Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-24-2024, 04:02 PM   #1
jlacasci
jlacasci began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Broox Tab Ultra C Pro
Voice to Text stops how to fix this

Hi. I'm a new E-ink user and have a Boox Tab Ultra C Pro. I tried using Notes in text mode (not handwriting) and then used the voice-to-text feature during a meeting. I was using the Onyx Keyboard but I don't think this matters. The voice-to-text capture kept stopping after a minute or so, and I had to continuously tap the microphone icon to start recording again. This happened during the entire 30-minute meeting.

I downloaded Gboard and updated Google Voice and the Gboard was worse. I then tried using Google Voice Texting, and still no luck.

Is there a method, or fix, to have the voice-to-text continuously work without stopping?

I also noticed there is no "Boox" App Store, just the Google Store on this device. I was trying to download the Gboard from the Boox store but again, had to use Google Store.

Best,
Joe
jlacasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 05:32 PM   #2
dcarvil
Enthusiast
dcarvil began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note Air 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlacasci View Post
I also noticed there is no "Boox" App Store, just the Google Store on this device. I was trying to download the Gboard from the Boox store but again, had to use Google Store.
The Boox App Store has been discontinued. You can still get to it by going to the Apps page and searching for "app store". However, the apps in the store are out of date. Boox decided "app optimization" was easier than maintaining their own version of apps.

Sorry, can't help with your voice-to-text issue. I've never used it.
dcarvil is offline   Reply With Quote