Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2024, 10:43 AM   #721
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
TI have an Oasis 3 version 10
I'm stuck in Chinese...I have no clue how to get out of there.

I used google translate and the error message is something about to much battery power an not be able to reboot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17053368443717384177963603088859.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	205824  

Last edited by Ortep; 01-15-2024 at 11:49 AM.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:27 PM   #722
Althusser
Althusser began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Marek replied to another user that this is because the files were not copied correctly.
Althusser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2024, 01:27 PM   #723
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thanks, it seems that it worked now
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:23 PM   #724
edonor
edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'edonor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
version 5.16.5 ?

Buenas tardes.
He comprado hace unos dia el paperwhite 11 gen 2021
y se me ha actualizado a la version 5.16.5
tengo posibilidad de hacer Jailebreak actualmente??
Muchas gracias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marek View Post

LanguageBreak
Jailbreak for any kindle running FW 5.16.2.1.1 or LOWER

You can also attempt the "one-click" method described here: https://github.com/notmarek/LanguageBreak/tree/oneclick

Do not update past 5.16.2.1.1 even after jailbreak, there have been big changes since and everything is broken, only thing you can do on these versions is downgrade (if your jailbreak survived).

Big thanks to Bluebotlabs for all the help along the way and GeorgeYellow and bulltricks for bringing the vulnerability to light

Buenas tardes
He comprado hace unos dias el paperwhite 11 gen 2021 y se me ha actualizado a la versio 5.16.5. puedo hacer Jailebreak de alguna forma actualmente??
Muchas gracias.

The attached file should always be up-to-date but i recommend using the one found here

Make sure to remove any kind of password lock - if you forget to this and are stuck on the password screen enter 111222777 and the kindle will factory reset.

Your files will be deleted make sure to make a backup.

Installation

Make sure to read the entirety of the instructions before proceeding.

First and foremost make sure that there are no stray .bin files or update.bin.tmp.partial files on the kindle before beginning
Jailbreak
Code:
1. Type ;enter_demo in the Kindle search bar
2. Reboot the device
3. Once in demo mode, skip setting up wifi and enter random values for store registration
4. Skip searching for a demo payload
5. Select the "standard" demo type
6. Press "Done" at the prompt to sideload content.
7. Once the demo is setup, do the "secret gesture" (double finger tap on bottom right of screen then swipe left)
8. Enter the demo configuration menu by typing ;demo into the search bar
9. Select the "Sideload Content" option
10. Copy the contents of the LanguageBreak folder to the Kindle - merging and replacing all files
11. Unplug your kindle and go back to the demo menu
12. Select the "Resell Device" option
13. And press Yes/Resell
14. Now wait for the press power button to start
15. As soon as it appears plug your kindle back to your computer and copy the contents of the LanguageBreak folder into it once again, overwrite files then safely eject
16. Hold the power button as instructed on screen
17. You should be in a language selection menu in a few seconds
18. Choose Chinese (简体中文) (The one above the odd Pseudot language)
19. Your kindle should reboot and you should see some log message on the screen
Post Jailbreak

Code:
1. After the device has rebooted, type ;uzb into the search bar
2. Connect the device to a PC and copy update_hotfix_languagebreak-{language you want to end up with}.bin to the root of the Kindle storage
3. Eject the device and either enter ;dsts or swipe down and select the settings icon to enter the device settings menu
4. Select Update Your Kindle to install the custom hotfix
5. This will take your device out of demo mode and clean up unneeded jailbreak files.
Post Post Jailbreak
Code:
Stuck in chinese, demo or device is managed after jailbreak?
All you need to do is 
;demo => press the right button it should "enter demo" but it will actually reset into normal mode with English 
After this check if you have mkk folder on your kindle - if it's missing reinstall the hotfix and have fun :)
Troubleshooting
Can't seem to get it to work?
Spoiler:
Download the update file of the kindle version you are currently on from amazon install it and try again.

for example you can use this link by replacing the Xs with your version to get a file for you kindle
Code:
PW5: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_11th_5.XX.X.bin
PW4: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_v2_5.XX.X.bin
PW3: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.XX.X.bin
Kindle 11th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_11th_5.XX.X.bin
Kindle 10th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_10th_5.XX.X.bin
Kindle 8th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_8th_5.XX.X.bin
Scribe: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_scribe_5.XX.X.bin
Oasis 10th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_oasis_v2_5.XX.X.bin
Oasis 9th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_oasis_5.XX.X.bin
Oasis 8th Gen: https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_oasis_5.XX.X.bin
eg version 5.16.2.1.1 for PW4 would be https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredow...5.16.2.1.1.bin

Consider buying me a coffee
edonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:19 AM   #725
joh77
joh77 began at the beginning.

Device: KO3
Hi,
Does anyone remember what was the last software version before the new UI?
joh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 09:30 AM   #726
Scrad
Scrad began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by joh77 View Post
Hi,
Does anyone remember what was the last software version before the new UI?
IIRC it was 5.14.2 or anything below that, or maybe 5.14.3 or smth
Scrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:10 PM   #727
amaru1337
amaru1337 began at the beginning.

Device: KindleWP4
Hi, I have the following problem, I'm stuck on the last step, when installing the Update_hotfix. When I select one, I get the error 'Update Failed, Sorry, something went wrong.' I can't get past this point. Does anyone know what I can do?

Kindle 10th
Firmware 5.16.2.1.1
amaru1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:03 PM   #728
Uncurious0914
Uncurious0914 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th Gen Basic
Please some one help

Hi, I was trying to JB using the languagebreak method. However I did not suceed, and now I am stuck in this demo mode with chinease langauge. Whatver I do, I just can not exist this demo mode.
Things I have tried
1) enter_demo then restart then ;demo and the resell device, but after this again i am booted into chinease demo mode
2) reset device
3) flashed english langauge hotfix file, still nothing

Do I need to manually flash its firmware and then start again, ?

Uncurious0914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 07:50 PM   #729
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Double & cross-posting won't help you get help any faster. Don't do it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 10:58 PM   #730
kindlehater
kindlehater began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Thank Marek for the great tutorial.

My kindle is PW3, firmware 5.16.2.1.1. I used one click method, and I've done successfully Jailbreak, and Downgrade to 5.11.2, because I hate the new UI with the Home page filled with ads that I found so intrusive.

I'd like to list my steps of one click method because I found the tutorial somewhat not clear enough for me at first.

- After step 8 of one click method with the log screen in Chinese. Click the left button which means close. Then, the kindle will be in the demo mode with Chinese language, which means the kindle is jailbroken. Then do the Post jailbreak and Post Post jailbreak steps.

- If ;uzb does not return anything or the kindle is not recognized when plugged in pc, then, hold the power button to restart the kindle. Then, the kindle will show the screen with Chinese words which means configure device. Then, do the secret gesture which requires touching the bottom right with two fingers simultaneously, not double tap like double click your mouse, to get into the home screen. Then do the Post jailbreak and Post Post jailbreak steps.

I read that the new UI is from firmware 5.14, so I chose 5.11.

Last edited by kindlehater; 01-23-2024 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Update result.
kindlehater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 05:29 AM   #731
Elgram
Elgram began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Hello everyone , first post here!
First of all, thanks for the hard work to get to this JailBreak !

I have an issue that i don't really understand on Kindle Scribe 15.16.2.0.1
I followed the wiki, but some odd stuff happened :

- Step 6 : After pressing "Done", KPPMainApp error message appears, then leads to a broken demo mode ( ;commands does nothing and after few seconds redirects on home screen). Needs a restart to work correctly.

- Step 14 : Tested several times and the fastest as possible but it always acts the same.
Connect, transfer, safely eject, disconnect KS then wait for 2min.
Within the 2min, KS reboots itself, no language select, no jailbreak log during startup. Startup ends on "Setup your kindle" in English (previous language was French), no log file created. After setting up, Jailbreak files are still on the device.

On each try, I did a factory reset on the KS.
I've never been able to select Chinese as the device language.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Last edited by Elgram; 01-23-2024 at 05:30 AM. Reason: More details
Elgram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 08:25 PM   #732
MrKaon
MrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enoughMrKaon will become famous soon enough

Device: KV, PW5
Thanks to everyone here; I spent some time reading most posts here, refreshing my memory of when I did jailbreak Kindle Voyage.

Path to KO Reader (PW5 11th)
Steps I took:
  1. Upgrade Firmware to 5.16.2.1.1
  2. JailBreak (One-Click didn't work)
  3. NiLuJe K5 Jailbreak Hot Fix
  4. MRPI Installer
  5. KUAL Coplate
  6. KUAL Extensions:
    1. Helper
    2. Rename OTA bin (Prevent future firmware update)
    3. Coversetter

All are working great, connected to WiFi and wirelessly to Calibre for book transfer.
MrKaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 09:01 AM   #733
moshin
moshin began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Air 3C, Kindly PW 7th Gen
Can't get out of Managed Mode without wiping everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgram View Post
Hello everyone , first post here!
First of all, thanks for the hard work to get to this JailBreak !

I have an issue that i don't really understand on Kindle Scribe 15.16.2.0.1
I followed the wiki, but some odd stuff happened :

- Step 6 : After pressing "Done", KPPMainApp error message appears, then leads to a broken demo mode ( ;commands does nothing and after few seconds redirects on home screen). Needs a restart to work correctly.

- Step 14 : Tested several times and the fastest as possible but it always acts the same.
Connect, transfer, safely eject, disconnect KS then wait for 2min.
Within the 2min, KS reboots itself, no language select, no jailbreak log during startup. Startup ends on "Setup your kindle" in English (previous language was French), no log file created. After setting up, Jailbreak files are still on the device.

On each try, I did a factory reset on the KS.
I've never been able to select Chinese as the device language.

Thanks in advance for your help !

I have a paperwhite 3, and I had a very similar experience. MANY attempts, but I finally got pretty far last night before hitting a new frustrating problem (More on that below)

I think things went sideways (guessing) either because I didnt have airplane mode on when starting, and/or when, after selecting reselling device to not copy over the files and eject safely, or after the KPP crash I would force a reboot.

Eventually last night I was able to pull it off. So hang in there, keep trying.
I thought I would never get the weird Psuedot button even when I thought it was working, but eventually I did.

I got everything dialed in and installed it was great. But I couldn't get it out of managed mode. When i ;demo to get out of manage mode it wipes all the of CFW/JB/KUAL everything.

so close, yet so far away.

Anyone know how I can NOT lose everything and still somehow get out of the managed mode.

Thanks in advance
moshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 12:42 PM   #734
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshin View Post
I have a paperwhite 3, and I had a very similar experience. MANY attempts, but I finally got pretty far last night before hitting a new frustrating problem (More on that below)

I think things went sideways (guessing) either because I didnt have airplane mode on when starting, and/or when, after selecting reselling device to not copy over the files and eject safely, or after the KPP crash I would force a reboot.

Eventually last night I was able to pull it off. So hang in there, keep trying.
I thought I would never get the weird Psuedot button even when I thought it was working, but eventually I did.

I got everything dialed in and installed it was great. But I couldn't get it out of managed mode. When i ;demo to get out of manage mode it wipes all the of CFW/JB/KUAL everything.

so close, yet so far away.

Anyone know how I can NOT lose everything and still somehow get out of the managed mode.

Thanks in advance
You WILL lose everything you aren't supposed to install kual until you have finished the jailbreak (exiting managed mode is part of the process) so just exit managed mode and start over (starting with reinstalling the hotfix)
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 06:56 PM   #735
ivansaab
ivansaab began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4th generation
MKK folder won't appear after successful hotfix install

Hello everyone.
I could use some help.
I kept my kindle PW4 (G000) off and on airplane mode for months, just waiting for a jailbreak suitable for its version. It was running 5.15.2.1. I tried the LanguageBreak on that version. All ran without errors, installed the hotfix successfully, but the MKK folder never appeared. So I updated to version 5.16.2.1 from the tutorial link and got the same result.
It won't let me install MKK separately and I'm clueless of what went wrong.

;log return on top the message "No arg passed. Select from mrpi or runme"
The log filed created is attached.

I'd really love to use KUAL on this device. Any help would be immenselly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: gz all_logs_as_of_Sat_Jan_27_2024_23_22_44.tar.gz (5.00 MB, 16 views)
ivansaab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak