Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-06-2016, 10:19 PM   #76
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
SALE - The Flame and the Flower by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Currently $1.99
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:21 AM   #77
briefcandles
Connoisseur
briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.briefcandles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Scribd has added a whole bunch of Harlequin (series and single titles), Avon and Carina Press titles including some fairly recent ones. I spotted a Christmas historical romance anthology that only came out last month.
briefcandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 05:52 AM   #78
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I've started the process to renew my Brooklyn Library card. I think it's a much better deal than Scribd. I had to borrow the money but it's well worth it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:25 AM   #79
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre 1, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle, Kobo Libre Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I've started the process to renew my Brooklyn Library card. I think it's a much better deal than Scribd. I had to borrow the money but it's well worth it.
I completely agree. I use it way more than FLP (which is free to me). And they are extremely good about buying requested books!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:07 AM   #80
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Brooklyn has been very responsive with my recommendations. Only problem is when they purchase in bulk and they tell me I have four books available to me at the same time (has happened twice) ... not complaining though. OFF goes the WiFi. They have a bigger catalog than my local Overdrive, too.

I'd never read Mary Balogh and am slowly reading my way through her backlist, most available through Brooklyn.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #81
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyrite View Post

I'd never read Mary Balogh and am slowly reading my way through her backlist, most available through Brooklyn.
Oh you are in for a treat. I haven't read all of her books but I loved the ones I did read.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #82
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh you are in for a treat. I haven't read all of her books but I loved the ones I did read.
I blame it on the SBTB blog. Course, I can blame most of my TBR on various blogs.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:50 AM   #83
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It really is worth it. I dropped the FLP a while back, the Philly one and now Brooklyn is the only one I pay for. I have access to 3 total now. My local one though is very thin when it comes to decent romance. But just recently I found out I could join the Houston Library for free as a texas resident. I never knew. They have a nice selection also.

Best thing I done was put the library extension on chrome. Now when I am on a amazon book page and a goodreads book page, it pulls up the options of all 3 libraries right there on the page.

This year I'll be heavily using the library and reading the books I already own, of which there are many. I have books from 2008 still and I am not going to buy a lot of stuff anymore. Some of the stuff I bought years ago, I am not sure if I am even wanting to read now. Thankfully I got also a lot of historicals, back list and then new stuff that I will always want to read. But I think it was 2011-13 where I went nuts with the sales.

And copyrite, what a treat with Balogh. I still have a few left, but read most of the older stuff I really loved. When are we old enough to forget things so I can read them again. ?
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #84
copyrite
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
And copyrite, what a treat with Balogh. I still have a few left, but read most of the older stuff I really loved. When are we old enough to forget things so I can read them again. ?
The problem is I started with the more recent Simply Quartet, and realized there were background characters that had their own books! ARGH!

And then I have to throw a couple obligatory KU books in there every month.

Yep, I could read fulltime if given the chance (actually have taken PTO this week just to knock down my hours).
Old 01-07-2016, 10:03 AM   #85
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Best thing I done was put the library extension on chrome. Now when I am on a amazon book page and a goodreads book page, it pulls up the options of all 3 libraries right there on the page.
You can try the overdrive plugin in calibre. It's very good for checking when new books appear at the libraries.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:05 AM   #86
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Wow, thanks for mentioning that. Trying it now.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 AM   #87
copyrite
Wizard

I had the Amazon extension but didn't realize there was a Goodreads version. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:18 AM   #88
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
I had the Amazon extension but didn't realize there was a Goodreads version. Thanks!
Once its installed, it works on both sites. I didn't know that either until the box popped up. Now it does take another page refresh to pull that up so it might be annoying to some. I got used to it and it helps so much.

You just have to add your libraries into the thingy. Assuming they are there and available. All 3 of mine were. I don't check the paperbook only the ebooks. It comes up after the extension is in and you click on the little logo in the browser bar area on the right.

Terisa, I tried fiddling with that overdrive plug in a while back and could not get it to work. I barely can figure out the bare bone use of calibre. I also don't have that computer running all the time and I am more often on my netbook so the extension is always there for me.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 10:44 AM   #89
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I started reading her backlist in 2013 and plan to continue. I forget which book I am on. With hubby not working my reading time is limited again.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #90
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It really is worth it. I dropped the FLP a while back, the Philly one and now Brooklyn is the only one I pay for. I have access to 3 total now. My local one though is very thin when it comes to decent romance. But just recently I found out I could join the Houston Library for free as a texas resident. I never knew. They have a nice selection also.

This year I'll be heavily using the library and reading the books I already own, of which there are many. I have books from 2008 still and I am not going to buy a lot of stuff anymore. Some of the stuff I bought years ago, I am not sure if I am even wanting to read now. Thankfully I got also a lot of historicals, back list and then new stuff that I will always want to read. But I think it was 2011-13 where I went nuts with the sales.
I can't justify buying books when we need so many things. The library is the best option for me. My local library only carries recent titles and their overdrive selection is next to nothing so for $50 a year for Brooklyn and I do have FLP I can get a title if I need it most of what I read isn't popular so I don't have to wait long. I also concur that they are great buying books you recommend.