Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-15-2022, 11:09 AM   #61
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
And people say there is no such thing as progress!
(I added a progress bar.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	progress.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	192780  
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 12:05 PM   #62
toryr
toryr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air
/data is empty, not quite sure what ive done here. When i push something to it it disappears on reboot.
toryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #63
toryr
toryr began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Air
Renate, great news!

I did "start recovery" and ran factory reset and now my device works as normal!!!!!!

Thank you so, so much for taking the time to help me with this, you are incredible!!
toryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 01:03 PM   #64
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
All's well that ends well!

Still, I'm wondering why the first autoupdate never finished properly.

I didn't think that a whole 1.3 GB update could fit in ramdisk, but I just tried it and it did.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 11:43 AM   #65
Smasher816
Smasher816 began at the beginning.

Device: Only Boox Leaf
Hi Renate, I have a similar issue (although with a modification to /data and not to /system)

I have an Onyx Leaf that bootloops after editing /data/system/users/0/settings_system.xml. I am able to enter recovery mode but have no fastboot/adb connection.

I have used both adb and fastboot in the past when applying a magisk patched boot.img (back when I first recieved my device). I used to be big in the XDA/TWRP/Cyanogenmod teams back in 2012 so i'm fairly comfortable with most workflows.

Do you know of a way to get into fastboot mode without having access to an adb shell? I know there is a press power button 5 times combo for recovery, but I don't know of an equivalent for fastboot. Perhaps there is something along the lines of a "USB Jig" cable like back in the old micro-usb days? I attempted to make an "EDL cable" by tying green+black together as found in another thread, but that didn't appear to do anything, perhaps because I am unable to completely shut down the tablet.

Once I have an adb shell I'd hope to mount /data (if encryption permits) and edit the settings_system.xml file. Or if unable to mount, flash a magisk module that can overwrite the file during earlyboot so that the android system can read the new values and not crash.

If you can flash custom update.zip files in the stock recovery, perhaps something like the following updater-script could work

```
getprop("ro.product.device") == "Leaf" || abort("E3004: This package is for \"Leaf\" devices; this is a \"" + getprop("ro.product.device") + "\".");
ui_print("Target: ONYX/Leaf/Leaf:10/2021-12-02_15-24_3.2_a54499c/4177:user/dev-keys");
ui_print("Mounting userdata...");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/userdata", "/data");
ui_print("Copying settings_system.xml");
show_progress(0.250000, 0);
package_extract_file("settings_system.xml", "/data/system/users/0/settings_system.xml");
ui_print("Setting permissions");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
set_perm(1000, 1000, 0644, "/data/system/users/0/settings_system.xml");
ui_print("Unmounting userdata...");
show_progress(0.750000, 0);
unmount("/data");
set_progress(1.000000);
```
Smasher816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert