Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-16-2024, 02:49 PM   #1
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
Page not connecting to MacBook via USB

I tried to connect the Boox Page via USB to a MacBook, but it can not be seen on the Mac.
Neither as a storage nor by Adobe DRM software.
I tried USB-settings on the Page as "File Transfer" or "PTP".

The USB cable seems to be fine, as I can connect the PAge with it to a Linux computer.

What can I do to establish the connection?

Last edited by lepau; 01-16-2024 at 03:12 PM.
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 01:07 AM   #2
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
I tried to connect the Boox Page via USB to a MacBook, but it can not be seen on the Mac.
Neither as a storage nor by Adobe DRM software.
I tried USB-settings on the Page as "File Transfer" or "PTP".

The USB cable seems to be fine, as I can connect the PAge with it to a Linux computer.

What can I do to establish the connection?
Not sure but replacing your USB cable may help. For my Onyx Nova Type-C to Type-C direct connection won't work. I need to use a Type-C USB Hub, and the connect Nova to the Hub via USB Type-C cable.

Not really sure what your problem is but it is just experience sharing.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 06:47 AM   #3
lepau
Connoisseur
lepau doesn't litterlepau doesn't litter

Device: M92
using a hub didn't help.
on a Windows computer the connection worked.

but my main problem is Adobe DRM - I will open another thread for that.
lepau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:16 PM   #4
winstonma
Zealot
winstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windowswinstonma format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Onyx Boox Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepau View Post
using a hub didn't help.
on a Windows computer the connection worked.

but my main problem is Adobe DRM - I will open another thread for that.
Thanks for the info and sorry I can't help

But it is weird as the e-reader should be a generic USB mass storage device, Mac should be able to detect.
winstonma is offline   Reply With Quote