Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-11-2022, 04:59 PM   #121
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
$10 or $30 Credit for First Time App Users -- exp 31 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT

Both of these offers are Amazon's infamous YMMV ones that are only available to certain users and not others. Technically you should have received an email if you're eligible, but even if you didn't it's worth checking the links to see if you qualify. Sometimes people do, even though they didn't receive an email.

Secondly, while this is supposed to be for new app users only, some people have reported being eligible for the offer even though they've used the app before. So again, it's worth checking the links to see if you qualify.
Quote:
Sorry, but you are not eligible for this offer

Sorry, but you are not eligible for this offer
Ya know, it's bad enough to get rejected once, but when you get rejected twice, it's a cruel blow; even for a monkey
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:10 AM   #122
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Unlimited -- limited time

Kindle Unlimited Subscrip -- $4.99 for 4 months -- YMMV
Quote:
Kindle Unlimited is a service that allows you to read as much as you want, choosing from over 2 million titles, thousands of audiobooks, and up to three select magazine subscriptions. Explore new authors, books, and genres from mysteries and romance to sci-fi and more. You can read on any device. It's available for $9.99 a month and you can cancel anytime. Try it free for 30 days.
Terms and Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    • Limited Time offer. Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
    • Does not apply to prior purchases. Offer is non-transferable, may not be resold, and may not be combined with other offers.
    • Use of Kindle Unlimited is subject to the Kindle Unlimited Terms of Use.
    • After the free trial or purchased trial period, you authorize us to charge your primary payment method or another payment method on file $9.99 USD/month + any applicable taxes until you cancel. Cancel anytime by visiting www.amazon.com/kucentral
    • If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KU4.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	194933  
Advert
Old 07-12-2022, 03:27 AM   #123
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Kindle eReaders -- exp 13 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT

Sale prices for the Kindles are now active. Most of them are being sold at record low prices, while others match previous low prices. See the link below for details:

Kindle eReaders
Old 07-12-2022, 08:26 AM   #124
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
2 weeks ago I bought a cordless phone that was $25 off; today it's a Prime day deal at $50 off. From what I've heard, Amazon has gone pretty hard core with its no-price-protection policy.so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle of returning and re-buying.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 09:23 AM   #125
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Prime Gaming -- exp 13 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT

Amz Prime Gaming -- get MOAR AAA titles free
Quote:
Plus set a reminder to grab MOAR AAA titles (like @MassEffect) on Prime Day!
Advert
Old 07-12-2022, 09:39 AM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Kids+ -- exp 13 Jul @ 11:59 pm PT

Amazon Kids+ Subscrip -- $19.99 for 1 year -- YMMV
Quote:
Unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, games and premium kid’s skills.

Amazon Kids+ is an all-in-one subscription that gives kids access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games on compatible Fire, Fire TV, Android, iOS and Kindle devices. Plus, kids can enjoy hundreds of hours of fun with ad-free radio stations and playlists, and a growing list of premium kid’s skills available on compatible Echo devices.
Terms & Conditions
  • Spoiler:
    Quote:
    Get 1-year of Amazon Kids+ for $19.99

• This is a limited time offer valid until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on July 13, 2022.

• Offer is for the purchase of an Annual Plan for $19.99 for Prime members and $49.99 for non-Prime. (*Regularly $48 for Prime members and $79 Non-Prime) of Amazon Kids+.

• Offer is available for new subscribers to Amazon Kids+ or customers with an active subscription to the Monthly Plan. Existing customers with prepaid subscriptions are not eligible.

• After 1-year, the subscription auto-renews annually at the applicable rate until you cancel. See price details here. You may cancel your subscription at any time by contacting Customer Service, managing your subscription through Your Memberships and Subscriptions or visiting Parent Dashboard.

• Offer is limited to one per customer and account.

• This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.

• Offer does not apply to physical goods.

• Amazon Kids+ subscribers who purchased an Annual plan until 11:59 p.m. (PT) on December 31, 2022 (the “Offer Deadline”) or have been existing Amazon Kids+ customers for more than 12 months are eligible to get 1-year of the standard Greenlight Plan included in their 1-year Amazon Kids+ subscription. Learn more Former or existing Greenlight account holders are not eligible to receive the Greenlight offer. Eligible Amazon Kid+ customers, will receive an email with a promotional link to redeem a 1-year subscription of the standard Greenlight Plan (currently valued at $54.89/year) through the Greenlight website. Return to the Amazon Kids+ homepage to buy an Annual Amazon Kids+ subscription and become eligible for the Greenlight offer

• Use of Amazon Kids+ is subject to the Amazon Kids+ Terms and Conditions and Amazon.com Conditions of Use

• Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon.com Services LLC.

• If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.

• Unless an Amazon Gift Card is the stated benefit of the promotion, promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.

• Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.

• Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AKPD2.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	194943  
Old 07-12-2022, 09:59 AM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

These Offers Are Now Live
NOTE: visit the front page for a fairly complete listing of all offers

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-12-2022 at 09:57 PM.
Old 07-12-2022, 10:57 AM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I need a new laptop:
  • OpSys -- Chrome or Windows (don't really care)
  • Size -- 11.5" display (no larger, no smaller)
  • RAM -- 4~8GB
  • Storage -- 128GB SSD
I went this Chromebook from Best Buy because of the price. It was $21 cheaper than Amazon.

$79.00 -- Lenovo Chromebook 3 -- 11.6" HD Laptop, Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage

$99.99 -- Lenovo IdeaPad 3 -- 11.6" HD Chromebook, Celeron N4020, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage
Old 07-12-2022, 11:19 AM   #129
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
2 weeks ago I bought a cordless phone that was $25 off; today it's a Prime day deal at $50 off. From what I've heard, Amazon has gone pretty hard core with its no-price-protection policy.so I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle of returning and re-buying.
Call them up and whine. Some months back, I made a purchase that a few days later dropped by about $30, and they told me I needed to return and repurchase. I whined about how ridiculous it was and would cost them more money and me more time, and they offered me $25 back (I think the rep said it was the max they could do as a courtesy), which I accepted happily.

It's worth a try, and if they don't go for it, you're no worse off.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:59 AM   #130
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
I'm debating whether it's worth the hassle of returning and re-buying.
Around here, we can return any Amazon Prime "free returns" purchases at nearby Kohl's department stores, with no box or packing required. And when we do, we almost always get some kind of a decent coupon to use at Kohl's. So we have started HOPING we need to return things....

Last edited by ApK; 07-12-2022 at 12:01 PM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #131
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Around here, we can return any Amazon Prime "free returns" purchases at nearby Kohl's department stores, with no box or packing required. And when we do, we almost always get some kind of a decent coupon to use at Kohl's. So we have started HOPING we need to return things....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Call them up and whine. Some months back, I made a purchase that a few days later dropped by about $30, and they told me I needed to return and repurchase. I whined about how ridiculous it was and would cost them more money and me more time, and they offered me $25 back (I think the rep said it was the max they could do as a courtesy), which I accepted happily.

It's worth a try, and if they don't go for it, you're no worse off.
Thanks for suggestions - I had to get some blood work and the lab is adjacent to the UPS store so I figured with likely heavy call traffic today it was easier to just return it. I hadn't unboxed yet in anticipation of a better sale so no repacking needed. UPS is also no box, no label now and 5-minute drop off zone - Kohls is a bit farther and a fairlyl ong walk from parking to the back of the store...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:38 PM   #132
Bookstooge
Guru
Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookstooge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 1st Gen
Just got the Resident Evil movie collection. Having it digitally means I'm not cluttering up my very limited space. Will have to browse some other movies/tv shows tomorrow...
Bookstooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 06:57 PM   #133
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
The Echo 4th Gen is $60 - is this the lowest it’s ever been?
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 07:05 PM   #134
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I got the one thing I wanted and needed, a new, hopefully quality, fitness tracker. $130 off, which, with my $20 prime day credit, was actually a $150 off sale for me. But I'm done. Not even gonna look at what else might be on sale, as I don't want to foster any sudden "needs." Hubby approves, LOL!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:11 PM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
The Echo 4th Gen is $60 - is this the lowest it’s ever been?
Yes. It was also this price last Black Friday.

It'll be 2-yo in October, so it's due for an upgrade:

Echo 1 (2015), Echo 2 (2017), Echo 3 (2019), Echo 4 (2020).