Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #76
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
\[[\w ]*\]

is the exact default regex.

Next version will be substantially more robust.

G
Old 01-31-2010, 06:47 PM   #77
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Thankyou Griker. I must have messed up somewhere since I last did the catalogue because I just cant get it to work now. I have removed individually all the tags so they are gone and have saved the library to hard drive but still get this pesky error message.

I appreciate your time in this. I tseems I need to spread the kudos before I can give you more!

ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Spoiler:
Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI:run
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.35_0uyy uw_catalog_out.epub
Output format: epub
opts:
basename: Catalog
catalog_title: My Books
creator: Calibre
dbs_fname: CatalogSnapshot.dat
descriptionClip: 250
exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags:
fmt: epub
ids: [192, 187, 14, 21, 73, 60, 71, 68, 12, 69, 154, 24, 30, 41, 132, 55, 131, 15, 39, 1, 128, 120, 190, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 40, 38, 91, 56, 85, 6, 8, 96, 17, 54, 46, 64, 51, 52, 43, 4, 19, 84, 175, 174, 97, 59, 65, 2, 20, 90, 178, 94, 150, 179, 100, 183, 165, 181, 185, 180, 167, 182, 18, 47, 191, 48, 117, 118, 29, 176, 77, 42, 32, 177, 11, 79, 78, 3, 5, 141, 106, 107, 143, 109, 142, 111, 115, 112, 145, 156, 105, 153, 22, 50, 83, 10, 35, 53, 157, 33, 37, 88, 44, 76, 23, 25, 66, 13, 72, 63, 36, 49, 62, 7, 119, 129, 70, 138, 135, 134, 136, 140, 139, 137, 133]
note_tag:
output_profile: kindle
plugin_path: <class 'calibre.library.catalog.EPUB_MOBI'>
read_tag:
search_text: None
sort_by: None
verbose: True
0% fetchBooksByTitle()
7% fetchBooksByAuthor()
15% generateHTMLDescriptions()
23% generateHTMLByTitle()
30% generateHTMLByAuthor()
38% generateHTMLByTags()
46% generateThumbnails()
no cover available for Avatar, will use default
generating new thumbnail_default.jpg
no cover available for Lies I Told My Children, will use default
updating thumbnail_default for Lies I Told My Children
no cover available for My Books, will use default
no cover available for My Clippings, will use default
no cover available for Order of Series, will use default
no cover available for The Pawn (The Patrick Bowers Files, Book 1), will use default
53% generateOPF()
61% generateNCXHeader()
69% generateNCXDescription()
76% generateNCXByTitle()
84% generateNCXByAuthor()
92% generateNCXByTags()
Python function terminated unexpectedly
list index out of range (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 59, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2554, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 704, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1939, in generateNCXByTags
IndexError: list index out of range
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 PM   #78
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You're using 6.35, which is the very first release. You can update to 6.36 and see how it goes, should be much better. And 6.37 will be even better, coming soon.

Remember to set your output format to MOBI after updating.

G
Old 01-31-2010, 06:59 PM   #79
GRiker

Kovid's made the original 'Creating Catalog' thread sticky, so I'd appreciate it everyone would use that thread to keep all the group knowledge in one place.

G
Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 PM   #80
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just saw your next post - Is this the sticky thread?
Updated and set to Mobi but once again

Spoiler:
ERROR: Conversion Error: <b>Failed</b>: Generate catalog

Generate catalog
Catalog_EPUB_MOBI:run
path_to_output: c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\calibre_0.6.36_apvc bh_catalog_out.mobi
Output format: mobi
Book count: 130
opts:
basename: Catalog
catalog_title: My Books
creator: calibre
descriptionClip: 250
exclude_genre: \[[\w ]*\]
exclude_tags:
fmt: mobi
log: <calibre.utils.logging.Log object at 0x03709C50>
note_tag:
output_profile: kindle
plugin_path: <class 'calibre.library.catalog.EPUB_MOBI'>
read_tag:
search_text: None
sort_by: None
verbose: True
CatalogBuilder(): Generating mobi for kindle
0.00% fetchBooksByTitle()
0.08% fetchBooksByAuthor()
0.15% generateHTMLDescriptions()
0.23% generateHTMLByTitle()
0.31% generateHTMLByAuthor()
0.38% generateHTMLByTags()
0.46% generateOPF()
0.54% generateNCXHeader()
0.62% generateNCXDescriptions()
0.69% generateNCXByTitle()
0.77% generateNCXByAuthor()
0.85% generateNCXByTags()
Python function terminated unexpectedly
list index out of range (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 103, in main
File "site.py", line 85, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 99, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 59, in gui_catalog
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 2391, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 772, in buildSources
File "site-packages\calibre\library\catalog.py", line 1901, in generateNCXByTags
IndexError: list index out of range

What on earth have I done to go from success to failure...
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #81
GRiker

Please try restoring the default values for exclude tags(~,Catalog), note tag (*) and read tag (+).

G
Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #82
Pushka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Please try restoring the default values for exclude tags(~,Catalog), note tag (*) and read tag (+).

G
Yep, that worked!

I take it each time we should delete the previously generated catalogue, otherwise we end up with a catalogue inside a catalogue?

And another tip - I changed the author from calibre to AAAA - that way it always appears as the first item on the home screen, on the kindle and calibre when sorted by authors.

Last edited by Pushka; 01-31-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #83
GRiker

No need to do that - by having 'Catalog' in the exclude tags, it automatically skips any entries tagged with 'Catalog'. Make sense?

I'll put in a fix for empty fields in an upcoming release, thanks for catching that.

G
Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 AM   #84
GRiker

New Catalog features in 0.6.37

Here's a quick summary of changes to catalog generation in 0.6.37:
  • Added 'Recently Added' section, sorted by month in reverse chronological order. Titles added within a calendar month are sorted by Author.
  • Added an option to sort numbers by their text equivalent, e.g. '1968' => 'Nineteen sixty-eight'. By default, this option is off.
  • Added diagnostics in the log to show tags used as genres during catalog creation. This is helpful in figuring out which tags need to be consolidated.
  • (Kindle-specific) Optimized Kindle TOC display for DX, taking advantage of additional display area for summaries. Set Preferences|Conversion|Page Setup|Output profile to match your Kindle.
  • (Kindle-specific) When using the 'view articles' feature from the Sections List, additional detail is shown in the book descriptions:
    Author | Year Published | Genre • Genre • Genre ...
  • (Kindle-specific) A masthead image is generated for the TOC from the catalog title.
  • Lots of bug fixes and tweaks.

Tips for catalog creation
  • To generate meaningful Genre categories, spend some time organizing your tags. Once you do this, you'll have a consistent approach to how you name your genres, and adding new titles will be much smoother.
  • When you're first building catalogs, take a look at the most recent Generate catalog job in the Jobs dialog. Select the job, then click Show job details.
    Look at the top of the log beginning with the line
    XX available genre tags in database ...
    This will tell you about the tags you're using and help you see where you can consolidate tags.
  • If your library is large and building a catalog takes a long time, consider building smaller catalogs targeting your books of active interest. For example, you could have catalogs called "My Fiction Titles" and "My Science Fiction Titles" with subsets of your library. You can have multiple catalogs in calibre and on your device.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 02-01-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 AM   #85
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
I've been trying 0.6.37 epub catalog generation.
Looks good, Number sorting: fixed, including leading "the": fixed.

One possible bug, if I open the catalog in the Calibre viewer, open "Titles", click on "Titles beginning with A" it shows the books beginning with A, click on "Titles beginning with M", for example, and it shows the books beginning with M, if I then click back on "Titles beginning with A" it does not change to A. To get back to A I need to click on a genre or date and then go back to "Titles beginning with A".
Old 02-01-2010, 09:31 AM   #86
GRiker

banjomike: I presume this is EPUB format you're viewing with the calibre viewer?

Can you test the behavior on your 505?

If it's a viewer bug, please file a ticket.

G
Old 02-01-2010, 09:35 AM   #87
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
banjomike: I presume this is EPUB format you're viewing with the calibre viewer?

Can you test the behavior on your 505?

If it's a viewer bug, please file a ticket.

G
I'll do that.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #88
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The forward and back functions in the viewer dont include TOC clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
I've been trying 0.6.37 epub catalog generation.
Looks good, Number sorting: fixed, including leading "the": fixed.

One possible bug, if I open the catalog in the Calibre viewer, open "Titles", click on "Titles beginning with A" it shows the books beginning with A, click on "Titles beginning with M", for example, and it shows the books beginning with M, if I then click back on "Titles beginning with A" it does not change to A. To get back to A I need to click on a genre or date and then go back to "Titles beginning with A".
Old 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #89
banjomike
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The forward and back functions in the viewer dont include TOC clicks.
I don't use the buttons, I clicked on the links.

On my PRS-505 the catalog works OK.

It only seems to affect reselecting the 1st letter or 1st date or 1st "recently added". The genres and descriptions sections are OK.

I have not had a chance to open a ticket yet.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #90
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Thank you for this great new facility which I used for the first time today (v6.37)

On the subject of 'Number sorting', I think there may still be a slight problem - see image

As you can see 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc don't sort correctly.

See next post

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-01-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Image failed to attach
Closed Thread

Tags
book catalog