Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 11:34 AM   #121
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
  • A couple of times now Amazon's faux-shipped something. The latest was showing as "expected delivery by 10pm" all day yesterday, but when I looked at tracking it hadn't left their warehouse. Today it's finally showing "Delayed, not yet shipped."
This happens to me fairly frequently. Mostly I get the item, but later; sometimes it never comes.
...and another item today. When an item's not yet out for delivery and it's nearly noon, it's not coming today. I know it. Why doesn't Amazon know it? It would be much, much better to get a realistic update, so I could consider my options. I didn't need it today, but I do need it in a couple of days.

And, this is another reason in addition to getting what I've paid for, that I never pick the Amazon Day option unless I get a sweetener. I hope this means there's a better chance of my getting it in enough time, whereas if it had been running late in a few days, I wouldn't.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2023, 03:15 PM   #122
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
An overnight package was supposed to arrive yesterday. Fed Ex delivered it today. It made it to Tallahassee at5:26 AM and should have made it yesterday. Unfortunately, it was not put on the truck that should have brought it to Fed Ex in my town.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2023, 06:41 PM   #123
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
...and another item today. When an item's not yet out for delivery and it's nearly noon, it's not coming today. I know it. Why doesn't Amazon know it? It would be much, much better to get a realistic update, so I could consider my options. I didn't need it today, but I do need it in a couple of days.

And, this is another reason in addition to getting what I've paid for, that I never pick the Amazon Day option unless I get a sweetener. I hope this means there's a better chance of my getting it in enough time, whereas if it had been running late in a few days, I wouldn't.
If the order's delivered by USPS, they can be really slow at updating things, causing Amazon to think it hasn't been delivered yet. I usually get delivered notifications around 8pm, even though the USPS delivers it no later than 1pm. I guess that's when the mail carrier gets back to the post office, or maybe they just wait until then to upload the data from all the mail carriers. UPS and Fedex seem to update as soon as the driver marks it delivered. So does Walmart if they "shipped" the item from the local store. (I've seen the driver a few times and it's always someone in a regular car, not a delivery vehicle, when they do that.)

Don't count on the Amazon Day option with a sweetener changing things. An order of mine from November 7th that they faux shipped was part of an Amazon Day order that they gave me digital credit for using. As of today the item still hadn't arrived and I had to manually cancel that part of the order. I also didn't get the credit until I cancelled that part of the order.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:53 AM   #124
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Walmart Black Friday Event #2 -- ad scan -- 22~26 Nov
  • Early -- starts 22 Nov @ 12 pm ET -- members only
  • Online -- starts 22 Nov @ 3 pm ET
  • In-Store -- starts 24 Nov @ 6 am local
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 10:35 AM   #125
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Google Black Friday
================================================== ==========
  • FREE Ship | Returns | Price Match | Price Protect | Trade-Ins | Membership

Black Friday Sales -- BF 2022
  • TBA

Press Releases --- other News
  • TBA

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-16-2023 at 11:41 AM.
Advert
Old 11-16-2023, 10:55 AM   #126
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Google Black Friday -- exp 27 Nov

Quote:
It’s on. Black Friday deals are here.

Now until 11/27 -- Why wait? Get big savings before the big rush.
Quote:
Google Device Black Friday Deals Now Live!

16 Nov -- Today is the first day that Google's authorized retailers such as Best Buy, Amazon, Walmart and others are offering the Black Friday deals on Google devices that we let you know about several days ago. Here are some of the best deals available:
Quote:
Google Announces Upcoming Black Friday Deals

14 Nov -- Google has announced upcoming Black Friday deals on their devices which you can expect to find both on Google's own store and on their many retailers such as Target, Best Buy and Home Depot. These limited time deals start on Thursday, November 16th.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2023, 12:00 PM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Save Big During BJ’s Wholesale Club’s Black Friday Savings Events

Quote:
11/14/2023 -- MARLBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BJ's Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ), a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs, today announced its Black Friday savings event will run November 17 - November 27, 2023, both in-club and online at BJs.com.

During the Black Friday savings event, members will have exclusive access to unbeatable savings on toys, décor, furniture, TVs, and more. To help members save even more, BJ’s Wholesale Club is also running a Black Friday Weekend savings event, with exclusive limited-time doorbusters, slated to run November 23 - November 27, 2023, while supplies last. These deals will be available to shop online at BJs.com on November 23 and in-club when doors open at 7 a.m. on November 24.

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-17-2023 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:10 AM   #128
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Black Friday Sales

Black Friday is now in full swing at quite a few stores. Some of them will have doorbusters and special events at various times and dates during the sale, so keep an eye out for that.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 11:22 AM   #129
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Amazon Black Friday -- exp 24 Nov
  • Live Updates -- on the best early deals, holiday shopping tips, and gift guides
  • Shopping Tips -- 36 of the best Black Friday deals you can shop during Black Friday
Quote:
Amazon Black Friday 2023

Live updates on the best early deals, holiday shopping tips, and gift guides

Holiday shopping is easy with the best Black Friday deals from Amazon! Get early deals and discover shopping tips and gift guides for everyone on your list.

Amazon’s Black Friday event starts today, November 17, giving customers more days to shop than last year’s event, and featuring some of the lowest prices of the year so far on select products.

see link for details
Quote:
Amazon - Deck the Halls with Millions of Deals

During Amazon’s Black Friday Event Starting November 17

SEATTLE—(BUSINESS WIRE) NOVEMBER 5, 2023—Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) today announced that its Black Friday event will start Friday, November 17, giving customers more days to shop than last year’s event, and featuring some of the lowest prices of the year so far on select products from popular brands like YETI, Peloton, LEGO, Lancôme, and Ruggable, and up to 50% off IT Cosmetics, up to 42% off BISSELL products, and up to 33% off Le Creuset products. Customers can find something for everyone on their holiday shopping list, including deals on Sony products, Shark hair care products, and Disney toys and apparel, up to 30% off Barbie dolls and playsets, and up to 47% off the National Tree Company Christmas trees and garlands.

Amazon will continue to spread the joy of seasonal savings throughout its Cyber Monday weekend event starting Saturday, November 25, and running through Monday, November 27, with even more festive deals from top brands like Casper, Ninja, CeraVe, and Helly Hansen. With discounts up to 45% off Hey Dude, up to 30% off La Roche-Posay, and up to 30% off OPI nail colors and treatments, customers can continue to save on great gifts throughout the weekend.

New deals will drop as often as every five minutes during select periods throughout the deal events, so customers should come back often to find new deals to check off their holiday shopping lists. To find the most up-to-date deals during the events, visit amazon.com/blackfriday and amazon.com/cybermonday.

‘Tis the Season for Savings
From November 17 through November 27, customers can expect deep discounts across categories including electronics, toys, home, fashion, beauty, and Amazon devices. Below is a small sample of deals customers can find throughout the deal events:

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-25-2023 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:56 PM   #130
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Kindle Unlimited 3 months for 99 cents (Amazon US)

Kindle Unlimited (Amazon US)
$ 0.99 for 3 months
Renews at $11.99/month afterwards

At last! I've been waiting for a deal on KU and here's the Black Friday offering. YMMV, check the Kindle Unlimited page on your Amazon account to see if you qualify. This link may or may not work.
Enough time to finish the series that I started from AG Barnett and PJ Fitzsimmons for me!
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:04 PM   #131
Iouanalao
Iouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshesIouanalao can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by ngrant View Post
Kindle Unlimited (Amazon US)
$ 0.99 for 3 months
Renews at $11.99/month afterwards
Thanks for posting - I've been waiting for a promo like this
Iouanalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 03:44 PM   #132
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Best Buy Black Friday -- ad scan -- exp 25 Nov

Quote:
Best Buy’s Black Friday Sale begins Nov. 17

Nov 15, 2023 -- Find the perfect holiday gift and save big with thousands of deals for everyone — and even deeper discounts for My Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members.

Break out the holiday wish list and get ready to shop some big savings: Our Black Friday Sale is nearly here.

The sale officially starts this Friday, Nov. 17, when customers will find thousands of deals on this season’s hottest items, including TVs, headphones, laptops, electric scooters, skincare devices, small appliances and more. In addition to the savings, we’re keeping stores open longer, providing curated gift lists and offering virtual shopping advice from our tech experts.

Customers can shop the Black Friday deals in stores, on BestBuy.com or via the Best Buy App. Remember, My Best Buy Plus™ and My Best Buy Total™ members always get access to our best prices.

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2023 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2023, 03:58 PM   #133
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

BJ's Club Black Friday -- exp 27 Nov

Quote:
Save Big During BJ’s Wholesale Club’s Black Friday Savings Events

11/14/2023 -- MARLBOROUGH, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- BJ's Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ), a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs, today announced its Black Friday savings event will run November 17 - November 27, 2023, both in-club and online at BJs.com.

During the Black Friday savings event, members will have exclusive access to unbeatable savings on toys, décor, furniture, TVs, and more. To help members save even more, BJ’s Wholesale Club is also running a Black Friday Weekend savings event, with exclusive limited-time doorbusters, slated to run November 23 - November 27, 2023, while supplies last. These deals will be available to shop online at BJs.com on November 23 and in-club when doors open at 7 a.m. on November 24.

see link for details
Old 11-18-2023, 12:46 AM   #134
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Newegg Black Friday -- ad scan -- exp 25 Nov

Quote:
Newegg’s Black Friday Sale Begins Nov 17

Thousands of deals will drop for products including laptops, desktop computers, VR and graphics cards

NOV 13, 2023 -- CITY OF INDUSTRY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Newegg Commerce, Inc. (NASDAQ: NEGG), a global e-commerce leader for technology products, today announced plans for its Black Friday Sale, which will begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Standard Time on Nov. 17.

Newegg is hosting a 24-hour Cyber Monday livestream. Hosts Ben Tibbels (left) and Tori Vasquez prepare to unveil Flash Deals every hour that will be available only to lucky viewers.

Newegg’s sales will offer thousands of products at some of the lowest prices of the year. Categories include VR, headphones, desktop PCs, laptops, gaming laptops, graphics cards, CPUs and keyboards.

November Newegg sale dates:
  • Black Friday Sale: Nov. 17 to Nov. 25
  • Cyber Monday Sale: Nov. 26 to Nov. 30
Newegg also released an interactive e-flyer that showcases hundreds of exciting Black Friday Sale deals. Most deals will be available Nov. 17 to Nov. 30 while supplies last.

see link for details

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-20-2023 at 10:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 01:24 AM   #135
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Apple Black Friday
  • FREE Ship | Returns | Price Match | Price Protect | Trade-Ins | Membership

Black Friday Sales -- BF 2022
  • TBA

Press Releases --- other News
  • TBA

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-19-2023 at 03:07 AM.