Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-07-2016, 11:30 AM   #91
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You can try the overdrive plugin in calibre. It's very good for checking when new books appear at the libraries.
I have the plug-in set to search for books available for recommendations, too and KU also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
Once its installed, it works on both sites. I didn't know that either until the box popped up. Now it does take another page refresh to pull that up so it might be annoying to some. I got used to it and it helps so much.
Ah... I've never logged in to Goodreads via Chrome. I tend to use Firefox more than Chrome.

ETA: I just discovered there's an ereaderiq extension for Chrome that sits in the address bar where I can look at the price history of Amazon ebooks.

Last edited by copyrite; 01-07-2016 at 12:12 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 12:13 PM   #92
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Brooklyn Library just got back to me! Usually I have to wait days to a week but the $50 is paid! So I am all set for another year. *happy dance*
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #93
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

ETA: I just discovered there's an ereaderiq extension for Chrome that sits in the address bar where I can look at the price history of Amazon ebooks.
I have that one too. It great. I use it to set price notifications and also to add out of print books to the list when they get finally kindelized.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #94
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
The email response I got from HMR today seems to indicate the not being able to redeem points for a code last week was a technical issue which has now been fixed. They have also given me all of my other store purchase points.

I hope everyone else's issues have been resolved as well.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:51 PM   #95
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've started the process to renew my Brooklyn Library card. I think it's a much better deal than Scribd. I had to borrow the money but it's well worth it.
How much is the card for Brooklyn?

I have FLP, one in CA and one here locally in TN that are free, but might pay for one, if it had a much larger selection. (Oh, how I miss Singapore, which I qualified for when my brother kept traveling there on business).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 11:31 PM   #96
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
How much is the card for Brooklyn?
$50 a year

https://bpl.brooklynpubliclibrary.or...ref=outofstate
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:55 AM   #97
hannahi
Addict
hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hannahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Google Nexus phone, Sony PRS-300
I think all my issues with Harlequin ebooks have been resolved too. They still have problems with one title I bought with rewards points (the newest TEssa Dare novella) so they're supposed to be refunding my points for that as well. The problem wasn't' with the points, it's just that that title won't download from their bookshelf.
hannahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #98
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've got like 1350 in points so I am well on my way to another code in about a couple weeks I still have my first one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 01:46 PM   #99
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It can be a very good deal. Brooklyn has over 86,000 ebooks, 15,000 audiobooks, plus they have the 3M library. The 3M library catalog has really grown especially their sci-fi section. They do have a few streaming videos also.

Keep in mind they carry non-English titles.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 03:49 PM   #100
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Scottish Starter Box Set by May McGoldrick is FREE at Amazon today. Three novels originally published by Onyx in 1996 and later.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...al-text&sr=1-1
Old 01-08-2016, 11:20 PM   #101
birdbrainbb
Addict
birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.birdbrainbb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Dreamspinner Press's discounted weekend reads are up. 3 contemporary romances by Susan Laine are $0.99 each:
Sauna Lover (novella)
Spoiler:
When Shawn Wells learns a planned development project threatens the quaint gay neighborhood of Trickstown, he jumps into action. This is his home turf. Plus, his favorite hangout, bathhouse Hot Haven, is the heart of the community--along with its owner, Toby Macintyre, who has been a sort-of friend to Shawn for years.

Surprisingly, Toby seems opposed to Shawn’s community-wide campaign to save the uniqueness and unity of the area. Even so, an unexpected attraction sparks between them, further fanning the flames of change.

Shawn has to fight for the future of his community, his beloved bathhouse, and for Toby. The sauna lover quickly finds himself in some real hot water.

Haunted Heart (novella)
Spoiler:
Duncan Kerr is the art director of Enamored Press, an erotic romance publisher based in Seattle. An open submissions call for new artists yields an imaginative book cover with rich details and bold colors that catches his interest. After a few more samples of work and some e-mails, Duncan is determined to hire the talented young artist on a permanent basis.

But Ruben Winterbottom isn’t an average freelance artist. His agoraphobia leaves him terrified to set foot outside his secluded house in the woods by the Olympic National Park. Living alone, fear is Ruben’s sole companion.

When the two men meet, Ruben has a panic attack and hides away. Although confused, Duncan sees past Ruben’s anxiety to his artistic gifts and beautiful soul. So he sets out to coax the young man out of his shy shell.

Falling in love with a broken boy, however, might be the first draft of heartbreak.

The Sensualist & the Untouched
Spoiler:
Being over thirty is not an issue for Corey Paige. Being frigid and a virgin, however, is a huge problem for the only son of a newspaper magnate. No matter the risk, Corey’s intent on resolving both problems in one go.

Enter Lucian Allard, a wealthy hedonist with a notorious reputation at club Boudoir—and an unconventional sexual mentoring program for those who suffer from dysfunctions. As the two men begin a sensual journey to awaken Corey’s libido, Corey’s frigid body isn't all that begins to melt. His untouched feelings also spark to life.

Though a family emergency puts a halt to awakening Corey’s senses and desires, Corey and Lucian grow closer as friends. Then an unexpected kiss from Lucian in Corey’s most desperate hour changes everything. Now Corey must decide if the program is still an aid or an obstacle to two lonely men trying to maintain a professional detachment but falling hopelessly in love.

They're also doing a 30% off paranormal sale through the end of today, but I'm not sure if that's PST or EST or what.
birdbrainbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #102
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Love and Adventure Collection - Part 1 (Love and Adventure Boxed Sets) by Jennifer Blake is FREE at Amazon. Contains 2 novels published in 1977 and 1979 by Fawcett.

http://www.amazon.com/Love-Adventure...dp/B00A97JN70/
Old 01-09-2016, 02:15 PM   #103
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Repeat from last June.

A Slip in Time
Old 01-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #104
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Black Falcon's Lady (Celtic Rogues #1) by Kimberleigh Caitlin/Kimberly Cates. GR 4.06
Formerly published in 1988 by Berkley Books as NIGHTWYLDE.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...al-text&sr=1-1
Old 01-09-2016, 06:08 PM   #105
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?

Steel Magnolia Press has about a dozen titles FREE for the next few days many are previously trad pubbed.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_st_pr...price-asc-rank