Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #616
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
Sorry for posting again so soon - but I just found another freebie. The Kindle release date for this one is also today (the paperback is scheduled to be released Nov 24 '09).

With Extreme Pleasure
by Alison Kent
http://www.amazon.com/With-Extreme-P...630691&sr=1-57
No reviews yet (just released today)
$FREE (The paperback, with a release date of Nov 24, has a pre-order price of $10.08)

Product Description
Only Something This Dangerous. . .
After three weeks in Manhattan, Kingdom Trahan is ready to get back to bayous, crawfish boils, and afternoons fishing on the Gulf. But before he can pull out of the parking garage, he meets a curvy detour. King noticed Cady Kowalski on the photo shoot he just endured--sexy and confident, with a waifish look that belies the way she corralled him into submission using only a can of hairspray. Yet Cady isn't confident now. She's bruised, edgy, and desperate to get out of town. . .

Could Feel This Good. . .
For years, Cady has been looking over her shoulder, wondering when the gang of drug-running criminals who killed her brother would make their move on her. She's grown used to having no one to turn to, no one to trust. But King isn't walking away--not even when their lives are threatened, again and again. Drawing Cady's pursuers out of hiding is the only way to end this, and it's also the most reckless thing they can do. . .short of diving into a red-hot affair from which there's no turning back. . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! I just found two more freebies. So I'll add them here:

House Of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure #6)
by R. A. Montgomery
http://www.amazon.com/House-Danger-C...631444&sr=1-77
~4 out of 5 stars, based on 5 reviews
$FREE (paperback is $5.99)

Product Description
Is there evil in a modern glass house built on the site of a terrible Civil War prison? You think there is. This is one case that maybe you shouldn-t take. Despite your successes as a young detective, the house and its missing owner have haunted you more than any other case. Maybe this is a sign you shouldn't continue? Are there spirits and resurrected soldiers in the basement seeking revenge on their wartime enemies? Will they mistake you for the general who landed them in prison in the first place? No knowledge of American history could prepare you for what you're about to encounter now! Unimaginable dangers, including alternate worlds and half-human baboons, await you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Catered Birthday Party
by Isis Crawford
http://www.amazon.com/A-Catered-Birt...631712&sr=1-72
No reviews yet
$FREE (the hardcover is $14.96)

Product Description
When sisters Bernie and Libby Simmons sign on to cater a prize pooch's birthday bash, they think they're ready for anything. But they haven't bargained for a killer with a bone to pick . . .
A Little Taste of Heaven catering certainly knows how to feed people. Dogs, however. . .? Bernie and Libby will have their chance to impress guests of the four-legged variety when they lay out the spread for Trudy the Pug's birthday luncheon. But this isn't just any doggie 'do. Trudy's owner, Annabel Colbert, is one of the richest women in town--and as mascot of the Colbert toy company, Trudy herself is a bona fide celebrity.

When the big day arrives, Trudy and her canine cohorts are ready to dig in to the delicacies--but the first to dip her fangs into the wine is Annabel. Mere moments later, the hostess is shrieking she's been poisoned--and proving it by falling face first into her soup. After two days in a coma, Annabel is dead.

It seems the woman who had everything also had her share of enemies. In fact, Annabel was cheating, blackmailing, or backstabbing most of the people she knew, including her very own best friend, her very own husband, his personal assistant, and last but not least, Trudy's trainer and kennel owner.

With so many suspects, sniffing out the truth is rapidly becoming a tricky, not to mention risky, proposition. Bernie and Libby had better close the oven on this case fast--before they get burned. . .

Last edited by Xia; 11-19-2009 at 06:59 AM. Reason: To add 2 more free books
Old 11-19-2009, 06:51 AM   #617
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
Sorry for posting again so soon - but I just found another freebie. The Kindle release date for this one is also today (the paperback is scheduled to be released Nov 24 '09).

. .[/I]
hey! no apologies needed when it comes to free reads!!! (even though it is a romance! )
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #618
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
hey! no apologies needed when it comes to free reads!!! (even though it is a romance! )
I know! Just what we need, more free romance books! But seriously, I know there a lot of people that like them, so I'm happy for those folks.

But check out the other two I added later with an edit - neither of them are romance. I'm actually really interested in the "Choose Your Own Adventure" one; I want to see how that works out on the Kindle.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:48 AM   #619
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Well, I need them Anyway, I was interested in the third one (I was envious, it was free at Sony shop ) Thank you, thank you
Old 11-19-2009, 08:30 AM   #620
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
I know! Just what we need, more free romance books! But seriously, I know there a lot of people that like them, so I'm happy for those folks.

But check out the other two I added later with an edit - neither of them are romance. I'm actually really interested in the "Choose Your Own Adventure" one; I want to see how that works out on the Kindle.
you sneaky thing! thanks for putting those in there... but, just a suggestion... in the future, you may want to do a whole new post when you do that. if you hadn't of said someting about adding to that one, I would have missed it entirely!
Advert
Old 11-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #621
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Added

With Extreme Pleasure by Alison Kent [Romance]

House Of Danger (Choose Your Own Adventure #6) by R. A. Montgomery [Young Adult]

A Catered Birthday Party by Isis Crawford [Mystery]

Immortal: Book 3 by V.K. Forrest [Paranormal Romance]

Quote:

Yeah, I'm really curious about that Choose Your Own Adventure book. Great find.

Last edited by Sporadic; 11-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #622
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Shit, Xia already listed it and I missed it.

Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by Sporadic; 11-19-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #623
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:

I, for one am glad that it is Romance! Thanks Xia for all the freebies!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #624
Sporadic
Banned

Thanks to 12 over at KindleBoards for the tip on this one.

Added Self-Published

The Feathery by Bill Flynn - $0.99 [Golf Murder Mystery]

Quote:
The Feathery plot centers around a unique type of golf ball used during a record match at St. Andrews, Scotland in 1849. It starts with a description of that golf match and how a feathery ball was made using 1849 technology.
Fast forward to the 21st century where the story is set in San Diego, London, New York, Scotland and Ireland The game of golf blends with mystery and suspence surrounding an obsession so strong by some to own this valuable feathery golf ball that they'll even commit murder to satisfy it.
The owner of feathery, Scott Beckman, is a PGA touring professional who inherits the ball from his mentor, Sandy McNair, a decendent of that record setting St. Andrews player, Hugh McNair. Sandy was the club pro who had steared Scott and his friend, Matt Kemp away from trouble when they were teenagers. Sandy takes them under his wing teaches Scott the game of golf and Matt how to be the best caddie. They start out on tour after passing the grueling test of Q-School, but fail to make expenses. Scott reluctantly submits the feathery to a London auction. After he does so he starts winning and earning. He then pulls the feathery out of the auction much to the chagrin of a few scrupulous collectors and who are still determined to possess it by any means to include robbery, murder and kidnapping.
Scott leaves the solution of the crimes up to Chief Inspector Trevor Bradshaw of Scotland Yard and Francis X. Riley of the NYPD while he competes at the British open in Turnberry, Scotland against hot competition. He is leading when his best friend and caddie Matt Kemp is abducted and a threatening note is sent to Scott with a piece of Matt's ear lobe. The note tells him to withdraw from the tournament or more mutilation will occur.

Last edited by Sporadic; 11-20-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #625
Xia
Zealot

Free for Kindle (as of 11/20/09)

Here's a free Christian romance Kindle book:

The Renovation: Carter Mansion (Project Restoration Series, Book 1)
by Terri Kraus
http://www.amazon.com/Renovation-Man...8775136&sr=1-1
~5 out of 5 stars, based on 6 reviews
$FREE

Product Description (from amazon)
Ethan Willis has made a career out of restoring old houses like the Carter Mansion so he’s an expert with doors and windows. He knows his way around a toolbox, a construction site, and anything else having to do with rebuilding. If only he could do the same with his own life. Tragically widowed and left with a young son, he’s done the best he could, but now that Chase has become a teenager that best somehow isn’t quite good enough.

For his part, Chase doesn’t know what he’d do without baseball, his best friend Elliott and the secret hideaway even his dad doesn’t know about. What he does know is that the reporter lady who suddenly started chatting with his dad can’t be a good thing.

In a small town where everyone knows everything, does an outsider—a young, cute, ambitious reporter-kind-of-outsider like Cameron Dane—even have a prayer of getting to know the handsome but moody builder? Does it matter that they both hold secrets from their pasts? And can Chase ever be freed from the hidden guilt of his mother’s death? Only time, and a special kind of patience, will tell.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 AM   #626
Xia
Zealot

2 New Kindle Freebies (as of 11/21/09)

Here are 2 new freebies in the (US) Kindle store. Also, I just checked on the Sony ebook store site and they are also both free over there:

.................................................. .................................................. .

Please note: Altho amazon hasn’t issued an “explicit content” warning in the product description for this one (yet), perhaps they should have? Definitely sounds like erotica and perhaps graphic violence. So, as always, buyer beware, and sample first if any doubts.

Also - there are 2 different Kindle book listings for this title; one is free and the other is not. Hopefully I’ve correctly linked to the free one. But please double check before one-clicking.

Hotter After Midnight
by Cynthia Eden
http://www.amazon.com/Hotter-After-M...8795033&sr=1-4
~4.5 out of 5 stars, based on 16 reviews
$FREE

In her sexy and suspenseful new novel, Cynthia Eden introduces readers to a seductive world where powerful night creatures ignite dark, dangerous hungers...Dr. Emily Drake's patients tend to be a little unusual. Instead of the typical therapist's caseload of midlife crises and mother fixations, Emily treats vampires with blood phobias and sex-demons looking for meaningful relationships. But her gift for recognizing and healing the Other-those creatures of the night that most humans don't even know exist-requires a few house rules. First: Never trust a shifter. Especially not one like Detective Colin Gyth, whose gold-flecked eyes and predatory air make Emily realize how much she's been longing to lose control...Colin can't believe the doctor he's been assigned to work with on the Night Butcher murder investigation is the one person who could expose his true identity as a wolf shifter. Smart, sexy, and stubborn as hell, Emily brings out the alpha male in Colin, unleashing a wild, heady desire that takes them both over the edge.But in the shadows, the Night Butcher waits...eager to spill Emily's blood and taste her terror. And he'll use any means to destroy her, including the one person she has grown to trust...

.................................................. .................................................. ..

Dying Scream
by Mary Burton
http://www.amazon.com/Dying-Scream-e...793516&sr=1-38
No reviews yet (just released)
$FREE

No One Will Find You

An aspiring artist. A high-school senior. A stripper. Three women who seemed to have nothing in common except their sudden disappearance. But one man knew them all. Wealthy, privileged Craig Thornton even claimed to love them. And for that, they paid the ultimate price.

No One Will Save You

When Adrianna Barrington receives an anniversary card from her husband Craig, she assumes it's some crackpot's idea of a joke. After all, Craig is dead. But then come phone calls, flowers, messages. . .all reminding her how much Craig misses her. While Adrianna begins to doubt her sanity, grisly remains are found on the Thornton estate. Detective Gage Hudson is convinced the bodies are linked to Craig. But the biggest shocks are yet to come.

No One Will Hear You Scream

A psychopath has taken up his chilling work again, each death a prelude to the moment when she is under his control at last. And the only way for Gage and Adrianna to stop him is to uncover the truth about a family's dark past--and a twisted love that someone will kill for, again and again. . .
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #627
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you very much, mainly the second. The first one I have it in paper (I love it, but I don't know exactly if it's very explicit, not for me but... ), but the second one is new, and I was going to purchase it, so wonderful.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:59 AM   #628
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

One question: Do you know why Amazon is getting some new books for free and before the release date? I don't complain, curiosity only.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #629
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
One question: Do you know why Amazon is getting some new books for free and before the release date? I don't complain, curiosity only.
Apparently these particular publishers are going for the marketing model of:

more sales (even if free) == better bestseller positioning == more sales

Rather than whining that ebooks cut into the overpriced hardback sales (not here, I would have waited for the paperback, but bought the higher priced ebook if available on release day ... by the time a postponed ebook comes out, I'll have forgotten about the book and just read what I already have in my TBR stack (plus by that point, could get a library or buy used, etc.).

On some recent books, Sony has had them for free a week earlier than Amazon, as well.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:22 AM   #630
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Well, I was interested in knowing it. I'll continue examining the thread Anyway, a week earlier I think it's not motivation enough for trying Sony Store but thanks for the info.
Closed Thread

Tags
cheap, cheap kindle books, free, free kindle books