Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 11-28-2009, 06:16 PM   #46
erosco
Enthusiast
erosco began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Love mine, wouldn't swap it for anything.. especially a kindle
erosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #47
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmikov View Post
Overall no regrets.
But the fact that the touted leather cover, turned out to be the ugliest IMHO, vinyl cover and no way to buy nicer (+smaller) one sours it a little.

I found a really cute pattern at a quilt shop on Black Friday for a quilted paperback book cover. With a little tweaking, I have the most awesome looking cover on my PP.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 07:35 PM   #48
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyrixx View Post
I found a really cute pattern at a quilt shop on Black Friday for a quilted paperback book cover. With a little tweaking, I have the most awesome looking cover on my PP.
Is it well stiffened with, at least, heavy cardboard? You need to protect the screen from damage if it gets a blow from some external object. Quilted padding won't be enough IMHO.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

This post is worthless with out PICS!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #50
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Quote:
Nice! Let's see pics! I like the cover it came with but wouldn't mind something additional to put that into so prevent dust and crap from getting into the open areas of the reader that the cover to not, well, cover. What you've done is a possible solution!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #51
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
This post is worthless with out PICS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Nice! Let's see pics! I like the cover it came with but wouldn't mind something additional to put that into so prevent dust and crap from getting into the open areas of the reader that the cover to not, well, cover. What you've done is a possible solution!
I agree! We need pics, (preferably of the making process as well...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #52
Ladyrixx
Zealot
Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ladyrixx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Kobo Mini, Nook Glowlight 2, Kobo Forma

I used the cover that came with the reader for more stability. The part where the reader clips in is in three pieces, because I suck at buttonholes and I needed the clips to come through. The ribbon is because the magnet won't go through that much fabric, but it's still tucked in there in case I want to change covers later.

It's all hand-sewn. I started Friday night, and finished it on Sunday, so I could bring it to work with me as normal.
Ladyrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #53
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
That does look awesome Ladyrixx. I'm going to show the wife and see if she'll make one for me. Where the clips are, do you find the fit a bit tight between the PP and the cover? I look at mine and there doesn't seem to be a lot of room to have anything in between the PP and the cover.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #54
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
That looks great! Pity I can't sew!
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 PM   #55
ezziriah
ezziriah began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I just got my EZReader Pocket Pro 5" in pink this past Wednesday evening. I have to say That I love it so far! No Problems and Aztak is having a deal where you can get the reader, a Memory card full of books with a little light to see to read in the dark, some starbucks coffe and some of their mints plus a 50% back coupon on the first 10 books you get through booksonboard.com which I think is a great deal in itself! I've not had problems with it and so far I love it! I like others here just want a good ereader to do what its suppose to. I mean of course I would of loved to get the new kindle with the wifi built in but I can live without the high costs and the "special features"
ezziriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #56
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@ Ladyrixx

Thanks for showing us the photos of your custom made cover. Looks good. I especially like the galaxies and stars.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 11:37 PM   #57
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
@ Ezziriah

It's great that you are pleased with your new reader.
Welcome to the forum.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #58
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Welcome to MobileRead, ezziriah.

You should find many friends here and plenty of advice and opinions.

Also, if you aren't aware of it, MobileRead has over 11,000 free public domain and CC titles in various formats for you to download.

Above all, HAVE FUN!

Don (Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-05-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM   #59
Sunspark
Zealot
Sunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with othersSunspark plays well with others

Device: EZ Reader Pocket PRO
It would be better if the device came with a vanity photo of Robertb like the one George posed for on Seinfeld.
Sunspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #60
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:

I used the cover that came with the reader for more stability.
OOOH what a good idea. *gets out crochet hooks*
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote