Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-14-2023, 06:05 PM   #121
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I know its fun to believe that these delivery issues might be wider-spread than they actually are. But believing that they're pervasive enough to be indicative of some sort of major "collapse," might be quite a bit premature.
By listing failed discount retailers, I didn’t mean to seriously suggest this one was about to follow. So long as Amazon Web Services is part of the same company as the merchandise retailer, they have a cushion no prior discount king had.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 07:06 PM   #122
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
And yes, non-Prime orders do indicate a delivery date. Which is, of course, later than the Prime delivery date. Which also slowed to three or four days from two .
That's not what I asked. I asked if non-Prime orders ever came with a guaranteed 2-day, 3-day, 5-day, whathaveyou, like Prime orders did. Something that could be used to definitively claim they have slowed.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-14-2023 at 07:13 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2023, 07:13 PM   #123
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
and there's no denying they keep making Prime worse, by taking away benefits or making them less useful than they were at the start.
Sorry, but that's easily denied. I've come to value my Prime membership more and more all the time. I know of nothing that's been taken away from me that I needed. Free shipping is still free; my delivery times have gotten steadily faster; and I watch Prime Video more and more. So yes. I can categorically deny that they're making Prime objectively "worse."

Step out of whatever echo chamber you're spending so much time in.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-14-2023 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:29 PM   #124
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

As I've said, if anyone wants to say they value Prime less and less (or not at all), have at it. I'll not hassle you (rhetorical you). But if you want to try and claim that Prime itself has gotten objectively and universally "worse," then I'll point out that you don't have the data to support that.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:32 PM   #125
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
That's not what I asked. I asked if non-Prime orders ever came with a guaranteed 2-day, 3-day, 5-day, whathaveyou, like Prime orders did. Something that could be used to definitively claim they have slowed.
What you asked was: "Were non-Prime orders ever guaranteed any kind delivery expectations?"

Quote:
Sorry, but that's easily denied. I've come to value my Prime membership more and more all the time. I know of nothing that's been taken away from me that I needed. Free shipping is still free; my delivery times have gotten steadily faster; and I watch Prime Video more and more. So yes. I can categorically deny that they're making Prime objectively "worse."

Pot, kettle.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2023, 07:38 PM   #126
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
What you asked was: "Were non-Prime orders ever guaranteed any kind delivery expectations?"
Exactly. And you gave me delivery estimates. Not what I asked for.

Quote:
Pot, kettle.
You do realize that me posting here, where most people are clearly of a different mindset than me, means that I HAVE stepped out of the "everything is hunky dory in Prime land" echo chamber, right?
Old 07-14-2023, 07:39 PM   #127
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
As I've said, if anyone wants to say they value Prime less and less (or not at all), have at it. I'll not hassle you (rhetorical you). But if you want to try and claim that Prime itself has gotten objectively and universally "worse," then I'll point out that you don't have the data to support that.
I value Prime less because they've screwed me over one time too many. That's why I'm not renewing.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 07:42 PM   #128
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I value Prime less because they've screwed me over one time too many. That's why I'm not renewing.
Great. Sounds like a reasoned decision for you.
Old 07-14-2023, 07:50 PM   #129
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:

"I know of nothing that's been taken away from me that I needed." You admit I'm right, that they've taken stuff away, but because you personally didn't need those things, you write it off as no big deal.

For people who used them, it was a big deal. Removing benefits makes any program worse. Period. They haven't taken anything away that I used yet, but the fact they keep removing stuff, while raising prices, objectively means I'm getting less than I got in the past from the program. This has led to me considering it a much poorer value than it used to be. After all, if I wanted to use those removed benefits, well, I can't, can I?

You're taking your own personal experience and suggesting it's the norm, while there's at least four people in this very thread telling you they feel differently. My brain may be in a fog due to depression, but even I can tell that's 80% saying it's worse in this thread with only 20% saying it's fine. I'd suggest you take your own haughty advice and step out of that "echo chamber you're spending so much time in."

I'm not going to engage you further, your reply to me especially came across as you being a huge asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
TFor BF, I'm looking to get a new Chromebook and phone. Alexa's constant "now connected/ disconnected" announcement every time I use my Echo as a BT speaker is getting on my nerves and driving me to get an AC powered BT speaker.
If you see it on sale, I recommend the Anker Soundcore 2 Bluetooth speaker. It's stereo and sounds great. I couldn't hear the dialog in stuff I watched on my tablet with the window AC on, but this speaker gets plenty loud enough. It charges with a USB cable, but you can just leave it plugged in all the time to avoid the battery running out. I do that with the free Bluetooth speaker Comcast gave away a few years ago that I keep in the kitchen.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:06 PM   #130
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you see it on sale, I recommend the Anker Soundcore 2 Bluetooth speaker. It's stereo and sounds great. I couldn't hear the dialog in stuff I watched on my tablet with the window AC on, but this speaker gets plenty loud enough. It charges with a USB cable, but you can just leave it plugged in all the time to avoid the battery running out. I do that with the free Bluetooth speaker Comcast gave away a few years ago that I keep in the kitchen.
Thanks for the rec, but I'm only interested in getting a BT speaker that doesn't use batteries. I want to leave it plugged into the wall 24/7.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:13 PM   #131
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
"I know of nothing that's been taken away from me that I needed." You admit I'm right, that they've taken stuff away, but because you personally didn't need those things, you write it off as no big deal.
Of course I write off what I don't value as no big deal. So do others. That's why no one can categorically state that Prime has gotten worse (or better) for anyone other than themselves.

Quote:
For people who used them, it was a big deal. Removing benefits makes any program worse. Period. They haven't taken anything away that I used yet, but the fact they keep removing stuff, while raising prices, objectively means I'm getting less than I got in the past from the program. This has led to me considering it a much poorer value than it used to be. After all, if I wanted to use those removed benefits, well, I can't, can I?
You should have led with that. I take no issue with that statement. You're explaining why YOU don't value Prime as much. That's a far different statement than, "There's no denying that Prime has gotten worse." Mainly because there IS denying.

Quote:
I'm not going to engage you further, your reply to me especially came across as you being a huge asshole.
Seriously?? One critical reply and you have to go straight to name-calling?

I'm perfectly willing to admit that Prime may not be worth it for everyone. Can you do the same and admit that it still has value for many?

Don't worry. This asshole doesn't really expect an honest answer.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-14-2023 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:13 PM   #132
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Best Target Circle deal was $15 in circle money if you spend $100. You just apply the $15 to your next order.

Between cat food and replacing several smoke detectors, it was easy to spend $100 on household stuff.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 08:27 PM   #133
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
By listing failed discount retailers, I didn’t mean to seriously suggest this one was about to follow. So long as Amazon Web Services is part of the same company as the merchandise retailer, they have a cushion no prior discount king had.
My mistake. But you did go directly from describing your shipping woes to wondering if they (Amazon) were on their way to dodo-ing themselves. It certainly seemed like you were connecting dots. *shrug*
Old 07-14-2023, 08:40 PM   #134
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmi View Post
Best Target Circle deal was $15 in circle money if you spend $100. You just apply the $15 to your next order.

Between cat food and replacing several smoke detectors, it was easy to spend $100 on household stuff.
The only thing I found of value at Target was visiting the Target Circle Week website to see the cute doggie pop up. I do it a couple of times a day
Old 07-14-2023, 10:47 PM   #135
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Exactly. And you gave me delivery estimates. Not what I asked for.

You do realize that me posting here, where most people are clearly of a different mindset than me, means that I HAVE stepped out of the "everything is hunky dory in Prime land" echo chamber, right?
Give me a break. Delivery times at Amazon have increased, for both Prime and non-Prime. That's what I've experienced and what I said. And my comment hasn't changed, unlike whatever you think you said and/or meant.

Arguing with someone of a different mindset is by no means the same thing as stepping out of your own echo chamber.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote