Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #91
Lin2412
Grand Sorceress
Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lin2412 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I wonder which book wins. I have to be honest (I'm excited!! I haven't been in a book club before unless sharing insights with friends count. lol) If John Green's TFIOS wins, I expect to know things I haven't noticed before when I first read it. It usually happens to me during re-reads, that's why I reread books that I love as much as I can (and discuss it as much as I can also!)
Lin2412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 11:11 PM   #92
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I think I'll vote for Never Let Me Go. I just purchased it and I absolutely loved Remains of the Day.

I think regardless of the vote I'll read this one.
You'll be sorry. This Never Let Me Go is meh. It is nowhere near as good as Remains of the Day.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 11:12 PM   #93
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I can't believe I did all that on an iPad!
I have a Surface Pro 2 that I am using right now and it does everything I can do with a laptop.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:59 PM   #94
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have a Surface Pro 2 that I am using right now and it does everything I can do with a laptop.

As I told someone the other day, perhaps my next iPad should be a Surface Pro. The iPad's idea of multi-tasking is to be able to switch quickly between apps. The Windows idea is to have more than one app open on the screen simultaneously; a much more useful setup. But unless you're watching movies, the screen ratio of the Surface is awkward.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:12 AM   #95
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Don't get the Surface! I have the RT and it finally died on me and let me tell you, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 has the same Multi-Window thing that the Surface does in addition to over 1 million apps from the Google Play store vs. a measly 100,000 apps in the Windows Store. The cord for the Surface is very poorly made as I've gone through 3 in less than two years.
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #96
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
Don't get the Surface! I have the RT and it finally died on me and let me tell you, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 has the same Multi-Window thing that the Surface does in addition to over 1 million apps from the Google Play store vs. a measly 100,000 apps in the Windows Store. The cord for the Surface is very poorly made as I've gone through 3 in less than two years.
The Surface Pro uses the full version of Windows, not Windows RT so isn't limited by the app store. The regular Surface is just a tablet, the Surface Pro is basically a super thin Windows laptop. Not really the same thing (or the same price).
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 01:39 PM   #97
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
As I told someone the other day, perhaps my next iPad should be a Surface Pro. The iPad's idea of multi-tasking is to be able to switch quickly between apps. The Windows idea is to have more than one app open on the screen simultaneously; a much more useful setup. But unless you're watching movies, the screen ratio of the Surface is awkward.
The Surface Pro 3 is a great small laptop. And does everything you could want or need from an every day machine. When combined with the docking station, it can easily become your desktop as well.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:31 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
The Surface Pro can run ANY program/app that runs under Windows 8.1. If you already use Windows on a desktop or laptop, you can use the SAME programs.

I like my Surface Pro 2. I'm using it right now.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:39 PM   #99
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
You shouldn't have to upgrade to get the features that are touted!! I'm sticking with Android.
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote