Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 11:31 PM   #736
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hi, help please, stuck on my PW3 at step 16 after press power button it tuns on but it “freezes” at kindle boot screen, tried connecting to PC but doesn’t connect/appears, also tried reboot keep pressing power button but it reboots and keeps stuck on same screen, any chances to recovery?
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 11:41 PM   #737
doctoralvarez
Connoisseur
doctoralvarez began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Exclamation Help stuck/freeze on boot kindle screen languagebreak PW3 5.16.2.1.1

Note: already done it on my other device Oasis successfully, but not on my PW3 which I also forget to tell that have previously modded to have access on serial port, years ago with the tutorials here, so also could try to get out of stuck/freeze on boot screen by any method using this serial access if possible, thank you in advance @Nijule @Marek @anyone please
doctoralvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2024, 09:38 AM   #738
SuperLemonekPL
SuperLemonekPL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3 (7th Generation)
Hey Team,

I'm having problem getting language menu - after I have sideloaded files and resell and and send again files and pressing power on, device seems to just reboot (I guess 2 times) and starts normally asking to connect to wifi. Any advice?
SuperLemonekPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2024, 07:25 PM   #739
ivansaab
ivansaab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansaab View Post
Hello everyone.
I could use some help.
I kept my kindle PW4 (G000) off and on airplane mode for months, just waiting for a jailbreak suitable for its version. It was running 5.15.2.1. I tried the LanguageBreak on that version. All ran without errors, installed the hotfix successfully, but the MKK folder never appeared. So I updated to version 5.16.2.1 from the tutorial link and got the same result.
It won't let me install MKK separately and I'm clueless of what went wrong.

;log return on top the message "No arg passed. Select from mrpi or runme"
The log filed created is attached.

I'd really love to use KUAL on this device. Any help would be immenselly appreciated.
Please disregard message above. I got it fixed as per post #706
Please consider on step 2 of POST JAILBREAK insert an advise to try to copy hotfix again, in case MKK folder does not appear.
ivansaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 10:34 PM   #740
vivification
vivification began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 9th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althusser View Post
I would still try running the Marek hotfix first and then the NiLuJe hotfix.
I've tried this, but I still can't get it to work.
vivification is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2024, 03:02 AM   #741
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
After 2 months with the jailbreak, yesterday, my PW restarted itself after transfer some files and has been stuck rebooting not passing from the *** JAILBREAK *** screen.

I can't switch it off. Is anything that can be done?
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:06 AM   #742
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalau View Post
I can't switch it off. Is anything that can be done?
Press the power button for a long time (about 1 minute), that should help
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 05:15 AM   #743
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
@jospalau Did that happen on a PW5 aka Paperwhite 11th generation? Does it get detected on your computer over USB cable anytime between 2 reboot loops?
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:30 AM   #744
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@jospalau Did that happen on a PW5 aka Paperwhite 11th generation? Does it get detected on your computer over USB cable anytime between 2 reboot loops?
Yes, PW5. It gets detected and quickly undetected. I use Linux. I can't mount the device when is detected

Sent from my 22081212UG using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2024, 09:09 AM   #745
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@jospalau Nothing you can do to fix it yourself, if you can you will have to ask Amazon to send you a replacement.
I had 2 PW5 self-brick by a restart in similar fashion to yours. The second time it happened when the device stopped displaying screensaver images and I tried restarting it to fix those "gremlins".
Old 01-31-2024, 09:31 AM   #746
jospalau
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
@jospalau Nothing you can do to fix it yourself, if you can you will have to ask Amazon to send you a replacement.
I had 2 PW5 self-brick by a restart in similar fashion to yours. The second time it happened when the device stopped displaying screensaver images and I tried restarting it to fix those "gremlins".
Thanks for the info. It is saying *** JAILBREAK *** all the time. Not sure how willing they would be to replace it.

Straight away to the drawer then...
Old 01-31-2024, 01:22 PM   #747
shamanNS
Guru

If it doesn't mount on you computer even for a second then there is no change to try do add DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file to try and trigger factory reset and hope that fixes the issues.

It's curios that it manages to boot up to that point of starting jailbreak bridge Upstart process (that prints that *** JAILBREAK *** text, while it tried to restore various parts of jailbreak survivals setup).

That wasn't the case with my PW5 even though it was jailbreak-ed, maybe because mine had older version of jailbreak hotfix installed (since my PW5 had firmware 5.14.1.1)?
Mine doesn't even get to displaying that loading progress bar thing or print any text from jailbreak bridge, it stays on image of Amazon tree thing and reboots after 15-20s.
Of those XY seconds between two reboots my PC detects the Kindle as a removable drive with size 0 and no partitions / no file system detected for something like 3-5 seconds.

Last edited by shamanNS; 01-31-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-31-2024, 06:51 PM   #748
KinDell
KinDell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th gen
So close

Kindle 11th gen (C2V2L3) FW: 5.16.2.1.1
So, it was a success from step 1 through to 19…. With no issues and everything going as described.

Post jailbreak is where the weirdness starts. After it reboots it’s in English and not in Chinese as some of the posts suggest.

Typing ;uzb doesn’t allow a usb connection as the PC doesn’t recognise the kindle as a storage device.

If I reboot the device by holding down the power button it allows a usb connection again but if I transfer the hotfix and do an “update device” it fails, reboots then takes me into managed mode where it’s a PITA to do anything without going back into ;demo.

I can’t seem to get out of managed mode by any other means than installing a “DO_FACTORY_RESTORE” file in the root directory and doing a full wipe.
I’ve then found trying the jailbreak process again would completely fail unless I transferred the update_kindle_11th_5.16.2.1.1.bin file back to the ROOT directory and performed an update again. This seemed to get me back to a state where I can get through steps 1 to 19 again without failure.

I’m assuming when I reboot the kindle when the ;uzb step fails its causing the hotfix update failure?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
KinDell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 03:41 AM   #749
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KinDell View Post
Kindle 11th gen (C2V2L3) FW: 5.16.2.1.1
So, it was a success from step 1 through to 19…. With no issues and everything going as described.

Post jailbreak is where the weirdness starts. After it reboots it’s in English and not in Chinese as some of the posts suggest.

Typing ;uzb doesn’t allow a usb connection as the PC doesn’t recognise the kindle as a storage device.

If I reboot the device by holding down the power button it allows a usb connection again but if I transfer the hotfix and do an “update device” it fails, reboots then takes me into managed mode where it’s a PITA to do anything without going back into ;demo.

I can’t seem to get out of managed mode by any other means than installing a “DO_FACTORY_RESTORE” file in the root directory and doing a full wipe.
I’ve then found trying the jailbreak process again would completely fail unless I transferred the update_kindle_11th_5.16.2.1.1.bin file back to the ROOT directory and performed an update again. This seemed to get me back to a state where I can get through steps 1 to 19 again without failure.

I’m assuming when I reboot the kindle when the ;uzb step fails its causing the hotfix update failure?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.
The hotfix needs to be applied using the UYK button - rebooting the device forces it to trigger the initramfs updater that can't install the package
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2024, 06:16 AM   #750
KinDell
KinDell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post
The hotfix needs to be applied using the UYK button
Thanks for your reply.

Im not really understanding what the UYK button is? Searched the forum and found references but still can't really find any explanation of what it is how i can apply the Hotfix by it.
KinDell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak