Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 01:19 AM   #61
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Are the skins any good? Are they really worth having to protect it or is it just a way to customize the Kindle?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Ive been looking at this one for awhile now but I dont know whether or not its worth the money.
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 01:58 AM   #62
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVash View Post
Are the skins any good? Are they really worth having to protect it or is it just a way to customize the Kindle?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Ive been looking at this one for awhile now but I dont know whether or not its worth the money.
the biggest thing for me is that it makes my Kindle instantly identifiable in case it is left somewhere and I can give a description in case it has either been stolen, or that there might be a situation there are more than one Kindle and things are unsettled. I've worked most of my adult life in a construction related field (telecommunications installation) it is a little bit odd as "women are not supposed to have tools". I learned long ago to put stickers on my tools, and the more girly and frilly the better (and I am not very frilly). among other things, men do not like to be seen poking around in a pink tool bag and then using the tools with the butterflies and kittens on it. the whole mindset has extended to my electronic devices. it works!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2011, 04:41 AM   #63
stop__dreaming
Addict
stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stop__dreaming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
quite lovely and soothing!

if it is on photobucket without a copyright notice and you are not making money off of it, I think you are fine.

welcome to the forums!
Thanks for the tip!
stop__dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #64
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that's a lovely skin! all of decal girls skins can cover the keys. I think they intend for you to peel them off but you certainly don't need to. I left all but the keys unique to the kindle on mine. it is after all, a qwerty
Thanks! I might just do that then.
teadonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:10 AM   #65
MarkCanuck
MarkCanuck began at the beginning.

Question Tardis Skin?

Anyone happen to know if there is a Tardis or Doctor Who skin available for the Kindle 3?

Thanks
MarkCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 AM   #66
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCanuck View Post
Anyone happen to know if there is a Tardis or Doctor Who skin available for the Kindle 3?

Thanks
welcome to the forums!

haven't a clue! but if you have a good image and can send it to decalgirl you can at least get a skin that is Doctor Who related!
Old 01-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #67
MarkCanuck
MarkCanuck began at the beginning.

Cool, thanks for the welcome and thanks for the answer kindlekitten, I'll give it a try
MarkCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #68
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I'd love to see the result if you give it a shot! ;o)
Old 01-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #69
froggie731
Enthusiast
froggie731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
DecalGirl posted this on their facebook this morning!

DecalGirl as promised - the promotion for the weekend is 25% off all non-custom skins from a credited artist (those with a gallery in our "Shop By Artist"). Use the discount code ARTIST25 - not valid on prior orders, can't be combined with any other offer and it expires at Midnight Eastern time on Sunday, January 16th. Enjoy!
froggie731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:20 PM   #70
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
Thanks! I've been trying to decide on which skin to buy for my Nook. At one time had 8 in my cart. This promo made up my mind for me - Cosmic Flower it is!
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #71
teadonkey
Zealot
teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teadonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Question about the sale - How can I tell if the skin I want is part of the sale? Without searching through every single artist to try and find it, I mean. Usually, I search by patterns!
Old 01-14-2011, 05:55 PM   #72
ahmadnz
ahmadnz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
^^
Find "Shop by artist" and it's anything there. Or put it in your cart, apply the discount code, and it will tell you if it's not in the sale.

Can someone please tell me if anyone apart from Decalgirl does MATTE skins?

Also does anyone apart from Decalgirl have skins that go "to the edge" of the keys rather than having a large cutout for the entire keyboard (like gelaskins)?

Sounds like Decalgirl has what I want (matte, and skin that goes to the edge of each key) but they are being a little annoying IMO by not allowing me to mix and match the skin fronts and backs from their pre-existing designs when they do do custom orders (they refused a custom order mixing design "A" with design "B" saying I would have to buy both skins from their site).
ahmadnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #73
teadonkey
Zealot

Wonderful. (: Thanks, ahmadnz! I couldn't really figure how to find it by artist but I did try just applying the coupon, and it works. Too bad we can't use the coupon buying through Amazon!
Old 01-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #74
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnz View Post
^^
Find "Shop by artist" and it's anything there. Or put it in your cart, apply the discount code, and it will tell you if it's not in the sale.

Can someone please tell me if anyone apart from Decalgirl does MATTE skins?

Also does anyone apart from Decalgirl have skins that go "to the edge" of the keys rather than having a large cutout for the entire keyboard (like gelaskins)?

Sounds like Decalgirl has what I want (matte, and skin that goes to the edge of each key) but they are being a little annoying IMO by not allowing me to mix and match the skin fronts and backs from their pre-existing designs when they do do custom orders (they refused a custom order mixing design "A" with design "B" saying I would have to buy both skins from their site).
skinit has the same type of layout. I don't think they have matte if that is what you want. I was extremely unhappy with my last order from them
Old 01-14-2011, 11:48 PM   #75
NVash
Wandering Vagabond
NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NVash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Is there a real difference between the High-Gloss coating and the Matte/Satin coating?
NVash is offline   Reply With Quote