Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-03-2010, 05:43 PM   #46
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
the indexer only activates if you have changed the content of your SD card.
It only does it once. Personally I like the little thumbs that it generates.
You can also disable the indexing in the advanced settings...
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #47
pauli
Groupie
pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.pauli equals 42.

Device: iLiad, DR1000S, HTC Hero, DR800SG
I haven't had any problems with the cap-sensors, they are working both with the 1.71 and 2.0 beta firmware.
pauli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #48
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaphic2 View Post

But is it my imagination or is the contrast less? Is this on-screen aliasing or some kind of cleartype thing? Anyone else experience this?
Yes, I've noticed that, but thought it's just a placebo effect
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:54 AM   #49
ec3008
ec3008 began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000S
I've reformatted my sd card and now all works fine.
No problem to index and view my 3000 books on DR1000

thanks
Enrico
ec3008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 AM   #50
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Is "scribbling" - or any other form of text highlighting - available on ePub books?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #51
Uthred
Uthred began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
The new firmware is running smoothly so far. But I've been unable to get it to open images in sequence e.g. If I had a folder with jpgs labelled 1-20 I'd need to open them one by one as opposed to being able to page through them with the sensors

Last edited by Uthred; 04-04-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Uthred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #52
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Is "scribbling" - or any other form of text highlighting - available on ePub books?
AFAIK, no. :-( Only in PDF and no reflow mode.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 02:33 PM   #53
SplogSplog
Connoisseur
SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.SplogSplog has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Irex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
the indexer only activates if you have changed the content of your SD card.
It only does it once. Personally I like the little thumbs that it generates.
You can also disable the indexing in the advanced settings...
I change the contents of my SD card very often. Probably every two days I put something new on there. Does it re-index everything even if I add just a single file? Or does it only index the newly added file? It seems to re-index everything, since adding even a single file involves an indexing process of at least half an hour for me, which is a great shame. Turning off indexing is, of course, an option, but it seems strange to not have incremental indexing in there (without this indexing would be close to useless for me).
SplogSplog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #54
gaphic2
Enthusiast
gaphic2 began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthred View Post
I've been unable to get it to open images in sequence e.g. If I had a folder with jpgs labelled 1-20 I'd need to open them one by one as opposed to being able to page through them with the sensors
Yep, same here. Are we doing something wrong? If not, this needs to be fixed, I think. Very annoying feature/bug.

An other problem: In pdf's, maximum zoom seems far less than before.

Last edited by gaphic2; 04-04-2010 at 05:05 PM.
gaphic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:30 AM   #55
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplogSplog View Post
I change the contents of my SD card very often. Probably every two days I put something new on there. Does it re-index everything even if I add just a single file?
It scans the whole SD card for files and compares it to the list in the database (global.db) to determine new/changed/deleted files. For new files, it will try to extract meta data (title, author, thumbnail). We've optimized the scanning and comparison process but depending on the SD card and content, going through the complete folder structure and loading the database can take some time.

For reference, can you give an indication of the number of files and folders on the cards and the time spend indexing?
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:35 AM   #56
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthred View Post
The new firmware is running smoothly so far. But I've been unable to get it to open images in sequence e.g. If I had a folder with jpgs labelled 1-20 I'd need to open them one by one as opposed to being able to page through them with the sensors
The image viewer works like it does on the current DR800; it open a single file. As the flat 'image' folder from the desktop does not show the original folders, navigating based on folders may be awkward.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:39 AM   #57
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, scribbling is only possible on fixed page layouts such as PDF and images.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #58
ThR
Tatütatuter
ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.ThR could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Aura H2O, Glo HD, Paperwhite, PRS-950
The next one: the "Limit"-epub (1300 pages) again - a turn to the next ist not possible (e.g. 307 to 308). The reader "hangs" in the application, the green led lasts dark. Going back to the main screen works, but back to "Limit" not. A blank screen appears and the menu below the screen is the main menu, not the application menu. Maybe after 4 to 5 minutes the page is displayed. Other epubs, that are opened too, will not work beyond this time too.

:edit: Solution:again deleting the metadata.db-File. It seems, that the file was corrupted by a shutdown. I tested the shutdown after 15 minutes of inactivity. The ebook was open, when the shutdown took place.

Last edited by ThR; 04-05-2010 at 05:28 AM.
ThR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 05:19 AM   #59
rfog
Guru
rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rfog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots of eInk devices and iOS stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
It scans the whole SD card for files and compares it to the list in the database (global.db) to determine new/changed/deleted files. For new files, it will try to extract meta data (title, author, thumbnail). We've optimized the scanning and comparison process but depending on the SD card and content, going through the complete folder structure and loading the database can take some time.

For reference, can you give an indication of the number of files and folders on the cards and the time spend indexing?
Why havent done that in background with a "watcher" to avoid indexer lockings and drain the battery?

Other problem: when files does not have metadata, they shows the same title for all. You can change that and if no metadata, show the file name. Sometimes is an essay and error to find the right file or we need to go to SD file view.
rfog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #60
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaphic2 View Post
But is it my imagination or is the contrast less? Is this on-screen aliasing or some kind of cleartype thing? Anyone else experience this?

Different font maybe? That could give the impression that contrast has changed.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote