Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-02-2015, 09:06 AM   #601
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oren64 View Post
Yes it work, but only after 20 sec, tried changing ksmAutoselectafter=20 to 0, 1 or 5 but didn't work.
I cannot see why this should not work. But I would never choose such short delays like 1 sec. The problem is that if for some reason the started application (e.g., nickel) hangs on each start, you are in a loop (power off, power on, auto selection, hang). In such a case you need some time to stop nickel to be started.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:08 AM   #602
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Yes it work, but only after 20 sec, tried changing ksmAutoselectafter=20 to 0, 1 or 5 but didn't work.
Open "usersetings.txt" in Notepad++ and around line 40 you should see:

## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=10
ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader
## you can autoselect any entry of the ksm home screen (except "reboot" and "power_off"
## examples:
# ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader

But with the original settings to start after 20 sec

As you can see I have mine set to 10 sec (which may be longer than I need) and set to autostart Koreader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #603
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
I cannot see why this should not work. But I would never choose such short delays like 1 sec. The problem is that if for some reason the started application (e.g., nickel) hangs on each start, you are in a loop (power off, power on, auto selection, hang). In such a case you need some time to stop nickel to be started.
It's also alternating one time wait 20 sec in KSM menu, and the other it's go straight to nickel and the img file don't work.
and after i wait the 20 sec i open koreaser.img form nickel it's go back to ksm menu and not to koreader.

Maybe it be best to move the button "start nickel koreader switch" to the main menu for convenience.

Ken:I don't have "usersetings.txt" but x:\.adds\kbmenu\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt

Last edited by oren64; 10-02-2015 at 10:04 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 AM   #604
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's also alternating one time wait 20 sec in KSM menu, and the other it's go straight to nickel and the img file don't work.
and after i wait the 20 sec i open koreaser.img form nickel it's go back to ksm menu and not to koreader.

Maybe it be best to move the button "start nickel koreader switch" to the main menu for convenience.

Ken:I don't have "usersetings.txt" but x:\.adds\kbmenu\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt
I still use KSM7+4. The actual ksm.ini is at /.adds/kbmenu/ as is the usersetings.txt. My ksm.ini [general] section:

[general]
frontlightOnLevel=4
ksmAutoselectafter=10
ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader
preventfreeze=false

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 10-02-2015 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:15 AM   #605
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
After installation of KSM, you should have done:
Code:
select "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"
You can do it still now.

Quote:
Select in configure: [koreader], combineKoreaderAdditions=false

Quote:
This is because you are running KSM 8.
Advert
Old 10-02-2015, 10:23 AM   #606
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
After installation of KSM, you should have done:
Code:
select "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"
You can do it still now.

Select in configure: [koreader], combineKoreaderAdditions=false

This is because you are running KSM 8.
Okay great, Thanks

EDIT:
Ken: 10 or 20 second it's too long, i do it manually.

Last edited by oren64; 10-02-2015 at 10:38 AM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #607
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
If Koreader is active with my H2O, the power button "suspends". If KSM is active, it doesn't suspend, or at least the frontlight stays on. Is there any way to suspend when KSM is active?
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #608
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Tshering had a suspend, for a while but he dropped it, I think it conflicted with something. It may be that it was just not worth as much, in his launcher utility program, as it is in a reading program.

Luck;
Ken
Old 10-10-2015, 09:59 PM   #609
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
The font at maximum height of 55 seems very nice on my Aura (huge, clear and easy to choose)...
There's is some way to adjust the height beyond of 55 on KSM07 on my Aura H2O?
WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:48 AM   #610
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfBack View Post
The font at maximum height of 55 seems very nice on my Aura (huge, clear and easy to choose)...
There's is some way to adjust the height beyond of 55 on KSM07 on my Aura H2O?
You can edit .adds\kbmenu\confoptions\ksm_ini_options.txt with a unix-style editor. You will find there
Code:
kobomenuFontsize=35
kobomenuFontsize=45
kobomenuFontsize=55
You can change these options or add some as you like; for instance
Code:
kobomenuFontsize=35
kobomenuFontsize=45
kobomenuFontsize=55
kobomenuFontsize=62
kobomenuFontsize=64
kobomenuFontsize=72
These options will then be available in "configure" (maybe only after a restart of the device).
Old 10-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #611
WolfBack
Zealot
WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.WolfBack can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura 6'', Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Glo HD
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, tshering!!!!

WolfBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 11:35 AM   #612
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Handling Nickel updates

Hi

I do not know where to put this, but following an unpleasant experience, I think I have better share it.

I have installed KSM07 and Koreader on my Kobo Glo. I had selected in the tools/activate menu of KSM07 the option to "always" start with KSM07 (and later select either Nickel, Koreader or even Vlasovsoft).

When I side-load a Koboroot.tgz update for Nickel (regarding Metazoa patches), I get a one-liner stark warning from KSM07 telling me to "handle update". I dared once use the relevant menu in KSM07 to do it and had to do a factory reset.

This time, experience-wise, I reverted the above option in KSM07 from "always" to "never" and I rebooted my Kobo Glo with Nickel which handled well the update.

Problem

However this is not the end... When I tried to switch again to KSM07 from within Nickel, tapping like usual the image "ExitNickel", it failed and now I do not know what to do. The folder .adds with KSM and Koreader is still here but I have trouble acceding them...

Maybe I could perform some change using usb but I do not know which one.

I hope I have been clear...

Edit: OK I should have used "partial update"... Would it not have been more explicit to write: "to handle Nickel updates?"

Edit2: Now, even with the script "KSM07_restore" I do not manage to start again KSM07. Maybe I'll have to reinstall it?

Last edited by roger64; 10-25-2015 at 12:24 PM. Reason: restore
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #613
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@roger64
Probably you don't used partial update that let you install new firmware without eliminate essential KSM files to boot. You can reenable KSM installing the attached file.

(Don't worry about version numbers, use 3.12.1. Nothing change from theses days)
Attached Files
File Type: zip KSM_reinstall_3121.zip (3.7 KB, 154 views)
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 12:55 PM   #614
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
@boriar

Thanks for your reply.

I have found a solution, connecting with Nickel on USB and modifying the file "usersetting.txt" to revert to "always". After that and a reboot, everything is fine again.

I'm getting experience...

Last edited by roger64; 10-25-2015 at 01:06 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM   #615
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
If you wonder why, this is the explanation:

The "exit nickel" image only works if you entered nickel from KSM. If you booted directly into nickel it does nothing.

When you set KSM to "never" start, it honors it, and it doesn't start, instead the reader boots directly into nickel.

Since KSM is never starting, there's no way to get back into it, except by changing the start setting, which can only be done by editing the file externally, as you found out (or maybe with some fancy patching).

Personally, I have KSM set to "alternate", that way I can exit KSM by rebooting, and enter KSM by rebooting
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
koreader/nickel, ksm 07