Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
No ePub support means it's obsolete before it is even released.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #32
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
i'm going to wait and see how much better the contrast is compared to the previous version...
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #33
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
Are u sure one cannot load an epub onto the kindle?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #34
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post

I'm sure you can load it on, but can you then read it ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:55 AM   #35
Anarel
Evangelist
Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.Anarel has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: K1, GKDX, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post

Yes, but if it doesn't have DRM you can convert it to mobi via Calibre or some other software and put it on the Kindle.
Anarel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #36
blueoyster
blueoyster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I am very disappointed with this new Kindle DX release. We are getting:
  • New color (cosmetic)
  • Higher contrast (nice)
  • Price drop (doesn't count as it was already overpriced)

I was really looking forward to a DX with a touch screen (without affecting contrast) minus million buttons. I guess I will have to wait for Kindle 3 or next sony release.

I am surprised they still haven't caught up with Sony. All Sony got to do is to figure out how to keep the touch panel without affecting visibility and add it to a bigger reader.
blueoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #37
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I would love a kindle like this for home, and love the new look, ...butmore if I could read epub without any problem.

I know I can convert non-DRM epub to mobi, but I would prefer not to. And there is lot of people who don't know how to manage Calibre or other programs like it. Or don't want.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:16 AM   #38
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm looking forward to the improved contrast. I will wait to see how it compares with my original DX before selling that. The graphite color is okay but I would probably skin it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:20 AM   #39
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
The new design is great. Does somebody know if you can jailbreak and put the FBReader on it?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:24 AM   #40
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoyster View Post
I am very disappointed with this new Kindle DX release. We are getting:
  • New color (cosmetic)
  • Higher contrast (nice)
  • Price drop (doesn't count as it was already overpriced)

I was really looking forward to a DX with a touch screen (without affecting contrast) minus million buttons. I guess I will have to wait for Kindle 3 or next sony release.

I am surprised they still haven't caught up with Sony. All Sony got to do is to figure out how to keep the touch panel without affecting visibility and add it to a bigger reader.
oh !

you mean an iPad .... :snickers:
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #41
blueoyster
blueoyster began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
I like iPad and would love to have it but I am afraid I would go blind because I already spend whole day at job in front of a computer, and tv at home. I had PRS 505 and I never felt any strain. Sadly, it wasn't good for tech reading.
blueoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:29 AM   #42
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
that is a gorgeous new color, wish I wouldve had that option when I bought one
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:34 AM   #43
Sischa
Evangelist
Sischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it isSischa knows what time it is

Device: Nokia 770, Ilead, Cybook G3, Kindle DX, Kindle 2, iPad, Kindle 3, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertony View Post
Also looks they combined the numbers with the letters keys. Still no ePub or removable card slot.
The numbers were always combined with the letters at the DX.
Sischa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #44
fernandokde
fernandokde began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader prs-505
Does it has the new e-ink pearl screen? Both announce better constrast.
fernandokde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #45
Mike4672
Mike4672 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4, LG G3
I've never had problem with the contrast on my Kindle DX... it looks great. However, better contrast is always a good thing, I think.

The lower price is a good selling point. However, I'm not thrilled with the new color. I still like the white. It'll never be mistaken for anything but a Kindle.

The changes made to the new Kindle DX aren't enough to cause me to upgrade. I think I'll wait for the 3rd generation.
Mike4672 is offline   Reply With Quote