Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-30-2016, 04:58 AM   #121
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 7 Tablet, iPad mini 4, iPhone XS
Sorry, same error. But with some additional information.
  • CALM still eats the first three libraries. I' ve written them in manually.
  • CALM still produces three bogus libraries at the end with "Load All Libraries" *and* the first three libraries (alphabetically) do not appear. (as before)
  • There is now an additional issue: Clicking "Get All Source Libraries/Custom Column Combinations" an error message appears.
This error message appears as many times as libraries are left: E.g. when saving 8 libraries - 3 eaten = 5 libraries than the error messages appear 5 times after pressing 'OK' then CALM displays the text which appears after pressing "List Current Source Library".

I always deleted folder, quit, deleted the .json file, restarted.

Another tiny issue: If a user (me ) presses "Delete the Entire CALM Library Directory" *before* one was created, then no message window explaining the wrong actions appears but an error message about an unhandled exception.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'CALMTargetTab' object has no attribute 'target_db_full_path'

calibre 2.63 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Darwin-14.5.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '14.5.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Thu Jun 16 19:58:21 PDT 2016; root:xnu-2782.50.4~1/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 2.7.11
OSX: ('10.10.5', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 4, 3) && Quick Preferences (1, 4, 1) && Quality Check (1, 9, 11) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 12) && Search The Internet (1, 7, 6) && Goodreads Sync (1, 9, 1) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 4) && BOL_DE (0, 7, 2) && Zotero Metadata Importer (1, 0, 33) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Clipboard Search (1, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && Amazon.com secondary source (1, 0, 0) && Kindle Collections (1, 7, 17) && Amazon.com terciary source (1, 0, 0) && Library Codes (1, 0, 27) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Read MP3 AudioBook metadata (1, 0, 79) && Goodreads (1, 1, 11) && Job Spy (1, 0, 53) && Annotations (1, 4, 7) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 23)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.consolidate_all_library_metadata. calm_dialog", line 4568, in delete_entire_calm_directory
AttributeError: 'CALMTargetTab' object has no attribute 'target_db_full_path'

Last edited by petzi; 07-30-2016 at 05:01 AM. Reason: different typos
petzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:20 AM   #122
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Reading your words "first three libraries (alphabetically)" made me realize it is a sort error. Your paths begin with a / but mine begin with a drive letter. / sorts before 0, 1 ,2 which sort before a, b, c etc. That is where the 0, 1, 2 came from, and why 3 are being eaten.

I will fix it all soon.
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2016, 09:14 AM   #123
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.0.24 -Bug fix in library path sorting for OSX and Linux.

Version 2.0.24 -2016-07-30 Bug fix in library path sorting for OSX and Linux.

DaltonST
Old 07-30-2016, 01:45 PM   #124
petzi
Connoisseur
petzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavenspetzi is a rising star in the heavens

Thumbs up

Hurrah!
CALM does not eat the alphabetically first three libraries any more! But only when putting in manually. Via "Load All Libraries" still I get the three bogus libraries 00,01,02 and the alphabetically first three real libraries do not appear.

I also get still the other error I reported in my last post as well: Whenever clicking "Get All Source Library…" on the third tab CALM throws the following error message:

calibre, version 2.63.0
ERROR: CALM Target Database Connection Attachment Path Error: CantOpenError: unable to open database: /users/peterb/documents/meine/ calibre-books/duk/metadata.db

More detail about this error I have reported in my last post.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #125
DaltonST
Deviser

The second error is a result of the first issue. I will post an update shortly. Thanks.
Advert
Old 07-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #126
DaltonST
Deviser

Posted. New versions appear in Calibre upon restart after :32 past the hour. If needed sooner, they can also be manually downloaded from the Original Post and imported into Calibre via Preferences > Plugins > Import from file.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:59 PM   #127
petzi
Connoisseur

Yes it worked.

No eating of libraries and no bogus libraries – even after loading the libraries automatically. I received the first time the second picture in your post #78.

One issue I noticed: I could not select or deselect individual custom columns. There were (empty) check marks on the left side, but they did not react whenever I put my cursor onto it and clicked the mouse. I could via the special buttons select or deselect all of them, but I coudln't select individually. When selected all it showed me the status "1" but there were no mark checked and I could not check or deselect them. When I selected several whole *lines* then CALM asked me the correct question, if I would select or deselect these columns, but after an 'OK' there was no change at all.

Anyway: With all customs columns selected, I managed to consolidate my two libraries I am interested in. I am now learning what to do and will inspect the other buttons as now the other two tabs 'metadata tools' and 'library tools' are open for further inspection.

I will come back when I have more questions but also if everything worked fine. But this will not be before Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday, as other work piled up and I have some deadlines to meet.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:00 AM   #128
DaltonST
Deviser

@petzi:

See the attached images about the dialog you mentioned.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calm_selective_activation_example.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	531.6 KB
ID:	150604   Click image for larger version

Name:	calm_source_custom_columns_tab_listing.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	441.3 KB
ID:	150605  
Old 08-01-2016, 03:49 PM   #129
petzi
Connoisseur

Oh thank you. These screenshots were helpful. Especially the left one with the comment "Ignore the checkboxes". I always tried to change the status of the activation of columns with these checkboxes.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #130
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.0.26 CALM Aware of Calibre 2.64 CC Comments Changes

Version 2.0.26 -2016-08-12 Calibre Release 2.64 implemented new attributes for Custom Column datatype of comments. CALM was changed to be aware of the new attributes during Generation.

DaltonST
Old 08-19-2016, 08:04 AM   #131
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Hi.

It might be me who has misunderstood something, but I thought it I would be able to edit metadata in this plugin? That I could use E to edit metadata like I do in the normal libraries.

Also, could someone provide a step-by-step guide to create the CALM library, one that doesn't need a window in the plugin to be open.

Thanks
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:22 AM   #132
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
Hi.

It might be me who has misunderstood something, but I thought it I would be able to edit metadata in this plugin? That I could use E to edit metadata like I do in the normal libraries.

Also, could someone provide a step-by-step guide to create the CALM library, one that doesn't need a window in the plugin to be open.

Thanks

@Tanjamuse:

[1] You can Edit Metadata in a CALM Target Library. I use E. It is "bookless", so you cannot view the formats themselves in it.

[2] It is impossible to create a CALM Target Library without the CALM plug-in window open. The instructions are embedded in the appropriate Tabs, plus all Tabs have ToolTips that provide instructions.

DaltonST
Old 08-19-2016, 09:26 AM   #133
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I just meant that it might be easier to follow a guide as a pdf or something else, so that I don't have to switch between all the windows in the plugin, which is a confusing at least for me.

I tried before with E and all I got was errors. I'll try again in a moment and if I still get errors, I'll post them here for you to see.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:44 AM   #134
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I tried again, but got an error (again).

Code:
calibre, version 2.64.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'enum_values'

calibre 2.64 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: FanFicFare (2, 3, 5) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && EpubMerge (2, 0, 12) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 68) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Consolidate All Library Metadata (2, 0, 26) && Count Pages (1, 6, 9) && View Manager (1, 3, 2) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && Job Spy (1, 0, 53) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 300, in edit_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 323, in edit_metadata_for
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 351, in do_edit_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 1127, in edit_metadata
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 63, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 111, in setupUi
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\single.py", line 297, in create_custom_metadata_widgets
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 626, in populate_metadata_page
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 577, in widget_factory
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 31, in __init__
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\custom_column_widgets.py", line 509, in setup_ui
KeyError: 'enum_values'
If you need it I'll send you the metadata.db?
Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 AM   #135
DaltonST
Deviser

No. That is a Custom Column with a datatype of 'enumeration'. When the CALM Target Library was Generated, its Target Custom Column for that Source Custom Column did not receive the proper specification of "valid values". I will fix that in CALM.

In the meantime, simply go into Preferences > Add your own columns and add the "valid values" for your enumeration Custom Columns.

Or, you can delete that Custom Column in CALM.

Or, you can regenerate the CALM Target Library but first having deactivated that enumeration Custom Column.

Depends on which is easier/preferable in your personal opinion.

Regardless, I will fix that in CALM.

DaltonST

Tags
calibredb, consolidate, genre, tags