Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-20-2022, 12:21 PM   #46
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyshadeshae View Post
I have an issue where some (not all) of my audiobooks are producing incorrect durations.

The ones showing up wrong are always shorter (usually much shorter) than the actual length of the audiobook. I'm attached one example (and linked it from imgur), but this isn't my only incorrect one.

top line is info from calibre showing incorrect duration
bottom line is from file explorer showing correct duration

When I have audiobooks in multiple parts, I merge them together into one file using Merge MP3, so my first thought was there was a metadata holdover from before merging. However, I've had this issue happen in audiobooks that did not need to be merged and there are audiobooks that I've merged that don't have this issue at all.

Any thoughts on fixing this?
Hello, it could be many things.

But we are going to test the most common problem, that the audios have a wrong file extension.

Maybe not all the parts were originally mp3?

You can try a program to check the real codec of the audios, like "MediaInfo" https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo
(also for android and ios looking in their markets)

If the file extension is incorrect, mediainfo recommends compatible file extensions.

For example, this is an mpeg audio layer3 (mp3) file but I renamed it wrong to .ogg, when I open it with mediainfo it recommends the proper extensions.

P.S: If this doesn't fix your problem, we could try other ways
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	file_extension.png
Views:	109
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	197894  

Last edited by wiso; 11-20-2022 at 12:27 PM.
wiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 07:23 PM   #47
alyshadeshae
Cat Mom
alyshadeshae began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
Maybe not all the parts were originally mp3?
To my knowledge, they were all mp3s (except for a few that I converted with VLC, and I believe those are all fine).

I added a screenshot of the info from the program you recommended. I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at here, but it's not telling me that the extension is wrong:

But it's also showing the wrong duration on that screen.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-22 181956.png
Views:	434
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	197929  
alyshadeshae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2022, 11:48 AM   #48
wiso
Enthusiast
wiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it iswiso knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyshadeshae View Post
But it's also showing the wrong duration on that screen.
Hello, we already know something else.

It tells us that it looks like a correct mp3, but something is wrong in that resulting file or in its metadata, since it also indicates 1h of duration.

How did you join the audios?

The AudioBook_Duration plugin can calculate the duration of all files inside the folder or even .zip or .rar file

If it calculates the duration of the original audios correctly, we have to see what has happened when converting them to a single file.
Old 12-11-2022, 12:21 AM   #49
LazyGirl
LazyGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
No info returned

Hi All!

I think I have followed all the directions correctly.

Installed plugin.
Created column for duration (named duration) and set type as "Text, column shown in the tab browser."
Configured plugin with "#duration" in the customize window.

When I click "update the audiobook duration column" it calculates then tells me "updated duration column in 1 book(s) file."

Nothing appears in the duration column.

Please help me figure out how to fix this. I'm using Calibre Portable on Windows 10.
LazyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 10:45 AM   #50
wiso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyGirl View Post
Hi All!

I think I have followed all the directions correctly.

Installed plugin.
Created column for duration (named duration) and set type as "Text, column shown in the tab browser."
Configured plugin with "#duration" in the customize window.

When I click "update the audiobook duration column" it calculates then tells me "updated duration column in 1 book(s) file."

Nothing appears in the duration column.

Please help me figure out how to fix this. I'm using Calibre Portable on Windows 10.
Hi,
Please review the column name and the column name that you put in the configuration.

Indeed, if the name of the column is not exactly that of a valid column, it shows the message that the data has been updated, but since that column DOES NOT EXIST, it cannot update them.

Could you show a screenshot of the custom column and settings, something like that...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	a.png
Views:	90
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	198391  
Advert
Old 12-14-2022, 12:16 PM   #51
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
do not include the # WHEN YOU CREATE the column.

It is needed when you configure apps or searches .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #52
LazyGirl

Thanks for responding!

Here are the pertinent screenshots. I only entered # in the Customize Audiobook_Duration window. Calibre added it to the column list.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 170114.png
Views:	84
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	198574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 170238.png
Views:	82
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	198575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 170330.png
Views:	97
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	198576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-12-24 170425.png
Views:	80
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	198577  
Old 12-25-2022, 12:57 PM   #53
wiso
Enthusiast

Hi LazyGirl,
As i can see in your screens, i think Calibre is case sensitive and you should use "#duration" instead of "#Duration"
Old 01-01-2023, 08:16 PM   #54
Montana Harper
Zealot
Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Montana Harper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone 12, Kindle Paperwhite 3
.m3u and .pls files?

I love this plugin, but I've run into a problem. It will calculate the duration properly if the audio files themselves are stored by Calibre, but if I make an .m3u or .pls file (with absolute paths) for multi-file audiobooks and place that alone in Calibre, while leaving the audio files in a different directory, it returns a value of 0:00:00. Is there a way to get it to actually parse the playlist files so it can find the actual audio files to calculate the duration?

Moving the files into Calibre isn't a viable solution for me — I use AudioBookShelf to stream my audiobooks, so the files need to be in a specific directory for it to find them — but I do like to track all information about a book, including a playlist link to it, in Calibre.

TIA!
Montana Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 12:35 PM   #55
wiso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Harper View Post
I love this plugin, but I've run into a problem. It will calculate the duration properly if the audio files themselves are stored by Calibre, but if I make an .m3u or .pls file (with absolute paths) for multi-file audiobooks and place that alone in Calibre, while leaving the audio files in a different directory, it returns a value of 0:00:00. Is there a way to get it to actually parse the playlist files so it can find the actual audio files to calculate the duration?

Moving the files into Calibre isn't a viable solution for me — I use AudioBookShelf to stream my audiobooks, so the files need to be in a specific directory for it to find them — but I do like to track all information about a book, including a playlist link to it, in Calibre.

TIA!
Audiobook Duration only calculates the audios inside the caliber folder.

Currently does not look for paths inside .m3u or .pls files or other files.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:15 AM   #56
MishoCana
MishoCana began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Error with Calibre 6.11

calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 479, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 307, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 206, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.audiobookmetadatareader.__init__" , line 8, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'common'
MishoCana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 03:36 PM   #57
wiso
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishoCana View Post
calibre, version 6.11.0
ERROR: Install plugin failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 709, in _install_clicked
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 479, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1050, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1027, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 688, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 206, in exec_module
File "calibre_plugins.audiobookmetadatareader.__init__" , line 8, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'common'
Maybe your instalation of Calibre had something wrong, try unisntalling and installing again, as i can see:
Code:
This 2 lines, seems that Calibre can't load correctly importlib and zipplugin, and you need them to install plugins and load imported libraries.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:25 AM   #58
MishoCana
MishoCana began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Thank you. I will wait till the next version release.
MishoCana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 06:48 PM   #59
LazyGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiso View Post
Hi LazyGirl,
As i can see in your screens, i think Calibre is case sensitive and you should use "#duration" instead of "#Duration"
This was the problem! Thank you so much wiso!!!
Old 07-10-2023, 08:36 PM   #60
TomboAhi
TomboAhi began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am having an issue where it constantly reports each and every folder as being opened in another program. It could be after a clean boot, no other apps open, and it does not matter where the folder is located. Same error each time. Even with a single MP3 in the folder.

Might you have any idea on what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TomboAhi; 07-10-2023 at 08:40 PM.
TomboAhi is offline   Reply With Quote