Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-03-2018, 02:19 PM   #91
winsky321
winsky321 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
sounds like a great idea to do a group buy for this notes! Anyone else interested?
winsky321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #92
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokingboudicca View Post
ATTN Canadians

Ok, this is a bit weird, but when I heard about the Onyx Boox note I went crazy trying to find the best possible deal. That meant searching all over China to find the right dealer and see if they could give me a discount.
Well, I couldn't find anything I could afford, but the nice folks at Onyx International have offered to sell me ten Onyx Boox Notes at 330 usd a piece, not including VAT or shipping.
So, my suggestion- would ten Canadians like to go in on an order of the Onyx Boox Note? PM me if you are interested.
About me- I am an average Jane from Nova Scotia, Canada. I've never sold anything before and I am not looking to make my fortune off of e-readers. My hope is that I can make 20 dollars off of each unit so that I can afford my very own e-reader.
I am prepared to give you a disgusting amount of personal information (if you're not a serial killer) just to make sure you are confident I am doing the right thing.
I am not accepting any form of money at the moment!! Thi is an Idea- maybe a terrible Idea!! But if ten Canucks want a discount on an Onyx Boox Note I am prepared to do the legwork.

PS: Non- Canadians- if this seems like a good deal to you too, I guess I can look into international shipping from Canada. But it is going to be via Canada Post and it will take exactly as long as our dear unionized Canadian institution sees fit.
Well, I live in Maine - which is "almost" Canada! - went to school in Ottawa, and have Canadian ancestry. So, I almost qualify... Yeah, I know all about mailing stuff from Canada to the States. I am interested. One problem that might disqualify me - I am a cereal killer....
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #93
SnowMuffler
Enthusiast
SnowMuffler began at the beginning.

Device: None
Anyone hear any updates? I still can't get e-reader store to respond to my emails. I've contemplated cancelling just due to the lack of response. I really don't care if it comes tomorrow or in a month, but a common courtesy reply would be professional.
SnowMuffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:53 AM   #94
Farmerj
Farmerj began at the beginning.

Device: None
Good e reader shop has 24 in stock and if I remember correctly, from the video they posted, shipping is within 48hrs.
Farmerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:31 AM   #95
orpheus2011
Connoisseur
orpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litterorpheus2011 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMuffler View Post
Anyone hear any updates? I still can't get e-reader store to respond to my emails. I've contemplated cancelling just due to the lack of response. I really don't care if it comes tomorrow or in a month, but a common courtesy reply would be professional.
EReader Store has been in touch - they are expecting their shipment into the warehouse this week, and ship them out to us shortly thereafter!
orpheus2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2018, 03:32 AM   #96
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
Quote:
Good e reader shop has 24 in stock and if I remember correctly, from the video they posted, shipping is within 48hrs.
That would require trusting goodereader.com. Not something I'm ready to do.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #97
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philippe D. View Post
That would require trusting goodereader.com. Not something I'm ready to do.
Went to the store on their webpage and it did allow you to put one in your cart and proceed to checkout.

How and ever, they don't use Paypal, so that would mean entrusting them with your credit card details which is something I would be very wary of.

I would also be very wary of any after sales service. They don't seem to have done too well by the few backers who actually received their own branded device. That would not encourage me to make a major purchase with them.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:16 AM   #98
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2011 View Post
EReader Store has been in touch - they are expecting their shipment into the warehouse this week, and ship them out to us shortly thereafter!
Best news I've heard all day. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2018, 02:54 PM   #99
vrinkles
vrinkles began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
I am still in contact with the nice people at Onyx International, and I will be selling the Onyx Boox Note on Amazon in Canada. And I will be looking for the best possible deals. But, I can still get a package of ten Onyx Boox for anyone who is interested. My e-mail is vrinkles at gmail dot com. Please let me know if you are down!

Oh, here is a slack invite for a slack I created for this very purpose:
https://join.slack.com/t/vrinkles/sh...zNiODhmZjE1YjA

Additional info: Ok, so far 3 individuals have been interested in this, and each of those individuals are Americans. So, ok! Let's see if I can't get these things to America!! So, Americans, please e-mail, pm, or go to the slack if you want to get in on this.

The last quote I received was: Before VAT and shipping the cost of each individual unit was $330 American. It's a little more expensive to order from Russia, but Vat is included. I'm in contact with the Chinese sellers, not the Russian sellers. I have not calculated shipping and VAT- I am waiting for there to be ten people interested before I ask.

Also, I am able to order directly from Onyx International off of Amazon. The deal they made with me is if I want, I can contact them directly and have my orders shipped to anywhere through Onyx International. The price might be a bit steeper, but the shipping is more reliable and Onyx Boox keeps their prices low.

Edit: Good e-readers has a pretty simple deal with Onyx Boox- they sell the product on their site (at a marked up rate) and Onyx Boox fulfills their order through Amazon. Long story short- definitely cheaper to get your Onyx Boox through Amazon!

Someone was asking- the Onyx Boox Note will be available on Amazon in Mid March. So, soon. Like, maybe the end of next week. They are still producing them.

Only three people have approached me about my offer, so I really think the most cost effective way for folks to buy their e-readers is to get them off of Amazon. Should the time come and there is any confusion as to where to find it, I will hook you up with a link.

Last edited by vrinkles; 03-09-2018 at 01:42 PM. Reason: American Buyers + Amazon dot ca
vrinkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #100
orpheus2011
Connoisseur

My Boox Note at Ereader.store has gone into Preparing for Shipment status at last! Others might want to check theirs. Has anyone gotten hold of a suitable screen protector for it? I can't find anything which is really 10.3, most are 10.1
Old 03-09-2018, 05:34 PM   #101
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
My Boox Note at Ereader.store has gone into Preparing for Shipment status at last! Others might want to check theirs. Has anyone gotten hold of a suitable screen protector for it? I can't find anything which is really 10.3, most are 10.1
Great news. Hopefully, that means mine will soon be entering a similar phase.

As for screen protectors, what about buying one for the Max and cutting it to size?
Old 03-10-2018, 03:20 AM   #102
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Great news. Hopefully, that means mine will soon be entering a similar phase.

As for screen protectors, what about buying one for the Max and cutting it to size?
There are places which install the protector professionally and cut the source sheet with a plotter - I go to "Clear-Coat, Mobile Outfitters". Of course, they have matte. One secondary problem could be, I am pretty sure they can cut a custom rectangle but I only hope they can also deal with rounded corners.

The chief problem is, protectors are normally to be put on glass: which are good for e-ink screens? The process done by "Clear-Coat, Mobile Outfitters" for example involves a intermedate liquid and an "hairdryer" - is everything safe?

Last edited by mdp; 03-10-2018 at 04:50 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #103
orpheus2011
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
There are places which install the protector professionally and cut the source sheet with a plotter - I go to "Clear-Coat, Mobile Outfitters". Of course, they have matte. One secondary problem could be, I am pretty sure they can cut a custom rectangle but I only hope they can also deal with rounded corners.

The chief problem is, protectors are normally to be put on glass: which are good for e-ink screens? The process done by "Clear-Coat, Mobile Outfitters" for example involves a intermedate liquid and an "hairdryer" - is everything safe?
Thanks, thats no good. So what do you suggest in the interim? Buy a screen protector for 10.5, or 10.1 screens and cut it to make fit the internal screen, inside the rounded corners?
Old 03-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #104
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Thanks, thats no good. So what do you suggest in the interim? Buy a screen protector for 10.5, or 10.1 screens and cut it to make fit the internal screen, inside the rounded corners?
And you attach random protectors? They are made for glass! No, it is required to understand which protectors are compatible with e-ink displays and what's put on them - at least, to find an amount of good experiences of people who have adopted protectors made for glass and state that they are fine on e-ink... Or some engineers that state that there is no difference.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:04 AM   #105
Question Mark
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
And you attach random protectors? They are made for glass! No, it is required to understand which protectors are compatible with e-ink displays and what's put on them - at least, to find an amount of good experiences of people who have adopted protectors made for glass and state that they are fine on e-ink... Or some engineers that state that there is no difference.
That's exactly why I suggested getting the screen protector being marketed for the Max and cutting it to size. Presumably it has been tested for such screens.

One could always ask Booxtor since it is being sold through his store:

https://ereader.store/en/accessoires...xcarta-32.html