Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 06:55 AM   #61
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
The keys (hover over column header) #disporder and #genre
The column headings are Author and Genre

They are both Text with series like information, so have a Text Field (collection name) and a series number (sort).
I think that there must be some confusion. At least, I am confused.

The collection sort tweak controls how a single collection is sorted. It does not control how the set of collections is sorted. For series-like columns, there will be a collection made for each series in the column; this cannot be changed. By default (and modulo the bug fixed in the next release), these individual collections built from series-like columns are sorted by series index.

Are you trying to do something different from this?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #62
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
No, it is not sorting by series index, it is sorting by Title, alphabetically. On both my PRS 650 and PRS-600.

So a have the column disporder (titled Author). I did a author series in that column. Say David Baldacci. Under his name, I assign each book a series number, 1 - 10. I upload the books to the reader, and I get a collection titled "David Baldacci (Author)". But when I open this collection, the books are ordered alphabetically by title, NOT by the series number.

In my case, I have a second column called genre (title Genre). If I make a genre SciFi and order the books in that group in some order, again, I get a collection called, "ScFi (Genre)" but the books are ordered alphabetically.

BTW I am NOT created collections based on the Author(s) column that is standard for Calibre, as it ends up making separate collections for second and third authors.

But for collections series created based on the Series column, they are correctly sorted by series number.

So it is treating collections created from Series differently than the collections created from user defined columns that are series like (have a series number).
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #63
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
No, it is not sorting by series index, it is sorting by Title, alphabetically. On both my PRS 650 and PRS-600.
Are you using calibre 0.7.36, released about 2 hours ago? That is the release that fixes (I think) the custom series index bug.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #64
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just updated, and now updated to .37 ( )

I will test today.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:27 PM   #65
Pinecone
Guru

OK, I tried sending the metadata to the reader with .36

SUCCESS.

Thanks.
Advert