Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 10-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #31
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If your book is DRM-free (as the Webscription books are), you can use "Calibre" to very easily change the margin sizes. Add your book to the Calibre library, select "Convert Book", set both the source and target formats to be "ePub", and on the "Page Setup" tab for the target book, set the desired margin sizes.
Thanks, I just downloaded the Windows Version. Or should I run the Linux version on my Ubuntu kit?
Thnx
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've only ever used the Windows version, but I understand that it works essentially the same way on all the platforms which support it. On Windows, just drag a book from Windows Explorer onto the Calibre library screen, to import it, then right click it, and select "Convert Book Individually" from the pop-up menu. After the conversion's finished, right click again, and select "Save to disk".

Last edited by HarryT; 10-08-2009 at 10:52 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #33
Xerxes
Addict
Xerxes has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Astak EZReader, Pocket Pro
Quote:
If your book is DRM-free (as the Webscription books are), you can use "Calibre" to very easily change the margin sizes. Add your book to the Calibre library, select "Convert Book", set both the source and target formats to be "ePub", and on the "Page Setup" tab for the target book, set the desired margin sizes.
You can't do that if it is DRM though can you?
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #34
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
You can't do that if it is DRM though can you?
Not without removing the DRM first, no.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #35
Xerxes
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Not without removing the DRM first, no.
How do you strip it off epub books?
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #36
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How do you strip it off epub books?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39423
Old 10-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #37
Xerxes
Addict

After looking at it, I think I'm just tooooooo lazy.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #38
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?

Quote:
After looking at it, I think I'm just tooooooo lazy.
Didn't say it was easy... Just possible
Old 10-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #39
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
Quote:
You need to set a right margin in the book such that the text doesn't overlap the page number - a 13pt margin is generally sufficient. If you download any of the ePub books that I've uploaded, you'll see, I think, that it looks a lot better that way.
Harry, Thanks for your help! Mine isnt that bad. It faded maybe half a letter but I'll be keeping that in mind next time I convert my books to ePub.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote