Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #76
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathil View Post
Yeah, well, I posted it because it was the first review that came out and there had been no info about the Libra yet. You don't need to understand what is being said as long as you can see the device. There are no video reviews in English yet, AFAIK.
I don't see the point of being rude about something like this but you do you, I guess.
Mathil, I want to say GRAZIE MILLE for posting that review in my favourite language - for me, Italian is to "awful" as the Sun is to cold, as Space is to small. Just listening to it makes me more inclined to consider getting the Libra
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:54 AM   #77
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Btw, I'm sorry you don't know the language.
Riccardo had problems with the courier who delivered late and this was a preview, not a review, but I assure you that his e-reader reviews are among the best that can be found on the net.
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 06:21 AM   #78
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by perisiana View Post
Btw, I'm sorry you don't know the language.
Riccardo had problems with the courier who delivered late and this was a preview, not a review, but I assure you that his e-reader reviews are among the best that can be found on the net.
I had the sound off, he was quite pleasant to look at. As is the Kobo! I am strongly considering getting it, though I had hoped for a 6". My only question (to myself), is do I want black or white?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #79
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't speak Italian but I could understand it quite well just by context. For example, "selezionare" (sp?) while he's selecting something. If it were Chinese I'd figure he may very well have been talking about selecting things, but because many of the words are practically English it was more of a near-certainty.

"zoom paragrafo"
"fantastico"
"raffinato" (must mean refined, surely)

And so on.

But of course normally you're used to being able to put on a video review in the background like a kind of podcast.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:03 AM   #80
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
This is an inappropriately absolutist statement. Maybe you need a 13" tablet, but I don't. I happily read A4 formatted PDFs on an iPad Mini from time to time. I do have good eyesight.
Unless you have severe defects, reading glasses (spectacles) are fine. It's only 9.7" though staggeringly better resolution than a Kindle DXG. Certainly some A4 PDFs (10 pt) would be fine. I wrote 10" and only some things need 13". I use a 10" tablet and ONLY for PDFs. I found the Kindle DXG was far too slow and the low resolution meant the original Kobo Aura H2O 6.8" was actually better for the PDFs that could be read on it. I do expect the higher resolution Libra H2O will be better for PDFs, but still generally useless to read a scanned textbook, 1920s to 1960s scanned magazines and many datasheets or schematics, which is my only use of PDFs other than proof checking PDF creation for POD paper print (I use either 15" HD laptop or 4K TV plugged into laptop for that).
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2019, 08:48 AM   #81
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My only question (to myself), is do I want black or white?
I'm still mulling over that also.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:46 AM   #82
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
it's a shame about the new 7" Kobo Libra having a glass substrate. oh well maybe next time, here's hoping for a Kobo 6" with a plastic substrate. breath well and truly not held.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #83
perisiana
Connoisseur
perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.perisiana shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My only question (to myself), is do I want black or white?
Personally I'm in love with the white one
perisiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 11:06 AM   #84
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by perisiana View Post
Personally I'm in love with the white one
I'm leaning towards the white. But will I order one of their cases, and if so, what color? Black so that it blends in and MIL doesn't notice? Hmmm, decisions.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 01:24 PM   #85
tourneur
Zealot
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
14 minute review of the Libra. In French, but the best look yet.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-08-2019 at 04:54 PM. Reason: fixed youtube link
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #86
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
https://youtu.be/-smMNyUhJak

Good E readers review
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #87
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
the background appears to be grey rather than white.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:02 PM   #88
Rickky
Rickky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I just find out about this new release on a news here: https://lookgadgets.com/rakunten-ann...obo-libra-h20/
I am really interested to try the Libra H20, currently I am using Kindle Oasis. I will probably give it to my wife and buy the Libra. But for now I am waiting for reviews.
Rickky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 11:52 PM   #89
bonnerable
Connoisseur
bonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timebonnerable possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kobo Mini, Glo HD, Inkbook Prime HD, Kobo Libra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
https://youtu.be/-smMNyUhJak

Good E readers review
I was reading the review on their site and they mentioned that there is an internal microsd... wonder if it's true. Or maybe read it wrong.
bonnerable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:07 AM   #90
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnerable View Post
I was reading the review on their site and they mentioned that there is an internal microsd... wonder if it's true. Or maybe read it wrong.
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong but I believe all the Kobo ereaders have this the difference being the newer waterproof ones are soldered in to allow for the waterproofing.

The white balance looks off for the goodereader video the libra itself looks like an off white as is the background
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote