Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 03-21-2008, 07:50 PM   #121
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Snow tunnels are not a good thing and kids are taught so, a little girl died suffocated last fall.
Believe it or not, thick snow cuts down on the cold and is healthy for vegetation. When it piles up too high you can walk out the second story windows. Just make sure you keep a shovel indoors so you can find the front door to the place where the snowblower is stored :
Remember that this snow fell throughout the whole of winter. We've had all that time to fight it a little bit each snowfall. Around Montréal we've only had 12 feet and two thirds of it thawed when temperatures rose.
Oh, lest we forget... dedicated winter tires are mandatory.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 08:00 PM   #122
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
walking out of the second story windows !!! now i see... it sounds kind of crazy ! but it's true, i forgot you didn't get 500 cm all in one night.

actually, i know that snow can reduce the cold ; here, sometimes when it's really cold i say "maybe it will snow !" and my friends say "no, it's too cold for snow." (the rest of time, it's not cold enough. i just can't win...).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 PM   #123
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
@Taylor: Mr. Roboto, Think it is time for a visit to the debugger, or maybe run an auto-defrag. Obviously, there are some bum circuits or crossed wired in there. Being wary of an impending invasion is not being intimidated, and readying nuclear weapons is hardly hand-wringing.
Seriously, read the squiggles in the order I type them please.

Evolution is an apt term vis-a-vis language when one realises that evolutionary change often means the demise of thousands of cute, cuddly life forms by chance or a preferential component of some other organism. We'll see how spontaneous extinction of morons who ask "Where you at" plays out.

@Yvan: bet that you wish you'd bought a solar-charged snow melter from MOZ's website, eh?
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:51 AM   #124
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

@Yvan: bet that you wish you'd bought a solar-charged snow melter from MOZ's website, eh?
Good one but m'afraid t'won't work. When it snows the sun don't shine. Where you at man!

I hear that in New York City they bought a diesel snow melter that they just connect to the sewer system. Here it's illegal to dump snow in the waterways because of pollution from snow melting salts and oils from cars.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #125
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Mr. Squid Bucket [he says politely, unable to conjure a more apt moniker and unwilling to use the unpronouncable, almost French-like Cthulhu], I looked for you at the Mythic (Mystic?) Creatures exhibit at the Fields Museum yesterday after trudging through the remains of the deluge from the Red Maple Threat that befell your fine city but I didn't see you. Some of your friends were there, though (e.g., Kraken). I shall try the Shedd today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Colossal_octopus_by_Pierre_Denys_de_Montfort.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	11698  
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #126
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Cthulhu is a character from Philip Lovecraft novels. I haven't read any yet.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:52 AM   #127
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Cthulhu is a character from Philip Lovecraft novels. I haven't read any yet.
You haven't ... you , therefore , don't know what you've missed out on ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #128
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
You haven't ... you , therefore , don't know what you've missed out on ....
Thanks for the advice. I have them and many more, just haven't gotten to them yet.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:25 PM   #129
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Lovecraft is an amazing author.

He is the progenitor of sci-fi that branched out from Space Opera and the kind of pulp tale that simply transposed cowboys and indians for spacemen and aliens.

While some of this work is quite thought provoking and eerie if one really contemplates it, some pieces are so hammy and campy that there should be that crazy zoom push-pull and a violin playing a "zing!" crescendo.

As for my present location, due to my job, am in an undisclosed one.

Sadly, Chicago is no longer a cromuent place for me, and once my wife & I sell the house, neither will Urbana.

Luckily, have not seen snow since last March. 'Tis pretty to look at while sipping hot cocoa with creme de menthe & peppermint Schnapps, but driving in it, walking in it, and all the other things you poor people must do is beyond me. For a while.

Actually, wife sent a photo of our house listing and I asked "why use a picture with snow?" Of course, it had been taken that day.

Vivaldi: Fire your travel agent or get a job where your conventions come to Chicago in the summer.

When you visit the Shedd, look up as you pass through the oceanic (I think) fish wing. You will see how these wretched shoggoth-spawn did to my little brother.

Never should have taught you little b**tards how to dream.....

Plus, do not spend overmuch time attempting to pronounce my name, lest you be beset by eldritch horror, leading to dementia and me eating your soul.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 AM   #130
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
@Taylor:

Did you know Dvorak, the renowned Czech composer, is meant to have his name pronounced Divorzhyak?
Er, that IS the way people pronounce his name here in the UK. How do you say it?

I was amazed, when I first visited to US, to hear someone pronounce the name of the painter "van Gogh" as "van GO". We pronounce "Gogh" to rhyme with the Scottish "loch", which I believe is reasonably close to the Dutch original.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:12 AM   #131
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Shoggoth: "It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any subway train – a shapeless congerie of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that bore down upon us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all litter. ” — H. P. Lovecraft, At The Mountains of Madness

Oh, my god. I saw a bunch of those yesterday at the Shedd Aquarium! They were near the food court munching on french fries while simultaneously screaming with mouths agape "MOMMY, I WANNA SEE THE PENGUINS NOW!!!" We ran for our lives and barely escaped. We're gettin' outta this town, man!

Last edited by vivaldirules; 03-23-2008 at 09:17 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #132
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Good one but m'afraid t'won't work. When it snows the sun don't shine. Where you at man!

I hear that in New York City they bought a diesel snow melter that they just connect to the sewer system. Here it's illegal to dump snow in the waterways because of pollution from snow melting salts and oils from cars.
Where do the law makers there think the melted snow goes - just sublimates to the ether?

Here in Alabama, if we ever have snow, it is just melted by our universal solar powered snow melter and runs into the rivers.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #133
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Er, that IS the way people pronounce his name here in the UK. How do you say it?

I was amazed, when I first visited to US, to hear someone pronounce the name of the painter "van Gogh" as "van GO". We pronounce "Gogh" to rhyme with the Scottish "loch", which I believe is reasonably close to the Dutch original.
It's terrible what the US does to the Queen's English now that we have democratized it. (or should that be democratised for proper spelling?) Or perhaps "vulgarized it" would be more appropriate (in the original Latin sense, of course).
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #134
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
I'm sorry, but didn't we have a war a couple of hundred years back just so we could say things our own way?
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #135
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Where do the law makers there think the melted snow goes - just sublimates to the ether?
doesn't it ? that's how it works here...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds of enlightenment, emotifaction, emotifactor, mozzle, mozzle of mozzle, natch's spleen, taylor514ce, unutterable silliness