Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 12:48 PM   #1
ripe4cipher
ripe4cipher began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Air 3C
Note Air 2 factory reset help.

Hello everyone.. I recently got a Note Air 2 from a thrift store but unfortunately it is pin code locked. I tried factory resetting it couple of ways to no avail. If anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it. I tried the below two methods.

Method 1 - Pressed power button for 10s and then pressed the power button again 5 times and get the below screen with 'No Command' and not the menu with option to factory reset.

https://i.imgur.com/g3lPaDV.jpg

Method 2 - After the above did not work, I tried with adb and fastboot. I don't think USB debugging is enabled, but still thought will try this way. When I try to list devices using 'adb devices' command, I get like below 'unauthorized'.

https://i.imgur.com/PRn67Wt.jpg

Can anyone help me with this?
ripe4cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 07:35 PM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe4cipher View Post
Can anyone help me with this?
Probably. This is an SDM662 and we have the Firehose loader for it.
If you can't get to bootloader (real fastboot) or recovery then EDL is what you want.

Can you get to bootloader (fastboot)? This would be the easiest.
You could try:
Code:
fastboot -w
Sorry, I don't remember if an EDL cable works on this model.
Does anybody know one way or another?
In worst case you can open the back.

I hate to be partisan, but if you have a Windows machine things could be easier.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2024, 01:59 PM   #3
ripe4cipher
ripe4cipher began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Air 3C
Thank you for the reply.

Running 'fastboot -w' returns the message <waiting for any device> and cursor waits.

I do have a Windows machine if that helps. I am reading up on Firehose loader and the EDL.exe you have created.
ripe4cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 02:10 PM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripe4cipher View Post
Thank you for the reply.
Running 'fastboot -w' returns the message <waiting for any device> and cursor waits.
You might not be in fastboot.
Can you find your NA2 using:
Code:
$ lsusb -v
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote