Notices

Old 07-09-2021, 02:54 PM   #466
guitu
guitu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I tried this plugin just now on this English language book using calibre 5.23.0 and it worked for me. I was able to add soft hyphens to a book in AZW3 format, sideload it onto my Kindle Oasis running firmware 5.13.6 and see the expected hyphenation.

Perhaps you could try the same book and see if it works for you. If not you should check for any errors in the job log. If none you could post the resulting AZW3 file and so that someone can check it for the presence of soft hyphen characters.

Added: If you are really running calibre 5.13 and that wasn't a typo then I suggest you update.
I have updated the Calibre as you said.

I have used the epub that you have put, I have installed an English dictionary to Caliber (I use Spanish) and when converting it, yes! the hyphens appear!
I did the same with my books, but it does not work, so I have tried another dictionary, one that is in another post #447 and it finally works!
So I suppose, the problem was the OpenOffice .oxt dictionary.

Thanks for your help, I can finally format the text as I like it.
Greetings

guitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #467
Protoplast26
Protoplast26 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 10th gen and Kobo Aura H2O
I've tried the plugin in some book on my kindle and some work, but others do complete the hypenation process, but the page numbering is gone. I can only view the location
Protoplast26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #468
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplast26 View Post
I've tried the plugin in some book on my kindle and some work, but others do complete the hypenation process, but the page numbering is gone. I can only view the location
I have never seen such problems in my use of this plugin. What exactly are you doing and what exactly is happening and do any of your eBooks have DRM? Give as much detail as possible.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #469
guitu
guitu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoplast26 View Post
Did you install it correctly in the Calibre? Do you have an updated Kindle?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW

I'm doing fine now.

Greetings
guitu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 06:41 AM   #470
il mietitore
il mietitore began at the beginning.

Device: none
Greetings. I tried to search the forum for this same issue but apparently no one else is having it.

I'm trying to use this plugin to hyphenate a book in italian language.

I installed Hyphenate This via the Calibre internal wizard, version 0.1.3. When I try to set it, and to import the italian dictionary, though, I receive this error: "NameError:Could not load dictionary description".

Here's the detailed report:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.26.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>NameError</b>:Could not load dictionary description

calibre 5.26 embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: it
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 213, in _addDict
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 228, in _addOxt
NameError: Could not load dictionary description
I tried to install both Libreoffice's and Openoffice's dictionary. The one above is Libreoffice's, but the error I get is exactly the same.

How should I proceed?
il mietitore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2021, 06:59 AM   #471
il mietitore

In the meanwhile I tried to install Calibre and Hyphenate This on a totally different system (Linux, Crunchbang Plus Plus distro) and I obtained exactly the same result, which suggests that it's not a system-related issue:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.26.0
ERRORE: Eccezione non gestita: <b>NameError</b>:Could not load dictionary description

calibre 5.26 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Linux-4.9.0-16-amd64-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '4.9.0-16-amd64', '#1 SMP Debian 4.9.272-2 (2021-07-19)')
Python 3.8.5
Interface language: it
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 213, in _addDict
self._addOxt(df)
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.gui.config", line 228, in _addOxt
raise NameError("Could not load dictionary description")
NameError: Could not load dictionary description
Old 09-03-2021, 07:09 AM   #472
il mietitore

Pardon me the triple post. I just tried to import the english dictionary and it works. So I guess there's some kind of incompatibility with the italian one.
Old 09-03-2021, 08:20 PM   #473
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
This is a problem of the *.otx file itself so You have to change the extension of the file from *.otx to *.zip and exploit it. Then use the file named hyph_it_IT.dic in the dictionaries directory.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 03:39 PM   #474
il mietitore

Indeed this appears to have solved the problem. Thank you
Old 01-05-2022, 03:59 PM   #475
steakhutzeee
Enthusiast
steakhutzeee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (2018)
Hi,

for english books what is the correct dictionary to download? Is it the "English dictionaries with fixed dash handling and new ligature and phonetic suggestion support"?

Thanks!
steakhutzeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:41 PM   #476
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Hello people, a friend gets this error with the plugin. Does anyone know what the reason would be?
I reinstall hyphenate this (dictionary included), and when I run it with the first plugin option, I get this in the bug report calibre 5.34 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8.1', '6.3.9600')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('8.1', '6.3.9600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 11, 1) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3)
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 120, in hyphenate
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction ", line 94, in _select_books
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 178, in init
File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenat or", line 122, in init
ValueError: max() arg is an empty sequence

Last edited by dunhill; 01-18-2022 at 05:44 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 06:44 AM   #477
GanonZD
GanonZD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
I have a similar issue with Calibre on Windows 10 when trying to add Danish-language hyphenation using Hyphenate-this. I use this Danish dictionary and get the below error. I get no error when using the extension with English-language dictionary files. I was unable to find an alternative Danish dictionary file, so I don’t know for sure if the fault lies with the dictionary file itself. But this particular dictionary file appears to be more or less the only open source Danish dictionary file on the market, and the project looks quite serious, so I doubt that the file itself is corrupted.

Code:
calibre, version 5.41.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for int() with base 10: '31 al:a-våbenet al:a-våbnet al:a-våbenets al:a-våbnets al:a-våbens al:a-våbnene al:a-våbnenes'

calibre 5.41  embedded-python: True is64bit: False
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 120, in hyphenate
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenatethisaction", line 94, in _select_books
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 178, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 109, in __init__
  File "calibre_plugins.hyphenatethis.hyphenator.hyphenator", line 51, in __init__
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '31 al:a-våbenet al:a-våbnet al:a-våbenets al:a-våbnets al:a-våbens al:a-våbnene al:a-våbnenes'
GanonZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:22 AM   #478
BeckyEbook
Guru
BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeckyEbook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Misc
@GanonZD:
1. Download da_DK-*.oxt file
2. Change extension to zip
3. Extract file hyph_da_DK.dic
4. Change the file encoding from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 and change the first line in the file to UTF-8
5. Open the plugin configuration and add the corrected hyph_da_DK.dic file to the dictionary list.

Done.

This short instruction may be useful in the future, when a newer version is available on the dictionary page.
To make it easier, I attach a file with the correct encoding that works for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyph_da_dk-dic-utf-8.zip (3.2 KB, 102 views)
BeckyEbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:51 AM   #479
GanonZD
GanonZD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
@BeckyEbook: Thank you so much for your help, that solved the problem immediately! :-)
GanonZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 04:35 PM   #480
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Is this plugin going to be updated for Calibre 6? It's one that I do use and would like to be updated. Thanks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces