Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #31
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Thumbs up Have more faith in Astak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegeus View Post
I am very much frustrated about the new firmwares.

I believe that we will not get any new firmware update more than one or two for our devices. The reason for this is, the e-book device technology is booming with color screens and wireless connections and touch screens etc. Therefore Jinke has to come with new devices which support these new features in order to compete in the market, which I believe is a hard and expensive job to do. They have put their employees and experts on the new models that will attract the customers.

So, to use some of this valuable expert time without employing new people to an older model, which works at 70 to 80% is a big waste of time and energy. I think Jinke will not give us more support for this device and will drive us to the new models to make more money, which will have many of the features we request. Otherwise, there are dozens of good advices in these forums under many topics and I am sure RobertB has taken note of them carefully. So the company knows exactly what the customer wants. But they will not do it. That's why we'll have to few new firmwares from now on.

If only we had some talented geeks or "hackers" to play with this device and bring us custom firmwares.

Regards.
Dear Aegeous:

Don't you think Astak would immediately go ape at Jinke IF they thought they were slacking off on the upgrades?

Yes, some of their engineers all along have always been working on new models. In this industry, if you stay frozen... you dry up. There has always been a plan to, for example, bring out a 9 inch device and to go with wirless and a lot more.

But... we talked with them at CES in January and all was fine on supporting the Pocket PRO.

Right now, it is Chinese New Year in Asia. Their New Year is wrapped around their families and not so much like ours. ALL of the factories in every field shut down for ten days. Do I like it?? No, I think it a bit weird and un-businesslike... but I cannot change their national holidays and I have to work around it despite how I personally feel. Right now Jinke is out for ten days or so. After that I will again find out about firmware upgrades.

Yes, I know and see the new models popping up. There you are right. However, Astak is not sitting still either. We are coming out with new models. Those new models will STILL be the finest devices on the market.

The hardest thing for any company is to support existing models that have been out a while and to move forward with the new.

Nobody at Astak or Jinke has any desire to decrease support or sales for the Pocket PRO. BUT... there does come a time when the device is pretty well brought up to maximum potential.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote