Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-11-2023, 10:59 PM   #76
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Sales End Dates
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:39 AM   #77
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
I was looking for an inexpensive IP camera to test some self-hosted security software. I needed one that supports RTSP for my testing, which my current Ring cameras don't.

I see today that Amazon has a 23% off Prime Day price on a suitable el-cheapo test camera for $22.99 (regularly $29.99) Too bad I already bought that same camera yesterday, at a non-Prime Day price of ... $22.99.

I wouldn't consider anything on Prime Day a DEAL unless you know what the price of the thing was YESTERDAY, before Prime Day.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 02:08 AM   #78
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFlanny View Post
Unfortunately, no Prime Day deals, but you can gift yourself a subscription: amazon.com/kindleunlimitedgift. I went with the 2 year deal, as it saves you the most.
Thanks for this. I have about 9 months before I need to renew, so I can wait and see if a better deal shows up in the mean time (e.g. Black Friday).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 04:36 AM   #79
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAFlanny View Post
Unfortunately, no Prime Day deals, but you can gift yourself a subscription: amazon.com/kindleunlimitedgift. I went with the 2 year deal, as it saves you the most.
Thanks for that!
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 09:20 AM   #80
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I haven't seen anything that tempts me to participate this year.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2023, 10:39 AM   #81
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Aside from Acorn & PBS, all I got was another 4-pack of Kasa smart plugs for $21. I have several Kasa switches and plugs now and they've worked well so far, much more reliable than smart bulbs if I don't need the colors or dimming.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 10:42 AM   #82
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
I was looking for an inexpensive IP camera to test some self-hosted security software. I needed one that supports RTSP for my testing, which my current Ring cameras don't.

I see today that Amazon has a 23% off Prime Day price on a suitable el-cheapo test camera for $22.99 (regularly $29.99) Too bad I already bought that same camera yesterday, at a non-Prime Day price of ... $22.99.

I wouldn't consider anything on Prime Day a DEAL unless you know what the price of the thing was YESTERDAY, before Prime Day.
How about a link to this camera?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:19 PM   #83
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
While Amazon.ca doesn't seem to be as enthused about Prime Day as Amazon.com, I checked my list and basically, there were no bargains to be found. Oddly, two items were on Prime Day sales for the same price that they were a week ago. I picked up one item from BestBuy.ca since they were $10 cheaper than Amazon and was available in store.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 01:32 PM   #84
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinmaan View Post
Boooo!!! Hiiiisssss!!! Amazon replaced slo-mo digital credits with 7% cash back. Lame! I ended up not ordering half of what I was planning, except for things that are on special. Amazon loses yet again.
Odd, I got a $2 slow shipping digital credit yesterday with my order. All the stuff I bought was showing Prime Day discounts.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:08 PM   #85
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I checked a few things I bought on Amazon and found some to be no better deal. The price went up so the discount looks good. The end price was no better then pre-prime day.

You do have to know what you are doing or you'll get ripped-off.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:20 PM   #86
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
We will avoid discussing the various scammers trying to get in on Prime Day. Not sure if MobileRead needs that level of vitriol.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 06:30 PM   #87
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
How about a link to this camera?
Here is the one I bought (indoor model):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09YL5G1Y8

If you are looking for an inexpensive one that allows you to remotely pan and tilt it, then the sibling to the above fixed position camera is (indoor model):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y8TLP25

Or the outdoor version (even though it's WiFi, you still have to run a power cord to it, just like the above two cameras - it is not battery powered):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08LHG2W7Y

The clarity of the video for the camera I bought is good. The default is 1920x1080, but you can change that in the settings to 2304x1296. Colors seem a little washed out, BUT I have the camera sitting on a window sill looking at the outside through a dirty glass window, and into the sun. Those are not ideal conditions for showing off video quality! I have not tried the sound - speaker and mic - because I don't need that functionality. Nor have I tried the infrared LED for nighttime illumination - another functionality I do not need. Nor the microSD card (you have to buy that separately) - I don't need that functionality either. Nor the motion detecting and alerting - you guessed it, more functionality that I don't need.

So I am ONLY commenting on the clarity of the video, which as I said, is good. This is a fixed focus camera. You can zoom the image, but it's a digital zoom only, not optical, so when you zoom in the clarity goes down - just like when you zoom an image on your computer to more magnification than 1:1.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 07:16 PM   #88
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Had to laugh when I saw a "deal" for a 1TB external HDD for $50 and another for a Crucial 1TB external SSD for only $5 more.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:26 PM   #89
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

at 8:21PM ET received notice that I didn't get the invite for the $100 43" 4K TV. So the consolation offer is a crappy 32" 720p TV for $100, but I remember seeing yesterday a 32" 1080p TV for $80.
Old 07-12-2023, 10:01 PM   #90
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
I got the notice that I didn't get the invite for the headphones, and I got the offer of the 32" fire TV as a consolation. Not sure how the two equate, but ok.
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote