Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM   #31
tmclough
Connoisseur
tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tmclough ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagars24 View Post
I tried to just flash it using the PB and Cybook FW and it bricks the Astak. I had to reflash it using the mentor FW to make it work. I am doing something wrong, will look into it more tonight after work.
Do the firmware files have the same or different names? If they are different, what happens if you rename the PocketBook or Cybook firmware file to the same name as the Mentor file?

The reason I'm suggesting this is because, several years ago, I owned a Rio Volt MP3/CD player, which was manufactured by iRiver, but the iRiver firmware wouldn't work on the Rio Volt, unless you do what I just suggested for the Mentor/PocketBook/Cybook (i.e., rename the file).
tmclough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #32
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Quote:
Also, I had emailed Astak and they said the Icon FW is Beta only and show not be used. I tied it too and felt it was buggy. The reader restarted couple times.
I'm really liking the icon firmware. Haven't had any restarts or anything. It's much nicer looking than the standard firmware.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 09:28 AM   #33
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
I'm really liking the icon firmware. Haven't had any restarts or anything. It's much nicer looking than the standard firmware.
I am glad you like it. I tried it but just dint work for me. It has a lot more features like reading histroy and PDF zooming, but for some reason it would restart on me when i would try to open the sherlock holmes epub books. Dint try many other books after that and switched to Cooler reader FW. If u want to give up the fancy buttons you should give the cooler reader FW a try, when u turn it on it directly goes to the book u were reading last.
------

So i dont think its the name of the file that is making the difference in this care. It really is the bootloader. The bootloader which are in PB and CB Gen 3 Gold are completely different, their upgrade files only contain part of the FW.

I dont know much about this subject and I was so busy this week that i dint get a chance to look into it, but with some research i might be able to make it work. I read in a few places that people have made it work.

There are some cool features on the cybook, like quick power on and off, and the PB has the dictionary.... Oh i have spent a lot of time on a $130 gaget
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #34
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Quote:
Oh i have spent a lot of time on a $130 gaget
Think of it as extra entertainment value

Karma for trying to figure this out!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #35
sagars24
sagars24 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: borges impres-
I returned my Mentor and got an kindle! Sorry guys... just couldnt handle not being able to turn on my device on the Last location read and not have a dictionary.
sagars24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert