADE supports MTP.
I guess that people download directly to their devices and don't use the ADE desktop app with devices that don't support UMS?
I'd like to hear from anyone that uses ADE desktop with newer Boox.

I use a non-standard method on my Poke3, Poke5 (and formerly B&N devices).
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2024, 11:23 AM   #3
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
via calibre I could make it accessiible for the Page
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 12:59 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
via calibre I could make it accessiible for the Page
Calibre supports MTP (I think, I don't use it).
You can use a USB flash drive as a "shadow" ereader.
Just put in a script to sync stuff.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote