Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-04-2023, 12:53 AM   #811
skil-phil
Connoisseur
skil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animalsskil-phil is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle pw10
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Text Padding on the dimensions tab.
There is no specific setting for Title <> Author. It just adjusts the spacing
skil-phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 11:31 PM   #812
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Generate Cover v2.3.4

Release Notes
https://github.com/kiwidude68/calibr...e_cover-v2.3.4
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 12:01 PM   #813
MerryEl
MerryEl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (3rd gen)
I've been trying to figure out how to change the font color from the default setting of black to other colors (IE: white, etc)? I don't see any method to achieve this in the fonts tab of the plugin. I am looking for this because my customized covers are on a black background for dark mode reasons. The black font is lost on the black covers.
MerryEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 12:05 PM   #814
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerryEl View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to change the font color from the default setting of black to other colors (IE: white, etc)? I don't see any method to achieve this in the fonts tab of the plugin. I am looking for this because my customized covers are on a black background for dark mode reasons. The black font is lost on the black covers.
It is at the bottom of the Fonts tab
Note: These are HEX values The color picker is the box with the 3 dots next to the line
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 01:08 PM   #815
MerryEl

"It is at the bottom of the Fonts tab
Note: These are HEX values The color picker is the box with the 3 dots next to the line"

I understand what you are saying! The font tab displays hex values for Background, Border and Fill. There is no option to change the hex value for the font itself. What I am looking for is White text on my black background.

FYI - I love this plugin! I've created hundreds of personalized covers using it. Thank you for this capability.

Last edited by MerryEl; 06-05-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 02:43 PM   #816
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

the font color IS 'fill' (as in fill in the shape ?)
Old 06-05-2024, 02:59 PM   #817
MerryEl

I apologize for my confusion. In my mind, I would never have correlated 'fill' with 'font'. I was looking specifically for the wording 'font'. Thank you for the explanation. I'll crawl back to my corner and return to lurking mode.
Old 06-05-2024, 03:26 PM   #818
theducks
Well trained by Cats

There are outline fonts ( I wonder if that is the 'Border' as we are on the Fonts tab. a balloon help might convey more on these settings)
Old 06-05-2024, 05:11 PM   #819
MerryEl

"I wonder if that is the 'Border' as we are on the Fonts tab" I tried playing with this 'border' setting by setting the color to blue. Nothing happened to the fonts. So then I tried the Dimensions tab. I set the Border widths for both (Cover and Image) borders. These changes added a border to the cover and to the image. Both borders were the blue color I selected. This probably added to my confusion concerning how the 'fill' on the fonts tab worked. I was thinking of the process in Excel where 'fill' adds a grid or color to the selected cells/rows.

I appreciate the clarification as I'm trying to make covers for pulp magazines (ie: Galaxy) that feature the original cover image on a black background with the Magazine name, issue, and the date of publication.