Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: Which books would you prefer for the December 2013 MobileRead Book Club selection?
Dubliners by James Joyce 17 43.59%
The Mysterious Mr. Quin by Agatha Christie 13 33.33%
The Unreal and the Real, Selected Stories of Ursula K. Le Guin Vol. 2 by Ursula K. Le Guin 5 12.82%
The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 9 23.08%
The Illustrated Man by Ray Bradbury 10 25.64%
The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling 12 30.77%
Tales From the Jazz Age by F. Scott Fitzgerald 11 28.21%
10 Wonderful Short Stories to Read For Free Online by various authors 9 23.08%
Limits by Larry Niven 6 15.38%
Shifu, You'll Do Anything for a Laugh by Mo Yan 6 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2013, 08:16 AM   #46
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
(just an afterthought: has this book many pages......?)
ADE counts 140.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #47
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
ADE counts 140.
Thanks, Pynch, this is doable before the weekend.........
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #48
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
I've already read the first four stories.

Still eleven left.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #49
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
As I look at my ebook collection I see that this book was the 14th ebook I added to my calibre collection on Sept 3 2009.

In looking at TOC I see that I've read several of them already....maybe time to read the rest...

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #50
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Indeed! This is a luminous, brilliant, magnificent film .... the photography of the falling snow is unforgettable .... and the actors bring Joyce's words alive ....
And, if I remember correctly, Chief O'Brien from Star Trek TNG and DS9 has a small part in the movie ... what could be better than a mix of Star Trek and James Joyce?
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert